Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2012, 14:07   #361
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ - Ownership Report EDIT: SOLD after 115000 km!

Last friday just before driving down to Bangalore for the weekend, the ABS indication illuminated while driving. I switched off the Cruze and switched on the indication went off. I also felt the braking a bit hard on a rough surface. As I was about drive out I thought its best to get it checked with the service centre.

Took the car to Sundaram Motors, the service advisor said there might be an issue with the sensors hence the ABS indication had got activated. They took the car and did a thorough check up physically on the ramp and as well as on the system, of the brakes and the sensors. Finally the service advisor said the sensor had malfunctioned and needs to be replaced. After about an hour it was replaced. The cost was Rs. 1760/- but I was not charged as the sensors are covered under manufacturers warranty.

Left for Bangalore and the braking was fine on the highway.

I was returning to Chennai last tuesday and another incident took place. My staff was loading the bags in the boot. By mistake the staff shut the boot leaving the key fob inside! Now the doors were also locked and the spare key fob was in my office back home in Chennai. I immediatly called up Sundaram motors in Bangalore. But they informed that they do not handle the Chevrolet dealership any more. Suggested Trident or Kropex. Called both the dealerships they directed to their 24 Hour Helpline and Breakdown service. Kropex guys said it will take 2 hours to reach my apartment in Benson Town and they can open the door lock. Trident helpline said 1 hour and quoted a bit less than Kropex for the breakdown service charge. I asked them to come over.

The Trident helpline service guy came equipped with a rod to open the lock on the driver side. He removed the beeding inserted the rod and opened the door in a minute! But once the door was open the horn started blaring as its connected with the anti-theft PEPS system. The service guy said it will stop after 10secs. Now I had to open the boot as the key fob had fallen on the gap where the boot lid closes. The lock/unlock button which is on the dash did not work. To open the boot from inside the car there is no provison. It can be opened by pressing the button in the Key fob or from outside.

But there is an emergency exit chain inside the boot which opens the boot lid when pulled.Accessed the boot after folding the back seats and had to remove all the bags and opened the boot lid by pulling the chain. While buying the car I felt this was useless as I thought whats the point of having an emergency exit chain right inside the boot. This is a requirement for cars specd for US market. Now this emergency exit came handy for me this time when I had to open the boot lid from inside the car! If that was not there then I would have had to call for the spare key fob from Chennai and open the boot. Would have wasted a day and also I would have been stranded.

Moral of the story: Nothing is actually useless in the Cruze
sameer sultan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 18:21   #362

There is a strange response that I got from general Motors today. I wanted to have the service history of my Cruze and wrote an email to gmi.cac@gm.com requesting same. I have been the single owner of my car. I was totally surprised to hear their reply in which they claimed that it is their private document and cannot be shared. My car's service history is a private document of General Motors..!!! Somehow this do not make sense to me. So thought about checking with you veterans out there...
Old 15th October 2016, 19:54   #363
BHPian

Hii Sameer,

Its been a long time since you updated your thread. How is your cruze doing?
Old 13th June 2019, 10:57   #364
BHPian

Same question as above ^^

What is the update on your Cruz, Sameer? How is servicing post Chevy's exit? Has maintenance, servicing, parts cost etc. become costlier?
Old 19th June 2019, 12:37   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Same question as above ^^

What is the update on your Cruz, Sameer? How is servicing post Chevy's exit? Has maintenance, servicing, parts cost etc. become costlier?
Hi

I sold my Cruze last December after 9 years of ownership.It had clocked around 115000kms on the Odo.

I had a hassle free ownership unlike my earlier car Skoda Octavia which I had owned for 7 years with a lot of issues.

The Cruze was very light on the pocket to maintain. Apart from the regular services the only time I had to take it to the workshop was for Clutch Assembly replacement.

Then I had 2 accidents during the 9 year tenure when the car was at the workshop for almost 4 months to get both the accidental damages repaired. I had got it done at authorised Chevy workshops. Yes it was expensive but I cannot blame the car as the accidents were inadvertent. On one occasion the Cruze was rear ended very badly and on the second incident my Cruze got flooded in rain waters.

I really miss the car it was a rocket with its powerful engine, amazing comfort to drive and hassle free maintenance.

FYI there is an authorised service station for the Chevy vehicles in Mount Road next to Sundaram Motors.
sameer sultan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks