Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:24   #166
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post

I did not have any complaints until now.

My query is can I get my Cruze serviced every 15000KMS instead of doing every 5000kms. ? I own a Linea where the service interval is also every 15000kms. Even for VW Jetta it is the same. I anyways clock 15000KMS in about 7 months. Where as the manual says 15000kms/1.5 years.
I can tell you this though I do not own a Cruze. The service intervals, like you mentioned are for inspection only @ 5k kms and ideally, if you do not have any issues, you can fore go them. But this may affect warranty as there is a service coupon for that inspection in the service manual. What I have done so far for my Scorp is, going to them for the inspection, getting it washed and getting the coupon stamped if there are no issues.

So apart from your warranty part, you can opt out of this inspection if you feel, rather know that nothing is wrong with the car.

Now, a question from my side, since yours I guess is the oldest Cruze on TBHP.

How many people have you carried over bad roads/no roads if any and have you faced any GC issues so far? City, highway, and rural??
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:53   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I can tell you this though I do not own a Cruze. The service intervals, like you mentioned are for inspection only @ 5k kms and ideally, if you do not have any issues, you can fore go them. But this may affect warranty as there is a service coupon for that inspection in the service manual. What I have done so far for my Scorp is, going to them for the inspection, getting it washed and getting the coupon stamped if there are no issues.

So apart from your warranty part, you can opt out of this inspection if you feel, rather know that nothing is wrong with the car.

Now, a question from my side, since yours I guess is the oldest Cruze on TBHP.

How many people have you carried over bad roads/no roads if any and have you faced any GC issues so far? City, highway, and rural??
Thank you for your response. I think you are right, the warranty might get affected if the service interval is not followed and just in case there is a major problem in the car, and which has to be replaced under warranty then the dealer might raise an issue.

You are right about the coupons also, that is a good idea to get the coupons stamped just get the car washed. But It will take some convincing as the dealers are eager to make fast money in the service.

As for your query, in stock tires and alloys the GC is good on bad roads. I have not had the opporrtunity to carry 5 people over bad roads as such yet. With 2 people and some luggague there is not a problem. Over humps also the Gc is good.

As far as my Cruze I have changed the stock tires and alloys to 17" low profile, this has affected the GC and the bottom scrapes over big humps.
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:12   #168
BANNED

Yeah, I read that. Hope to see your Cruze back in OE size tires soon.
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:25   #169
BHPian

i would rather advice that since its an expensive car and reliability is still unknown so you rather stick to company's service policies. It would be better if you fix up a prior inspection appointment so that when you go to the service station your car gets free within 2-3 hrs (should'nt take more time then that for an inspection) and you are good to go after that. For proper service abide by the usual service procedures. Follow this at least for 2 yrs. You never know we might later on discover some parts installed in Cruze (Its an international car afterall) which were not meant for Indian conditions. So better be safe then sorry :-)
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:49   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
i would rather advice that since its an expensive car and reliability is still unknown so you rather stick to company's service policies. It would be better if you fix up a prior inspection appointment so that when you go to the service station your car gets free within 2-3 hrs (should'nt take more time then that for an inspection) and you are good to go after that. For proper service abide by the usual service procedures. Follow this at least for 2 yrs. You never know we might later on discover some parts installed in Cruze (Its an international car afterall) which were not meant for Indian conditions. So better be safe then sorry :-)
Yeah next service will be in couple of months for 20K. Ill speak to the service guys and get a way out. Will keep your suggestion in mnd.
Old 22nd June 2010, 19:23   #171
BHPian

Thanks Sameer, Iam actually planning to buy one in a couple of months.

Black - what ya say?
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:07   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Drive View Post

Black - what ya say?
No second thoughts on that...
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:03   #173
BHPian

Quote:
I just completed the 3rd service/15000km. The Engine Oil has to be replaced. Service advicer said GM recommends synthetic oil for the Cruze and it needs to be replaced every 15000kms. Cost Rs.5000/- for 6.2 litres.

I did not have any complaints until now.

In the owners manual service interval is every 5000kms where only inspection is adviced. At 15000kms replacement of Engine Oil and Filters is adviced.

My query is can I get my Cruze serviced every 15000KMS instead of doing every 5000kms. ? I own a Linea where the service interval is also every 15000kms. Even for VW Jetta it is the same. I anyways clock 15000KMS in about 7 months. Where as the manual says 15000kms/1.5 years.

If I do service for 15000KMS instead of 5000KMS will I face any problem with the Cruze.?

Need advice.
I just got my Cruze serviced at 15000kms and the engine oil replaced, the cost of the oil is Rs. 550/ltr and a few other things replaced like the filters, etc.
Earlier when I had asked the service people here they had informed that the Cruze needed to be serviced at every 15000kms but after clocking around 6 to 7ks got a call from them saying that the service interval is indeed 5k kms.
Its a new car, I guess, and they do not wanna take any chances. Better safe than sorry. I wasn't charged a dime for the 5k kms and the 10k kms check ups only for the 15k servicing.
Have you changed anything in your Cruze, I found the headlights utterly useless and had them upgraded to Xenons and am satisfied. Also had the ICE upgraded.
BTW my car has had two notable issues so far, the steering wheel was chipping leather and got it replaced (cost Rs 27k approx) and the entire Air-conditioning System went kaput (Cost Rs 60k approx). Both the changes were under warranty. Any problems you facing with your car?

Last edited by bashani : 23rd June 2010 at 18:16.
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:06   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Drive View Post

Black - what ya say?
I am also on the same path. But, my color will be white
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:19   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashani View Post
I just got my Cruze serviced at 15000kms and the engine oil replaced, the cost of the oil is Rs. 550/ltr and a few other things replaced like the filters, etc.
Earlier when I had asked the service people here they had informed that the Cruze needed to be serviced at every 15000kms but after clocking around 6 to 7ks got a call from them saying that the service interval is indeed 5k kms.
Its a new car, I guess, and they do not wanna take any chances. Better safe than sorry. I wasn't charged a dime for the 5k kms and the 10k kms check ups only for the 15k servicing.
Have you changed anything in your Cruze, I found the headlights utterly useless and had them upgraded to Xenons and am satisfied. Also had the ICE upgraded.
BTW my car has had to failures so far, the steering wheel was chipping leather and got it replaced (cost Rs 27k approx) and the entire Air-conditioning System went kaput (Cost Rs 60k approx). Both the changes were under warranty. Any problems you facing with your car?
For me also nothing was charged for 5K and 10K service. For 15K service they charged for the oil and filters + paid service which costed Rs. 5300/-

The service advicer informed that in the next service of 20K I will have to get the brake pads replaced(front) costing Rs. 7500/- He said these does not come under warranty. I feel this is way too expensive as for linea the brake pads costs Rs. 2500/-. Coming form Skoda I thought parts will be cheap in Chevy, but I got shock of my life when I heard the brake pad rates. Itseems the rear brake pads cost Rs.8500/- and will need to be replaced at 40K. He also informed that Clutch does not fall under the warranty scope, and rubber brake pads linings and consumables. Only Engine spare parts suspension and things are covered under the warranty.

I am a bit anxious now wondering how much will be the cost of ownership of the Cruze as I would run about 30K inside 1 year of purchasing the car.

I have not faced any problem so far. Masha Allah.
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:22   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I am also on the same path. But, my color will be white
White was my original choice, but had to opt for black due to reasons which are well documented in my ownership report.

White is a nice color in Cruze. Go for it.
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:34   #177
Senior - BHPian

20K is waay to early for a brake pad change.

Most new cars have some kind of pad wear indicator (mechanical or electronic)
Old 24th June 2010, 09:59   #178
BANNED

You could visually inspect the brake pads as well and check the condition and the amount of lining left in them. Since,I reckon, you drive faster than most people, they could be worn out to some extent, but not to the level of replacement unless you have really smoked tires, done donuts and stuff like that. Check them to your satisfaction before you agree to what the service advisor says.
Old 24th June 2010, 10:04   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
20K is waay to early for a brake pad change.

Most new cars have some kind of pad wear indicator (mechanical or electronic)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
You could visually inspect the brake pads as well and check the condition and the amount of lining left in them. Since,I reckon, you drive faster than most people, they could be worn out to some extent, but not to the level of replacement unless you have really smoked tires, done donuts and stuff like that. Check them to your satisfaction before you agree to what the service advisor says.
Yes guys I feel its too early to replace at 20K. But rightly pointed out by devdath I do a lot of fast highway driving and braking is very often. And sometimes harsh too. Maybe that's the reason for early change.

As yet no sound comes out when braking is done. I use to get a sound in Skoda when the brake pads had worn out.
Old 24th June 2010, 12:37   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes guys I feel its too early to replace at 20K. But rightly pointed out by devdath I do a lot of fast highway driving and braking is very often. And sometimes harsh too. Maybe that's the reason for early change.

As yet no sound comes out when braking is done. I use to get a sound in Skoda when the brake pads had worn out.
I suspect Chevy guys are taking you for a ride. If you know any good athorized center outside. Let those guys take a look ( just inspect) since most brake pads and fitments are almost the same.

I am sure you will get a different opinion. I think it should last for another 10K kms atleast.

I too drive fast and changed my first set of brake pads at 35K kms in my pete'd accent viva and there is "a" noise to indicate your pads are coming to an end of their life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks