Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 17:46   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Okay, Sameer, I went through the entire thread and its great to know that you're more than satisfied with your Rocket. The break pads though are super expensive!

Now my question. I am debating between the Cruze LTZ AT and the Honda Civic 1.8 AT. Car will be for my wife. I am not concerned about one being petrol and the other being diesel. Based on your overall experience and if given a chance today, would you still go out and buy the Cruze? Had you tested the Civic before putting your money on the Cruze? I am a bit concerned about the overall build quality of the interiors of the Cruze.

About the Aux in on the Cruze. Can you please post a picture of the connectors there?

There are 2 whites in the Cruze. What does GM call the white that is pearlish?

I am sitting pretty with my money in my pocket but it seems that GM does not want to sell a car to me. I contacted them on Saturday and the only response I have got from them was a phone call from Gurgaon to confirm whether I was indeed interested in the vehicle. Nothing after that! The Honda dealership (though from another city) has already set a date for the test drive and I already have their quotation. If the GM dealership does not show any interest in the next 2 days, I will simply go ahead and put my money on the Civic once I do the test drive. Pity though! I really wanted to compare the Cruze with the Civic before deciding, but I cannot force GM or its dealership to sell me a car!
I did not consider the Civic at all before buying the Cruze. I am not a fan of Petrol Heads and Japanese Vehicles. And I feel Civic is due for a change in Model.

If its for your wife I suggest go for the Civic. She does not need all that power of the Cruze.

Interiors of the Civic quality wise will be better than the Cruze, but AFAIK I like the twin cockpit like interior of the Cruze.

Yes I would still buy the Cruze hands down today for me.

There is the Photo of the Aux in in this thread pls check out. A regular 3.5MM Jack fits in. USB does not.

Diamond White is the other white being offerred now.

Dealership yes I agree with you GM is very bad compared to a Honda dealer. Simple reason Honda sells more City's than the Cruze. Though GM builts excellent cars they lose out with shoddy dealers.

It can be annoying when the dealer seems to be not very intrested with selling the car. Also keep in mind GM has production constrains with Cruze, they are able to produce only about 700-800 cars a month and they get sold off. If more are produced there will be better supply.

The dealer in Gurgoan might be facing supply issues hence the ignorance.
Old 8th September 2010, 17:58   #212
BHPian

Hey Cruzers,

A query, donno whether this has been answered before..

One of my friend got a Chevy Cruze (LTZ) and it is hardly 1 month old, and the ORVM cover is missing now, he doubts whether some one has removed when it was parked, coz according to his knowledge he has not met with any accident of any sort, and there is no damage to the mirror except the cover missing.

When asked with the dealership they say that the ORVM comes only as an assembly and the cost is Rs.9000 for one assembly

Has anyone faced similar situation? Can we get the cover alone somewhere? Since the car is Black, it does not look totally odd, but still he does not want to leave it as such.

Your suggestions pls..

Regards,
Rajan.
Old 9th September 2010, 19:48   #213

Hi Sameer,

I got the delivery of my new Cruze LTZ on Aug 30th and I have just clocked about 500 Kms. Please help me with a few queries, I believe you would be the right person to answer it.

I know some of them sound very silly but for the peace of my mind I am asking them any way !!

1. What is the optimum tyre pressure that I should maintain for a comfy ride ? (Have you tried and tested different tyre pressures) The recommended pressure by GM for a comfortable ride is 32ps but, after a 20 to 30 KM drive the tyres and alloys are getting very very hot. So from your experience what would you recommend?
2. At times a black powdery substance comes out of the exhaust !! When enquired about it the service center guy said it is normal and will happen occasionally. Is this same with your vehicle?
3. You mentioned that on the 3rd day you took the car on a free way at 140-160 kms, is it ok to do that during the initial period? will it affect the mileage or the engine in any way? Because I also did the same and now, my mileage is not climbing above 9.8 KM/L and the engine noise is quite audible inside!
4. I am getting a slight jerking feed back on the steering wheels, above 100 Kms even on a straight plain road! Is this normal or some thing wrong with the vehicle?

Thanks .

** Sorry for the broken post, I am not able to edit it !
Old 9th September 2010, 22:14   #214
BHPian

I have another question for all Cruze LTZ and LTZ AT owners. Is the spare tyre of this variant also an alloy? The car I drove today did have the spare as an alloy but since this was the dealership's MD's car, I am not too sure. The sales representative said since that vehicle was stock, the 5th alloy should be standard. I want to be absolutely sure though.
Old 9th September 2010, 22:37   #215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have another question for all Cruze LTZ and LTZ AT owners. Is the spare tyre of this variant also an alloy? The car I drove today did have the spare as an alloy but since this was the dealership's MD's car, I am not too sure. The sales representative said since that vehicle was stock, the 5th alloy should be standard. I want to be absolutely sure though.
Im reasonably sure I remember hearing that the spare is an alloy too.
Old 9th September 2010, 22:43   #216
BHPian

Thanks Akshay.

The more I am reading about this vehicle, the more I am desperate to get it. I hope that I don't take this decision in haste.

On the other hand, does anyone know what is the procedure to get a dealership to refund the booking amount? I had booked the i20 Automatic after paying a booking amount of Rs. 5000/-. The AT does not sell in this part of the country and as such, this was ordered specifically for me. Now that I am planning to get the Cruze instead, will the dealership refund my booking amount? Or do I have to write it off?
Old 10th September 2010, 10:35   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Spare tyre comes with Alloys.

Quote:
The more I am reading about this vehicle, the more I am desperate to get it. I hope that I don't take this decision in haste.
In my case, between the thought of buying a new car to it arriving at my doorstep. 3 weeks flat. And, i am not regretting.
Old 15th September 2010, 05:38   #218
BHPian

spare tyre

All cruze owners pls clarify this, as per my info the spare tyre is an alloy however it is R15 whilst all the stock tyres on cruz are R16.
dunno how but chevy is selling R15 as spare.
Cruze owners can you pls clarify?
Old 15th September 2010, 10:25   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzapzoom View Post
All cruze owners pls clarify this, as per my info the spare tyre is an alloy however it is R15 whilst all the stock tyres on cruz are R16.
If this is infact correct, this is stupid on the part of GM. However, I don't think this will be case.
Old 15th September 2010, 11:25   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzapzoom View Post
Quote:
If this is infact correct, this is stupid on the part of GM. However, I don't think this will be case.
Surprised that such a query has come in first place as the thought itself sounds ludicrous to me. I am curious to know if any manafacturer has implemented this in their product?

Having changed all my 5 stock tyres to CPC2 in my Cruze, i confirm even the spare wheel is 16"
Old 15th September 2010, 13:55   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselrocket View Post
Hi Sameer,

I got the delivery of my new Cruze LTZ on Aug 30th and I have just clocked about 500 Kms. Please help me with a few queries, I believe you would be the right person to answer it.

I know some of them sound very silly but for the peace of my mind I am asking them any way !!

1. What is the optimum tyre pressure that I should maintain for a comfy ride ? (Have you tried and tested different tyre pressures) The recommended pressure by GM for a comfortable ride is 32ps but, after a 20 to 30 KM drive the tyres and alloys are getting very very hot. So from your experience what would you recommend?
2. At times a black powdery substance comes out of the exhaust !! When enquired about it the service center guy said it is normal and will happen occasionally. Is this same with your vehicle?
3. You mentioned that on the 3rd day you took the car on a free way at 140-160 kms, is it ok to do that during the initial period? will it affect the mileage or the engine in any way? Because I also did the same and now, my mileage is not climbing above 9.8 KM/L and the engine noise is quite audible inside!
4. I am getting a slight jerking feed back on the steering wheels, above 100 Kms even on a straight plain road! Is this normal or some thing wrong with the vehicle?

Thanks .

** Sorry for the broken post, I am not able to edit it !
1. The recommended tyre pressure for stock JK tires is 32 psi for optimal driving and comfort. However next time run them on 30 psi and see how the tires behave.
2. This is normal. Its a soot.
3. I suggest for first 1000 kms dont exceed the rpms above 2.5K. Beyond that do not exceed the rpms above 3.5K rpms too much till you complete 5000 kms. After 5K kms redline at your will :-D
4. What exactly do you mean by jerky feedback?? Do you feels jerks in the car or only in the steering wheel. If the jerks are felt inside the car then it is because of rush of torque. Otherwise get the wheel alignment and balancing done and also make sure you maintain the recommended tyre pressure in all the tires.
Old 16th September 2010, 12:18   #222
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Surprised that such a query has come in first place as the thought itself sounds ludicrous to me.
Common, mostly with the European manufacturers. Example : The VW Vento. While the 4 regular wheels are R15, the spare wheel is an R14. Of course, with a taller side profile, the overall rolling diameter is about the same.
Old 16th September 2010, 12:25   #223
BHPian

+ 1 it is possible and quite happening.

Here is the thread on the same lines: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ve-review.html
Old 16th September 2010, 12:54   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Common, mostly with the European manufacturers. Example : The VW Vento. While the 4 regular wheels are R15, the spare wheel is an R14. Of course, with a taller side profile, the overall rolling diameter is about the same.
Hmmm, this is news to me. Apart from the Vento, which other products currently in our market come with a different size spare wheel?

If you ask me, if i like the product and come to know of this irregularity, i would drop that vehicle from my consideration.

GTO, what's the reason for manafacturers to come up with a different size spare instead of sticking to the regular size? What's the idea behind it?
Old 28th October 2010, 15:12   #225
BHPian

@ GTO :- thanks for confirming.
@mobike :- my mistake, it was not cruz but it's chevrolet Captiva that has this typical case of spare tyre being sold one size lower then other 4 tyres supplied.
captiva owners may clarify.
regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks