Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 20:15   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

@akshay, read this entire thread all 31 pages of it in just a day . Awesome-rated 5*!

I can't believe you got a 3 litre v6 with all those bells n whistles for a trifle more than I got my Vento AT . Of course the mods you've done only make the car sweeter.

The Honda Accord was my first objet d'affection growing up- somehow it had lost the allure- thanks very much for bringing it back!

How does this compare to the Superb 3.2 lit v6?
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2011, 20:30   #467
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@akshay, read this entire thread all 31 pages of it in just a day . Awesome-rated 5*!

I can't believe you got a 3 litre v6 with all those bells n whistles for a trifle more than I got my Vento AT . Of course the mods you've done only make the car sweeter.

The Honda Accord was my first objet d'affection growing up- somehow it had lost the allure- thanks very much for bringing it back!

How does this compare to the Superb 3.2 lit v6?
Thank you Sir. Appreciated.

Yes I got a good deal Most people when they see the car don't believe its pre owned. Of course the current state it is in people might think that, because of repairs in the building which cause dust and dirt + the cleaner with his dirty cloth = lots of swirls. Need to get a good polish done now. Long overdue.

Well the Superb 3.6 is a much more modern car. So it does have more features. The handling is great on that as with all Skodas, of course with the Konis it now is nearly as good. The braking too as with European cars is great on the Superb, and I reckon after what I've done its about as good as the stock brakes of the Superb but much harder to press the pedal.

The traction on the Superb 3.6 is superb thanks to 4 wheel drive. My car loses out from 0-60 because the traction light keeps blinking. With the Superb running on normal 91 octane fuel it can keep up and sometimes be a bit ahead of the Superb (Heck, its stayed ahead of a friends 530d upto 200) but with the Superb running 97 octane I'm sure it will eat the Accord up.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2011, 22:58   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice. The Superb is my planned next car- of course a long way off- and in V6 avatar I imagine it will be just awesome!

Surprisingly there aren't any ownership reviews of that beast on TBHP!
Old 24th May 2011, 01:49   #469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Nice. The Superb is my planned next car- of course a long way off- and in V6 avatar I imagine it will be just awesome!

Surprisingly there aren't any ownership reviews of that beast on TBHP!
Oh it is a nice car. But who knows what petrol prices will reach then and you might decide against the V6. I find the prices are ridiculous now. Even we are in the market for a new car this year, it got delayed by a few months to around Oct-Nov. Anything between the Laura and Passat depending on the budget at that time.
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:21   #470
BHPian

Hi akshay1234,
I read your complete thread and its awesome and the best part is that you keep updating it.My question is that how do you find the A/T gearbox of the accord?I test drove the newer 2.4 version recently and it had a lot of lag.Like the rpm use to shoot up and then the gear engaged with a jerk.Is the problem with 2.4 version only or even the V6 has it too?
Does your car have the same problem or its just the newer model has one?
rahul016 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 00:05   #471
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul016 View Post
Hi akshay1234,
I read your complete thread and its awesome and the best part is that you keep updating it.My question is that how do you find the A/T gearbox of the accord?I test drove the newer 2.4 version recently and it had a lot of lag.Like the rpm use to shoot up and then the gear engaged with a jerk.Is the problem with 2.4 version only or even the V6 has it too?
Does your car have the same problem or its just the newer model has one?
I'm not exactly sure what your saying but I do kind of understand it. Did it happen when you were downshifting, or in normal driving too? If only in downshifting, then yes most normal transmissions do have a bit of lag compared to, say, DSGs. Its a matter of getting used to.
Old 28th July 2011, 17:21   #472
BHPian

Can we have some latest pics of the car? And maybe a video or two

I'm soon going to need to upgrade brake pads on my 05 2.4 MT and would love to know your suggestions on the brake pads (what types are available?)

Thanks!
Old 28th July 2011, 18:35   #473
Team-BHP Support

So nothing new, eh Akshay?

It's been quite a while since we've seen your Accord on this thread. How is she doing? Time to post some pictures. Or are you waiting for the monsoons to stop tormenting the city? I'd say take her out to the sea-link and give us some nice pictures, please?
Old 29th July 2011, 23:43   #474
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingout View Post
Can we have some latest pics of the car? And maybe a video or two

I'm soon going to need to upgrade brake pads on my 05 2.4 MT and would love to know your suggestions on the brake pads (what types are available?)

Thanks!
They are long overdue I know. Especially the video. I shall try and take one as soon as possible.

As for the brake pads. Get Hawk HPS pads only if you drive fast. They need to warm up before they work properly (very well) and before that it seems you car has lost its power brakes (ok maybe exaggerated a bit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
So nothing new, eh Akshay?

It's been quite a while since we've seen your Accord on this thread. How is she doing? Time to post some pictures. Or are you waiting for the monsoons to stop tormenting the city? I'd say take her out to the sea-link and give us some nice pictures, please?
Well nothing much really. Got the car detailed by Kamyo, and what a top class job. The car is just shining. I'll put up a few pics I took from my phone. Well the rains have truly messed up with roads, and with 50 profile tyres I need to be a little cautious.
Old 13th August 2011, 15:29   #475
Team-BHP Support

Here are a couple of pics taken with my bb. Sorry for the quality, need to get my Dslr out and take some nice ones. Will also write a short update on the car very soon.
Attached Thumbnails
V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img2011081100003.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img2011081200004.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img2011081200006.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img2011081200008.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img2011081200009.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img2011081200011.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img2011081200012.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img20110812000081.jpg  

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 13th August 2011 at 15:30.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 18:58   #476
Team-BHP Support

Here are 2 pics showing the reflectiveness (lol) of the car a day after detailing, and a few more pics -
Attached Thumbnails
V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img2011071700033.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img2011071700036.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img2011071800039.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img2011071800040.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img2011071800041.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img2011071700035.jpg  

Old 19th August 2011, 00:54   #477
Team-BHP Support

18181 Kms Update -

Today when I went out for a drive, I looked at the odometer and saw 18181, and thought now is a good time for a short update on the car. Its been 1 year and a few more days than 8 months since I got a car, and it has run about 11k kms since then. Yes I know not much running. Since then it has not had even one issue, besides the regular service centre visits for small things.

When I had bought the car Honda had told me that the drivers side power window winder was weak, and would fail, but its still going strong. Again last time I sent it there I was told one of the engine mounts is weak, now that I will probably get replaced soon. Other than these 2 things, just a small rattle from a lose panel below the steering wheel. It had been removed for the ICE install, so needs to be tightened again. And another rattle from the rear parcel shelf sometimes. Besides the above, nothing.

The Honda build quality is just ok, and the insulation is not great when you compare it to the Germans. But the car still looks as fresh as it did on the day I got it.

Lets get to the car itself - There have been no more mods on the car recently, and I don't think there will be any more mods anytime soon. The V6 engine is running perfectly and still puts a smile on my face everytime I drive the car. It also gives quite a few cars a run for their money.

It does 0-100 in just about 8 seconds, and 100-180 in another 8-9 seconds. That is surprisingly quick, even today if you compare it to cars which cost upto 50l. The Koni's have made the handling so much better, it feels as chuckable as a Civic now. The high speed stability is also brilliant, just today I touched the double ton for the umpteenth time, and a friend commented on how stable the car was. Switching 2-3 lanes at a time at that speed were no issue. The brakes are amazing now compared to the stock Honda things. I would recommend these 2 upgrades to any Accord owner.

The ICE sounds beautiful, and now the sub is in a sealed box which I had switched the tube for. While the bass is much tighter now, it lacks punch. So I am getting a ported box made from scratch, with the full backside made of acrylic so you can see the subwoofer. It will be done in a few days and will hopefully improve the bass to the way I want it.

BTW Advan Sports are exceptional tyres when it comes to grip. The car literally begs you to push it faster around corners, but with a slight hint of understeer. The comfort is surprisingly good considering the profile.

If anything I want to get a nice sounding exhaust, silent at idle but screaming along with the K&N at full throttle. But dunno when that will happen. Expecting a new car in the house in a month or 2. Most probably the Laura L&K, though there could be a surprise. Will be replacing the Innova with that.

Thats all for now, let me know if anyone is actually reading this, so that I can continue updating. Also if there are any questions that can be asked.
Akshay1234 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 01:17   #478
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the post, Akshay! Your experience speaks miles about Honda quality - I mean you're pushing the car quite hard and it's giving you nothing but smiles.

We need to buy a car to use during the summers in Chennai, and mileage isn't really a concern, so a used V6 Accord is making a strong case for itself. I'm getting tempted

Ever considered removing the V6 badge? You'll have fun messing with wannabe racers!

EDIT: Did the V6 ever come with a manual tranny?

Last edited by anekho : 19th August 2011 at 01:20.
Old 19th August 2011, 01:37   #479
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
[b]
Thats all for now, let me know if anyone is actually reading this, so that I can continue updating. Also if there are any questions that can be asked.
Don't worry mate, I've been following this thread since it had been created. It's been a treat for me.

Good update. Good to know that the car is doing well. The new beefed up suspension and brakes seem to be complementing the car really well and putting down the power effortlessly, and shedding it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post

EDIT: Did the V6 ever come with a manual tranny?
Not here in India. It was available only with an automatic transmission. The only fly in the ointment, I'd say.

Even the new Accord V6 is available only with an auto-tranny. I'm not entirely sure about that, though.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 01:59   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Not here in India. It was available only with an automatic transmission. The only fly in the ointment, I'd say.

Even the new Accord V6 is available only with an auto-tranny. I'm not entirely sure about that, though.
Ah, thanks bro! Pity, V6 and a manual box would have been oodles of fun.

Really keen on getting something with a manual tranny as I drive automatic the rest of the year anyway - it's itching in me to shift cogs manually

Let's see, might have to start a thread in the what car section, soon!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks