Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2005, 13:26   #1
BANNED

GTX being taken away from me ...

guys, Have been a member on this forum since I bought the palio GTX mid last year with 30K on the odo and in excellent condition. Since then the car has done another 30K and with out it taking me to the dreaded dealers too much. Guess me very lucky !!!

Anyways, now I have another month before it gets taken away from me though I dont wanna part with it but I have no option as Khaadu Sr ( Dad ) has set his eyes on it and wants it for himself. So now you know why I say snatched , I cant refuse though I gave all kinds of excuses but to no avail .

The 30K on the odo has seen the car travel from the smooth highways around delhi to the treacherous roads in the interiors of Himachal . The only trouble I had was when the wiring short cirsuited and the entire thing had to be changed for a dent of 11K to my pocket.

Driving this has been a pleasure though at times in traffic it can get frustrating as it takes all of your effort to keep the foot in check and crawl along with the rest of the machines around u. On the highways its just a thrill as its effortless ... other cars now seem to take so much more effort to drive -- !! Once in the hills it just transforms into something else totally . its really tough to try and explain the feeling that one gets driving on the winding roads leading up to Shimla . Red lining it on that road is so much fun and seeing the faces of drivers who try keeping up with me is just another thrill in itself . The exhaust from Automech made all this much more fun as the growl of the engine echoing in the hills was an added turn on . The car holds really well around these bends and not once do you feel that you not in control though the braking leaves something to think about .. had a few narrow escapes with stupid drivers overtaking on turns and me having to slam stop.

In the dirt the stiff suspension holds well though the thudding of the rear suspension can get irritating after a while. Overall the ride is smooth though ... doesnt lat you feel the actual speed you travelling at . Havnt gotten a chance to use it in the Autocross to test it in race conditions but I'm sure it wud give the Balenos a very solid run for their money.

I can go on and on praising this car .. from the driving height, the feel of the steering, the solid build quality but all that is definitely known to all !! On the negative part .. I cant think of much .. except that there are enuff mods for this ..

After all the abuse that I have put her through , she wants me to get her suspension checked and probably the bushes need to be replaced, the clutch I guess would need to be replaced and the leather steering wheel is kinda coming off so that needs to be sorted out .

Overall I will miss her ... but then once in a while Dad might be kind enuff to let me take her for a spin though I know it wont be much as he never shares his machines with me. All I can hope for is that he donates enuff money to my car fund so that I can go out and get a second hand Baleno and the mods that it will undergo ..fingers crossed !!!

Just another month to go .... I'm literally sleeping in the car -- hating the day when i hand over the keys and its time to say GOOD BYE !!

cheers
Old 2nd September 2005, 13:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Oh man!

You have a Zen too right? Give it to your Dad. Extol the virtues of the car. Try every trick in the book. Come on! Don't give up so easily.
Old 2nd September 2005, 13:37   #3
BANNED

hey, I offered him the zen -- he outright refused as he is a tall man and the zen is too cramped a position for us. Plus the zen with 4 ppl in it can get stuck if one has to stop start on a steep incline !! You almost have to half clutch the car and dad in his younger days was a power freak so he luvs cars that move - I offered to buy him a new swift but all he said is its either my GTX or nothing at all . Wat cud I say ??

cheers

P.S -- Regret the day I asked him to push the GTX .. i was trying to impress him but not knowing how impressed he wud be !!!
Old 2nd September 2005, 13:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Khaadu,
Think twice before posting against your dad. I have a gut feeling that he too has joined in Team-BHP. If that is the case....Forget your GTX.

lessons:
- there are many seniors who are real petrol heads, you will never know.
- never ask anyone to "push" your GTX or RD350.
- your dad is a smart guy.
Old 2nd September 2005, 14:09   #5
BANNED

lol, luckily ( unluckily ) we still dont have very good access to the net back home or else i'm sure he wud be a member here too !!! You shud sit with him when he drives in snow -- its just unbelievable -- even the omni is handled like a WRC vehicle .. lots of stuff gets into my mouth !!

cheers
Old 2nd September 2005, 14:47   #6
BHPian

yeah man, tough luck! your dad seems too smart for you, so the gtx vs the zen is a no contest.

here are the options:

beg him to think about status and the new car feel etc - and tell him to go buy a swift!

if that doesn't work, start scamming his bank account and buy yourself a spanking new GTX as soon as possible
Old 2nd September 2005, 14:50   #7
BANNED

Hey, I did think of getting another GTX but then that doesnt make sense so decided to look out for a gud used Baleno -- plus hes agreed to pay for the mods of the baleno so I guess the best thing for me to do is look forward to the Baleno -- Psycho, u listening ???

cheers
Old 2nd September 2005, 15:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Psycho, u listening ???
Listening with my ears wide open... get the car and you already got the list... as for the Zen Arush should call you this evening ...
Old 2nd September 2005, 15:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
look out for a gud used Baleno
Learn from experience and be careful with the Baleno .. better not give your dad another open invi to push the Baleno )
Old 2nd September 2005, 15:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

Good one Shuvo. Was going to say the same thing myself. LOL
Old 2nd September 2005, 15:47   #11
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
as for the Zen Arush should call you this evening ...
whats all this about guys,would u mind telling us!!!
Old 2nd September 2005, 15:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
whats all this about guys,would u mind telling us!!!
Mods to the car.....
Old 2nd September 2005, 16:13   #13
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Mods to the car.....
i meant pls elaborate!!!planning to do something on my zen too,so was just curious to know what exactly are these mods..
Old 2nd September 2005, 17:04   #14
BANNED

guys, nothing TOP SECRET to it !! Just wanted to secretly install a free flow on my wife's zen !!! Just trying to spice it up a bit ... else after a while I lose interest in driving that ...

cheers
Old 3rd September 2005, 00:08   #15
Senior - BHPian

Ahh i catch you guys here, khaadu has your number changed or something? It said out of service when i called you earlier this evening. Have some interesting mods lined up for your zen gimme a buzz.

Most Viewed