Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2011, 14:45   #526
Team-BHP Support

re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@akshay

are you sure regarding the spark plug cost ? cause civic has irridiums and saw replacement cost for the set and it was around 4k so considering 2 more cylinders you accord has i guessed the price.

Could you tell me if the accord V6 has irridium plugs or standard copper ones?
I'm reasonably sure the Accord uses iridiums too. I will double check then whether they were replaced, I've kept all the service bills with me
Old 1st December 2011, 21:26   #527
Team-BHP Support

Hondas follow up calls are the funniest. Today I got a call from some lady "Sir your car is due for a service, when can I fix an appointment." I replied saying "My car was there last week.".
Her reply takes the cake - "Wait sir, let me check."

After I tell her when my car has been there she wants to double check. And then according to her no service was done.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 14:01   #528
Team-BHP Support

The cold air nowadays makes such a huge difference on the car. The engine feels so much more comfortable, and man the way it accelerates in the nights nowadays. It will leave the Bimmer for dust. First gear there is no traction and 2nd gears from 70-115kmph is over before you know it. The intake is sounding brilliant too and is very loud. Infact if I' revving it and there are people crossing the road ahead they just run for their lives like some supercar is hurting towards them.

The Advans seem to be holding up pretty well and have enough of tread left for another 10k kms at least which is not bad considering its been through about 13k kms of hard driving.

There are only 2 things irritating me with this car, and that is the brake squeal thanks to the brake liner. And its pulling to the left. Need to get both of these sorted asap.

Otherwise its a brilliant night time car. The HIDs light up the road well, the music system sounds amazing, the Konis are doing a superb job once the speed picks up, and the K&N changes the car from a refined V6 Dr.Jekyll to a bloody loud Mr.Hyde.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 14:24   #529
Team-BHP Support

Good to see the car doing well, Akshay.

Do you think the brake-squealing has something to do with the brake-pads? They aren't stock, are they? Performance brake-pads generally squeal under braking. Nothing to worry about, I'm told.

Does the car pull to the left under braking, or does it just pull to the left while driving? If it's the latter, it probably has something to do with faulty camber settings, or the wheel-alignment could be off?

Have you de-badged the car yet?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th January 2012 at 14:25.
Old 20th January 2012, 11:22   #530
BHPian

Guys,
The owner of the v6 has told his final price as 5,00,000, want to make the final decision, some questions, please help:
Is the 2005 July model 4 speed or 5 speed?
Honda guys have told that brake disks and pads have to b changed, price 23k front, can skimming be done?
What is the realistic mileage I can expect in the city and highway?
Old 20th January 2012, 16:13   #531
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Guys,
The owner of the v6 has told his final price as 5,00,000, want to make the final decision, some questions, please help:
Is the 2005 July model 4 speed or 5 speed?
Honda guys have told that brake disks and pads have to b changed, price 23k front, can skimming be done?
What is the realistic mileage I can expect in the city and highway?
It will be a 5 speed except that its an older version of the gearbox.

Just do what Honda recommends unless you are planning on disposing of the car soon. Check the local car market, you may get spares for cheaper.

Expect 5 in the city, on the highway 10 odd is possible.

My suggestion is still to go for the 07 model.
Old 20th January 2012, 23:35   #532
BHPian

Thanks Akshay, the only reason I am buying this car as its a known car.
What's a cost effective solution to play music from a Aux/iPod, currently don't have the budget to go for a high end system.
Can I get the car serviced every 10k kms if I use synthetic oil?
Old 21st January 2012, 00:28   #533
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Akshay, the only reason I am buying this car as its a known car.
What's a cost effective solution to play music from a Aux/iPod, currently don't have the budget to go for a high end system.
Can I get the car serviced every 10k kms if I use synthetic oil?
You need this
USA SPEC: PA15-HON2

Service it once a year forget about the kms. Use synthetic the engine becomes really, really silent.

Try and get Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 oil. Buy the OWS engine flush and OWS 360 online and use those 2 products. Also get throttle body cleaning and injector cleaning done once you buy the car. After doing all this take the car for a nice spirited drive aka an italian tune up
Old 21st January 2012, 08:13   #534
BHPian

Akshay, do I have to get it from the US? How much does it cost?
Old 23rd January 2012, 21:35   #535
Team-BHP Support

Way too many accidents happening nowadays. Yesterday I saw a Maserati get rear ended. Today was my turn. lol.

A stupid 3 wheeler goods carrier managed to scrape the front left fender while turning out blindly. Didn't even realise it scraped till later, I thought I just missed.

Anyway now would be a good opportunity to fix all the other little dents the car has. So probably giving it in to Honda to fix it up, I hope they colour match properly.
Old 31st January 2012, 14:43   #536
BHPian

Guys,

Thanks for all the support, bought the car yesterday, its an amazing feeling to upgrade from a city vtec.
I have some questions which I seek help on:
Can I change from D to D3 or 2 or 1 or viceversa on the run, that is can I Max 1 and shift to 2 and then to d3?
Will it spoil the gearbox?
First time I am driving an auto box so getting use to.
Thanks
Chetan
Old 31st January 2012, 17:37   #537
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys,

Thanks for all the support, bought the car yesterday, its an amazing feeling to upgrade from a city vtec.
I have some questions which I seek help on:
Can I change from D to D3 or 2 or 1 or viceversa on the run, that is can I Max 1 and shift to 2 and then to d3?
Will it spoil the gearbox?
First time I am driving an auto box so getting use to.
Thanks
Chetan
Congrats, now please write a thread it will make an interested read.

Yes you can move the gearbox like you mentioned and it will not cause any damage.
Old 1st February 2012, 17:47   #538
Team-BHP Support

The car has gone in for fixing up those dents and scrapes over the past 2 years of owning it. There aren't many but I can't stand a car with any imperfection and try to keep the number of them as low as possible. Then again in Bombay there is only a certain number of accidents you can avoid till an idiot comes and bangs into you.

Also a bit of suspension work, the tie rod ends, tie rod bushings and the stabilizer bar will be changed. A bit early I know but then its a stiffer suspension + low pros + terrible roads. What to do?

Thinking of getting the calipers painted, either red or blue like the new M5. What say guys?

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 1st February 2012 at 17:48.
Old 1st February 2012, 18:05   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The car has gone in for fixing up those dents and scrapes over the past 2 years of owning it. There aren't many but I can't stand a car with any imperfection and try to keep the number of them as low as possible. Then again in Bombay there is only a certain number of accidents you can avoid till an idiot comes and bangs into you.

Also a bit of suspension work, the tie rod ends, tie rod bushings and the stabilizer bar will be changed. A bit early I know but then its a stiffer suspension + low pros + terrible roads. What to do?

Thinking of getting the calipers painted, either red or blue like the new M5. What say guys?
Great.
Get your calipers painted Red and also get Red Honda logos.
Old 1st February 2012, 18:09   #540
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Great.
Get your calipers painted Red and also get Red Honda logos.
No red badges for me. Too ricer . I think I'll get the rear debadged now too, it will look good. I myself am leaning more towards the blue for the calipers.

Most Viewed