Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 09:42   #346
Team-BHP Support

You've got a very very tasty set of wheels man! Are skirts on the cards as well? A good set of skirts will set it off quite well IMO. And a lip spoiler perhaps?

P.S. Nice ICE!
Old 11th June 2010, 10:00   #347
BHPian

[quote=akshay1234;1929545]UPDATE - 3500 KM REVIEW

The Suspension and Handling
the suspension can be a weak point of this car sometimes. it is slightly stiff at lower speeds and is not the best if your looking for handling. well even after changing to 17 inchers and 225 width tyres, the ride is just as good, and only if its a sharp bump do you feel the jolt more. low speed ride too is just ok. after changing the shoes, at higher speeds the car feels much more planted and less wallowy. and even while taking sharp turns, bodyroll is still present but the grip is pretty damn good. overall i would say a good compromise between comfort and a little bit of handling, i wish it was a little stiffer though. The only fly in the ointment, strut braces help but only to a certain extent

oh yeah, sat in the backseat once, and wow the side is simply astounding, you cant feel any bumps at all. i was very surprised. dont ask why i was sitting there haha.

The Brakes
the brakes may be the 2nd weak point of this car. they are extremely good for normal driving and you can shed speed quickly even from medium speeds like 100-120kmph. but sometimes if you go above that to say 160-180kmph then you can experience brake judder, but the brakes still seem to work decently enough at losing speed. the brakes, i feel, could have been more sensitive, but the feel is reasonably good. +1 to that. Get them checked regularly. Refer to my thread about the brake judder

The Mileage
still getting around the same mileage, which is around 5.5-6kmpl. this is only in bombay traffic and sometimes in bumper to bumper. also this is NOT driving like a granny, i redline at least 2-3 times whenever i drive. i would say this is acceptable mileage for an engine of this size. im sure if i do this perfectly i.e without redlining and all i will get 7 or so kmpl. never been on a highway drive so cant say what the mileage would be.
Pretty good mileage. I get 4 to 4.5 kmpl in balls to the wall mode and around 5.5 in granny mode. Highways translate to an 8 MAX

BTW nice pics. Inspiring me to update my thread :P
Old 11th June 2010, 10:15   #348
Senior - BHPian

Nice review man. Your car is getting along really well, careful with those sealink blasts by dawn though Speaking from experience !! And nice spot for clicking pictures.
Old 11th June 2010, 11:48   #349
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Loved the recent review.

Can you post details of the P4and pix of your car with it on? Have seen advertisements of this brand but haven't seen/read about it here.

Waiting for the photo shoot
thanks alot sir. theres been a mistake, they are autogauge and NOT p4. i dont know why i typed p4 lol. but i will take some pics of the HIDs in my basement asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Nice Alloys. And V6 looks smashing in Black. Awaiting more pics from the photo-shoot.
thank you very much.

i have fixed up with hvishwanathan to do a photoshoot with his laura 1.8tsi. hopefully that will materialize in the next 2 weeks or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
You've got a very very tasty set of wheels man! Are skirts on the cards as well? A good set of skirts will set it off quite well IMO. And a lip spoiler perhaps?

P.S. Nice ICE!
thanks again suhaas, but no more cosmetic mods for now. i like it the way it is.
Old 11th June 2010, 11:52   #350
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
The only fly in the ointment, strut braces help but only to a certain extent

+1 to that. Get them checked regularly. Refer to my thread about the brake judder

Pretty good mileage. I get 4 to 4.5 kmpl in balls to the wall mode and around 5.5 in granny mode. Highways translate to an 8 MAX

BTW nice pics. Inspiring me to update my thread :P
haha so so ahead and update your thread .

will look into the suspension and brakes, after i finish with my ICE.

well my car apparently has an updated gearbox, so thats why im guessing the mileage is better. ive never been able to drive it in granny mode as much as i try, everytime i see an open stretch in front of me........

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Nice review man. Your car is getting along really well, careful with those sealink blasts by dawn though Speaking from experience !! And nice spot for clicking pictures.
thanks bro. haha any particular reason for watching out on the sealink? no i dont do those to often anyway, and no insane speeds any more.
Old 29th June 2010, 14:37   #351
Team-BHP Support

so the car is due for a checkup next month. its running perfectly, as all japs do. and it bloody quick. i know i keep saying it, but it just surprises me everytime. the jap build quality, or lack of it is starting to show because now there are a few noises when i go over rough patches and bumps. i plan to get all the suspension components tightened in the next check up and i think all these noises would reduce further once i get damping done on the doors and the parcel tray.

also i have been using the car a little less since the rains have started. one reason being i am worries about the k&n. i know i shouldnt be too worried but what can i do. the other reason being when the roads are wet the damn thing just dosent get grip, the vsa light is on with even 3/4th throttle in first or second gears. LOL.

on a different note, the advan sports seem to grip really well even in wet conditions.

also a funny incident. one lazy sunday afternoon i was on marine drive. i got the first row in a signal and i was waiting to floor it, like i normally do. i hadnt driven the car in a day or 2 so i was looking forward to being pushed back in my seat and listening to the k&n.
while waiting for the signal, i heard a burble to my left. and i saw an M5 next to me. that instant i lost all my 'josh' to floor it, i didnt want to make a fool out of my self next to a 500bhp monster.
Old 7th July 2010, 20:38   #352
Team-BHP Support

I managed to take 2 pictures today in my basement, with the HIDs on. The first is with only the fog lights, and the second with low beam and fogs. I know i should have taken pics with both off, but the thought only occured to me later. Anyway hopefully you will get a small idea of what the beam and spread is like. I still have to take pics from the outside for you guys.

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img00035201007071940.jpgV6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img00036201007071940.jpg
Apologies for the delay.
Heres a random pic.
V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img00034201007071907.jpg

Also if any of you can contribute here please do
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-handling.html

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 7th July 2010 at 20:46.
Old 17th August 2010, 01:18   #353
Team-BHP Support

PAIN, LOTS OF PAIN -

Just had a mishap with the Accord, thanks to one of Mumbai's stupid drivers. I was in Churchgate, one signal ahead of the station on the main road, going towards Fort. I stopped at the signal where the high court road intersects. There is a left turn where i was, to go towards Metro. I stopped and waited for the signal to turn green. The was someone on the same road as me but opposite side. He too started. Get this, there is NO right turn from that side, only straight.

I looked in front to see the road ahead was clear and started accelerating. Forgot to mention it was raining. I was NOT accelerating full throttle, maybe quarter. My friend shouted at me to STOP. While braking i looked to my right and i see a Maruti Omni coming towards my car. I slammed on the brakes and so did he.

I think he came from a forward angle because he hit my right rear view mirror and it went in, then he hit the driver door. Then the moron sped off.

I started chasing him and seeing i was coming behind he stopped. He started apologising, and only then I got out to see the damage, i had thought the door would have a BIG dent.

Lucky me, it had a big deep scratch, no panel damage, only paint. Got his phone number and everything.

There was rain on the drivers window so could not see this idiots move earlier, my friend sitting shotgun saw it through the windscreen.

Im attaching a picture here
V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-idiot-accident.jpg

The green arrows show the traffic direction. The right turn this person took was ILLEGAL and absolutely stupid on his part.

Its really irritating. Am going to get it fixed tomorrow and thinking il get the dent at the back left also fixed, the one which was already there when i bought the car.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 17th August 2010 at 01:25.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:09   #354
Senior - BHPian

Oh that sucks! Commiserations buddy.
I can relate to your pain as my Civic also has had a door replacement due to an errant biker.

You're lucky its just scratch and getting it done not be too expensive. Do you have some pics of the damage?
Old 17th August 2010, 12:51   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

Commiserations, but congratulations on getting away with so little damage. I've suffered much more from an "argument" with one of those bicycle carts: it is amazing that you came out of this with just scratches.
Old 17th August 2010, 15:23   #356
Team-BHP Support

Here are 2 pics of the before and after. Sorry for the terrible quality. Im gonna get a full exterior detail done after the monsoon and then it should look perfect. I was really lucky to get away with such minimal damage.
V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img00005201008171058.jpgV6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img00006201008171148.jpg
BTW you can still see the scratch in the 2nd pic but actually its not noticeable.
Old 17th August 2010, 17:16   #357
BHPian

akshay,

Hope the scratch won't attract rust in this monsoon; get it done pronto.

Within the city I drive very slowly and deliberately as I see lots of impatient drivers willing to jump lights ( when there's no traffic police), swerve without any warning and generally trying to fill up all available space.

It is only on highways that you can get the thrill of the V6 and its transmission!

Regards
Old 17th August 2010, 19:40   #358
Senior - BHPian

@ Akshay - buy the best shade of nail polish (black) for the time being. top it up with a clear coat nail polish. You will not see the scratch from a distance. Get the paint work done at your convenience.

Take care and drive safe.
Old 17th August 2010, 19:51   #359
Team-BHP Support

I'm sorry, Akshay!

I had an incident while driving a few weeks back too! A hooligan on a two-wheeler scratched my car while I was gradually coming to a stop at a signal. It was green for quite a while and when I got closer to the signal, it turned orange. I decided to stop, like I always do. However, an RX borne miscreant decided to go ahead and I don't think he was expecting me to slow down. The funny thing is, I was doing just 20 km/h before slowing down and I was a good 50 feet from the signal!

The only difference between your accident and mine is that I was behind the wheel of our family work-horse, the seven-year-old Santro! But the pain isn't different, honestly!

Get the scratches done, ASAP and forget about it!
Old 17th August 2010, 20:53   #360
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
akshay,

Hope the scratch won't attract rust in this monsoon; get it done pronto.

Within the city I drive very slowly and deliberately as I see lots of impatient drivers willing to jump lights ( when there's no traffic police), swerve without any warning and generally trying to fill up all available space.

It is only on highways that you can get the thrill of the V6 and its transmission!

Regards
I think ill go down tomorrow and apply a few coats of wax over it. That should protect it properly and make it look better.

I hardly expected anyone to do something stupid like this especially since mine wasnt the only car at the intersection, there were like 4 or 5 more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@ Akshay - buy the best shade of nail polish (black) for the time being. top it up with a clear coat nail polish. You will not see the scratch from a distance. Get the paint work done at your convenience.

Take care and drive safe.
What about my polishing/waxing idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I'm sorry, Akshay!

I had an incident while driving a few weeks back too! A hooligan on a two-wheeler scratched my car while I was gradually coming to a stop at a signal. It was green for quite a while and when I got closer to the signal, it turned orange. I decided to stop, like I always do. However, an RX borne miscreant decided to go ahead and I don't think he was expecting me to slow down. The funny thing is, I was doing just 20 km/h before slowing down and I was a good 50 feet from the signal!

The only difference between your accident and mine is that I was behind the wheel of our family work-horse, the seven-year-old Santro! But the pain isn't different, honestly!

Get the scratches done, ASAP and forget about it!
Yes its really pissing off. Thank god it wasnt much work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks