Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2010, 10:35   #391
BHPian

>>>

Look forward to seeing your beast in Lavasa on the 13th/14th. Its a great drive with some stiff inclines but the V6 can gobble up any road with contemptuous ease.

Regards, drive safe
Old 7th November 2010, 11:32   #392
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Great progress, Akshay. I've been following your thread intently and it's very impressive! Good stuff, man!
Thanks alot buddy,

This is your chance to get yourself one of those red Honda badges. IMO they look seriously hot and trust me, they will set your car apart. It's surprising that something so small and insignificant (almost!) can change your car's avatar!
Not a bad idea. I hope it wont make my car look ricer. Also any idea where I can get it?

Relatively poor roads + Spirited driving + low-profile tyres = Punctures. Or I'd like to believe that! Don't worry about it much. Repair. Move on. Enjoy! Most of the roads were fine. But the approach road to the bungalow was made of STONES. I knew something would happen but was rejoicing till yesterday when I noticed the puncture.

The cause for concern arises when the same tyre gets punctured repeatedly, as per my understanding.
Hope thats true.
replied above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

Look forward to seeing your beast in Lavasa on the 13th/14th. Its a great drive with some stiff inclines but the V6 can gobble up any road with contemptuous ease.

Regards, drive safe
Sir I highly doubt I will be able to make it. I have exams next month and cannot take time off.
Old 7th November 2010, 11:48   #393
Team-BHP Support

I seriously doubt the red-Honda badges would make your car look 'ricer' in any way. It's a subtle way of saying that you mean business. Ricer Hondas are usually kitted with low skirts, massive spoilers and loud exhausts that produce the fake-turbo-blow-off-valve whistle. Your car will never look like that or be like that. It's a V6 for crying out loud!

You must get the badges at any car-accessory store. It's not hard to procure. Why don't you do a quick T-BHP search, I'm sure that it will throw up quite a few places and suggestions.
Old 7th November 2010, 11:50   #394
Team-BHP Support

Or I can get them from the US. They dont seem that expensive, and even if I dont like them not much is lost. Hmm why not a black mesh grille to go with that.
Old 7th November 2010, 12:15   #395
BHPian

Id suggest skipping on the mesh grill. Keep it looking stock & with the mechanical mods you have planned, im sure the beast can turn into a monster. Those massive R17 alloys add enough character to your car as is. Subtle, but brawny.

Just imagine the expressions when most in higher up segments will think about getting smoked by a stock old gen accord
Old 7th November 2010, 12:21   #396
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Or I can get them from the US. They dont seem that expensive, and even if I dont like them not much is lost. Hmm why not a black mesh grille to go with that.
Why not? A black-mesh grille would give it a whole new look from the front. But get the Honda badge first and see how it goes. I'm guessing it wouldn't. But I'm not sure if the mesh-grill would go with the car at all. So why don't you photo-shop the chrome-bits and see for yourself?
Old 22nd November 2010, 22:49   #397
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Id suggest skipping on the mesh grill. Keep it looking stock & with the mechanical mods you have planned, im sure the beast can turn into a monster. Those massive R17 alloys add enough character to your car as is. Subtle, but brawny.

Just imagine the expressions when most in higher up segments will think about getting smoked by a stock old gen accord
Quote:
Why not? A black-mesh grille would give it a whole new look from the front. But get the Honda badge first and see how it goes. I'm guessing it wouldn't. But I'm not sure if the mesh-grill would go with the car at all. So why don't you photo-shop the chrome-bits and see for yourself?
Well I got the original Honda badge paid 800 I think for it. In Bombay my car is always parked well so doubt it will ever get stolen. I think im done with the cosmetic add-ons for my car. Now only focusing on mechanical.

I also ordered a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.1 along with my amp and sub. God only knows when I will receive them. Probably by December end. The ICE will sound very nice after all that methinks.

Anyway now starting to do my research on coilovers. Would blindly go for D2 considering the great price, but then ive heard they have problems and are prone to failure. Not sure if its worth it going for Teins.

Opinions guys, opinions...

Oh yeah, the car also went for a service/checkup. Will change the engine oil in DEC or JAN.
Old 23rd November 2010, 08:58   #398
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well I got the original Honda badge paid 800 I think for it. In Bombay my car is always parked well so doubt it will ever get stolen. I think im done with the cosmetic add-ons for my car. Now only focusing on mechanical.

I also ordered a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.1 along with my amp and sub. God only knows when I will receive them. Probably by December end. The ICE will sound very nice after all that methinks.

Anyway now starting to do my research on coilovers. Would blindly go for D2 considering the great price, but then ive heard they have problems and are prone to failure. Not sure if its worth it going for Teins.

Opinions guys, opinions...

Oh yeah, the car also went for a service/checkup. Will change the engine oil in DEC or JAN.
My honest opinion? Unless you're taking your Accord to the track, I seriously don't think you should get coil-overs. And it might just ruin the nice ride that the Accord provides. Why don't you go in for a Mugen exhaust instead?
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:28   #399
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My honest opinion? Unless you're taking your Accord to the track, I seriously don't think you should get coil-overs. And it might just ruin the nice ride that the Accord provides. Why don't you go in for a Mugen exhaust instead?
Because the car desperately needs better handling. Even while driving spiritedly the suspension seems too soft, I mean the tyres have helped, but they cant help more than they already are.

Lol Genuine Mugen exhausts are hard to find. And expensive. If anything it will have to be a Magnaflow catback.
Old 23rd November 2010, 20:22   #400
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Because the car desperately needs better handling. Even while driving spiritedly the suspension seems too soft, I mean the tyres have helped, but they cant help more than they already are.

Lol Genuine Mugen exhausts are hard to find. And expensive. If anything it will have to be a Magnaflow catback.
In that case, go in for a set of adjustable Koni Shocks. That should sort things out quite nicely. About the Mugen exhausts, I had read an article in BSM several years back and it had covered a gold Accord V6 with several Mugen parts on it. The owner of that Accord happened to be the dealer of a Honda outlet somewhere in Mumbai. Perhaps a bit of research should help you find the guy. Needless to say, his Accord looked stunning, and surprisingly in that shade of gold!

Magnaflow cat-backs are worth it IMO.
Old 23rd November 2010, 20:30   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Akshay
Does it come with Strut brace ?
If not, then IMO, you should try this first.
Old 23rd November 2010, 20:53   #402
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In that case, go in for a set of adjustable Koni Shocks. That should sort things out quite nicely. About the Mugen exhausts, I had read an article in BSM several years back and it had covered a gold Accord V6 with several Mugen parts on it. The owner of that Accord happened to be the dealer of a Honda outlet somewhere in Mumbai. Perhaps a bit of research should help you find the guy. Needless to say, his Accord looked stunning, and surprisingly in that shade of gold!

Magnaflow cat-backs are worth it IMO.
Yes I remember that Accord. It had 17" rims in gunmetal, and a Mugen kit on it. Looked hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Akshay
Does it come with Strut brace ?
If not, then IMO, you should try this first.
It doesnt have a strut brace. Im sure shocks would help more than that dont you think?
Old 24th November 2010, 09:58   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In that case, go in for a set of adjustable Koni Shocks.
Will changing the shocks to Koni FSD adjustable alone would help?
I am planning a similar upgrade on my Civic and hence the question.

Sorry Akshay for hijacking your thread.
Old 24th November 2010, 22:55   #404
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes I remember that Accord. It had 17" rims in gunmetal, and a Mugen kit on it. Looked hot.
Yup! What a machine that! Lovely wheels and the body-kit was so perfect! If I remember correctly, he remapped the ECU, got an Induction kit and an exhaust system installed. Sorted!

Quote:
It doesnt have a strut brace. Im sure shocks would help more than that dont you think?
Well, shocks would be a lot better than just a strut-brace. But it's like saying a full FFE is better than just the cat! Besides, a strut-brace would help and it would be much cheaper than getting a set of shocks. I think kpzen's got a point here. Why don't you build on the suspension bits one at a time? get the strut-brace now and see if it helps. If you want better handling, then the shocks should sort out that issue.

And the brace would help stiffening up the suspension and reducing roll and pitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Will changing the shocks to Koni FSD adjustable alone would help?
I am planning a similar upgrade on my Civic and hence the question.

Sorry Akshay for hijacking your thread.
Yes it would! And to quite a large extent actually! And you can get the upgrade on your Civic. It would work wonders and help wipe-out the softness in the Civic's suspension. You might even go over some larger speed-breakers and not hit them!
Old 27th November 2010, 00:23   #405
BHPian

@akshay
awesome car you got there mate,
love the alloys and the care that you extend to your car.
i missed my chance of getting a used accord when i got the jazz this year, i did come across a very well maintained 2nd gen accord 2.4mt.
but somehow we really needed the convenience of a hatchback, going through your thread makes me wanna turn back time and get that accord.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks