Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 15:01   #376
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post

akshay,

You put it perfectly - we own a car to put a smile everytime we sit behind the steering.
Your mods have made the engine even more tractable- more torque at lower revs.

Not bad for a V6? 10.5?!?
What more do you want?

Your V6 is a better drivers' car than the next versions. Drive well and sleep in peace knowing that you own some terrific surface machinery.

Regards, drive safe
Right about that sir. BTW was driving a bit today and on the contrary to what I said about there seeming to be less power at the top end, the power seems to be the same. Just the filter screams a little less now. And the torque, woaaah, theres no rubbery feeling at all now from the a/t.

10.5 was cruising at 120-130, since my parents were there. Of course when I go in 2 weeks we shall see what mileage I get
Old 27th October 2010, 20:46   #377
BHPian

Pictures of Kamyo's magic touch ??
Old 27th October 2010, 21:20   #378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
Pictures of Kamyo's magic touch ??
Got the car back a little late today, so could not manage great pictures. I really do hope this time I can go and take some nice pics in the coming few days.
Old 27th October 2010, 21:48   #379
BHPian

The car looks great, with the details more visible than ever. And it sounds really really good.
Old 27th October 2010, 21:49   #380
Team-BHP Support

ICE UPDATE FINALLY
So on Tuesday I left the car with our own Bass&Trouble (Ajay) and got my ICE upgraded. I had Alpine type R 6.5" Components for the front and 6x9s for the rear. I bought a Focal Solid 4 Amp from Ajay and he did the installation using Ground Zero and Illusion Audio wiring and Noise Kill damping.

The music system sounds sooooooo much better than stock now. It still has a long way to go though because Im using the stock head unit. There is also some hissing noise which should get sorted out next week when I give the car to Ajay again.

The installation seemed to be great and from inside the cabin you cannot make out the speakers are upgraded.

Now in a month or so I will install the Alpine M500 amp and Alpine SWR-1243d sub, which I am awaiting from the U.S. Might also get a processor along with that to improve the sound.

Even with this much damping the car feels much more solid

DETAILING
And also I gave the car to Kamyo Detailers for interior and exterior detailing. After the monsoons the beige interior had obviously got a bit dirty and the exterior had a lot of swirls. But after detailing the interior is totally clean, I dont feel like sitting on it thinking I will dirty it. lol. And the swirls are about 90% gone, and I am totally happy with the job done by Kamyo. Ive attached some pictures, not that great but all I could manage now.

Please let me know your comments. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_1064.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_1065.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_1067.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_1068.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_1071.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_1074.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_1078.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_1079.jpg  

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 27th October 2010 at 21:53.
Old 28th October 2010, 03:46   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Your interior pics are pretty good! And they show off the inside of the car beautifully. I'm not surprised you don't want to sit on those seats now! You'll have to keep specially clean clothes just for driving!
Old 28th October 2010, 16:38   #382
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Your interior pics are pretty good! And they show off the inside of the car beautifully. I'm not surprised you don't want to sit on those seats now! You'll have to keep specially clean clothes just for driving!
Haha even the outside. I dont feel like using it. I can just keep looking at it all day.
Old 28th October 2010, 18:06   #383
Senior - BHPian

Interiors look awesome...and so does the rest of your car...find me one at the price you got it and ill buy it the next day..

rev
Old 28th October 2010, 18:10   #384
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
Interiors look awesome...and so does the rest of your car...find me one at the price you got it and ill buy it the next day..

rev
Actually check carwale. There is one which has run 11k and the asking price is 12l which can easily be brought down. So Youll pick it up tomorrow?

Thanks alot though.
Old 29th October 2010, 03:33   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Actually check carwale. There is one which has run 11k and the asking price is 12l which can easily be brought down. So Youll pick it up tomorrow?

Thanks alot though.
LInk...wait im looking at it right now.

Edit entered my no. but havent got a code yet..any suggestions ?

Last edited by revtech : 29th October 2010 at 03:42.
Old 29th October 2010, 10:19   #386
Senior - BHPian

Akshay,
Your car looks perfect now.
There is something about that generation Accord dash, the way the dials light up its mesmerizing - for me atleast. Whenever I see an Accord, I have to look at the dash and dials.

Your wheel/tire combo is superb and enhances the overall looks of the car. Kamyo's treatment seems topnotch.

Cheers
Old 1st November 2010, 00:20   #387
Team-BHP Support

Thanks hiren, even I like the dials. This car was more original than the present gen where many bits have been copied from BMW, like the dials.

Anyway the car was dynoed, and it put out 190 horsepower on the dyno. That is 190 horsepower at the wheels, and after you take the transmission loss into account it = to about 240bhp at the crank

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-dsg-dyno.html

Theres the link to a thread GTO put up, with a few other cars dynoed.

Old 2nd November 2010, 12:48   #388
Senior - BHPian

Thats a lot of power! Your engine seems to be in perfect shape and that CAI has added quite a lot which wasn't expected.

Have fun!
Old 7th November 2010, 01:00   #389
Team-BHP Support

2 more little things that have managed to irritate me -

Took the car to Lonavla, and man, even with 5 people the engine had ZERO strain anywhere, it was climbing up the ghaats with such ease. Almost diesel like torque.

Anyway to the point, my rear H monogram got flicked. Very irritating, luckily nothing else. Its been ordered by Arya Honda since its not in stock, does anyone else have an idea where I can get it?

Also today I noticed a tyre with low air, I think its a puncture, ill have to get it fixed on Monday. I hope a puncture dosent not affect or weaken the tyre as such? Because I enjoy my spirited driving and high speed runs occasionally and it should not be unsafe. Any views on this guys?
Old 7th November 2010, 02:11   #390
Team-BHP Support

Great progress, Akshay. I've been following your thread intently and it's very impressive! Good stuff, man!

Quote:

Anyway to the point, my rear H monogram got flicked. Very irritating, luckily nothing else. Its been ordered by Arya Honda since its not in stock, does anyone else have an idea where I can get it?
This is your chance to get yourself one of those red Honda badges. IMO they look seriously hot and trust me, they will set your car apart. It's surprising that something so small and insignificant (almost!) can change your car's avatar!

Quote:
Also today I noticed a tyre with low air, I think its a puncture, ill have to get it fixed on Monday. I hope a puncture dosent not affect or weaken the tyre as such? Because I enjoy my spirited driving and high speed runs occasionally and it should not be unsafe. Any views on this guys?
Relatively poor roads + Spirited driving + low-profile tyres = Punctures. Or I'd like to believe that! Don't worry about it much. Repair. Move on. Enjoy!

The cause for concern arises when the same tyre gets punctured repeatedly, as per my understanding.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks