Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2010, 16:14   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Pardon me for the ignorance, but what is this?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...s-dsc00231.jpg

Thanks for the interior pics, Sameer. They look ravishing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
That is the sensor for keyless entry/exit.

I'm sure that is the theft detterent LED blinker but i'm not sure if it is the keyless sensor.
Even the Beat has it, see this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1697716-post319.html
Old 31st January 2010, 16:21   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
I'm sure that is the theft detterent LED blinker but i'm not sure if it is the keyless sensor.
Even the Beat has it, see this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1697716-post319.html
Yes you are right. I thought it is the keyless entry/exit sensor just because it keeps blinking after the doors are locked.
Old 31st January 2010, 17:00   #108
BHPian

Hi Sameer,
Excellent detailed review & many congrats on your machine. Even I had booked the manual version the LTZ white colour on the 31st of October. After reading your story on the dealership & GM, even I would like to share my experience & perhaps you can help me out in some way or the other.

I had booked the Manual LTZ variant (white colour) on the 31st of October through Ashtavinayak motors Mumbai. The expected delivery time was 5 weeks. Meanwhile the Loan was passed on time & everything was going as it should be. On the 5th of December I called up the dealership to find out about the status of the delivery, where in they informed that it has not yet been billed & will happen by max to max on the 10th of December, so assuming this is normal I agreed to wait till the 10th for the billing to happen. On the 10th when I was not given any assured response that time I spoke to the top management of the dealer. The manager rest assured me that the vehicle will be delivered by not late then the 17th of December & gave me the reason that GM is not producing enough of white colour cruze as the demand is.
Quote:
Now I started counting days and every 2 days I used to call the manager(I thought it's better to contact the manger directly instead of the sale man) asking the transit status. He would say that the car is not yet billed at the plant and it would be done in the evening. But that was his reply every other day. I was like going crazy with anger. On November 18 2009 I went to the showroom to know the delivery status. Still the manager kept saying General Motors has not billed the White Cruze to sundaram motors and it will be done any moment. I was really upset to say the least and created a scene before leaving the showroom.
This was the exact same thing even I started doing after there was no response from the Dealership. To worsen up the situation, a few days later the Manager of the dealership stopped responding to my calls & after leaving a few messages he would often reply that he is in a meeting.

Not to my surprise the vehicle was not delivered on the 17th, to which I launched a complaint to GM against the dealership & also I demanded to speak to someone from GM's end. I was given the number of a GM sales head of the western region ,& after having a word he said he will look in to the matter & get back to me. This time to my surprise the Manager of the dealership called me back & gave me the news that the car will be billed on the 25th of December, but GM & the dealership lived to their false promises of not billing / not picking calls & total uncertainty of when the car will be delivered.

On the 30th of December while going through Team-Bhps forum, I learnt that the automatic transmission is on its way & will be launched after the Delhi expo, so I immediately decided to cancel the manual & change it to Auto. I spoke to the Manager of the dealership & after exchanging mails, I changed the car from the Manual to the Auto, to which the Dealer confirmed that the booking will start on the 12th of Jan.

On the 12th of Jan, I called up Ashtavinayak to find out the current status & like usual they were uncertain about the car. Between 12th Jan & 18th Jan I called the manager at least 20 times for which he didn't answer any of my calls. On the 18th I visited the showroom & to the managers good luck he was out on a training program, but anyways I gave a piece of my mind to the asst.manager. He promised that the car will be delivered by the end of the month & he will let me know the exact detail on the 25th of Jan.

Nothing happened on the 25, so I gave a piece of my mind to the Asst.Manager that he will never forget. to which he promised to get the car billed on the 1st of Feb.

I am really upset about the whole experience I had to go through & after having invested so much time & money I don't know whether to cancel the booking & go to any other dealer or just go an book any other car.

Quote:
I got an idea on November 20 2009, I found the number of Halol Plant from GM website and asked my brother(he is good in PR) to speak to someone there to find out about the production status. Bro spoke to someone there and they directed him to the General Motors General Manager Sales and Marketing South India. He spoke to him and the news we got was shattering.
Perhaps this could work for me as well. If you can help me out with the numbers on GM's end, will be really grateful.
Old 31st January 2010, 18:29   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Khoj glad you liked my thread and thanks for the compliments.

As for your query I have driven both Octavia 1.9 tdi and Jetta 1.9 DSG with 5 adults on board and luggage full in the boot.

I have heard the tiptronic AT in the Cruze is well refined too.
Sameer,

Thanks for your reply.
I have driven the Cruze AT and it is best driven in the AT mode as in the triptronic mode your observations on the power sag hold true.
The Jettas interiors and the safety package however are another story but one that is just about 400,000 clicks too long.
Old 31st January 2010, 19:40   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
Hi Sameer,
Excellent detailed review & many congrats on your machine. Even I had booked the manual version the LTZ white colour on the 31st of October. After reading your story on the dealership & GM, even I would like to share my experience & perhaps you can help me out in some way or the other.

I had booked the Manual LTZ variant (white colour) on the 31st of October through Ashtavinayak motors Mumbai. The expected delivery time was 5 weeks. Meanwhile the Loan was passed on time & everything was going as it should be. On the 5th of December I called up the dealership to find out about the status of the delivery, where in they informed that it has not yet been billed & will happen by max to max on the 10th of December, so assuming this is normal I agreed to wait till the 10th for the billing to happen. On the 10th when I was not given any assured response that time I spoke to the top management of the dealer. The manager rest assured me that the vehicle will be delivered by not late then the 17th of December & gave me the reason that GM is not producing enough of white colour cruze as the demand is.

This was the exact same thing even I started doing after there was no response from the Dealership. To worsen up the situation, a few days later the Manager of the dealership stopped responding to my calls & after leaving a few messages he would often reply that he is in a meeting.

Not to my surprise the vehicle was not delivered on the 17th, to which I launched a complaint to GM against the dealership & also I demanded to speak to someone from GM's end. I was given the number of a GM sales head of the western region ,& after having a word he said he will look in to the matter & get back to me. This time to my surprise the Manager of the dealership called me back & gave me the news that the car will be billed on the 25th of December, but GM & the dealership lived to their false promises of not billing / not picking calls & total uncertainty of when the car will be delivered.

On the 30th of December while going through Team-Bhps forum, I learnt that the automatic transmission is on its way & will be launched after the Delhi expo, so I immediately decided to cancel the manual & change it to Auto. I spoke to the Manager of the dealership & after exchanging mails, I changed the car from the Manual to the Auto, to which the Dealer confirmed that the booking will start on the 12th of Jan.

On the 12th of Jan, I called up Ashtavinayak to find out the current status & like usual they were uncertain about the car. Between 12th Jan & 18th Jan I called the manager at least 20 times for which he didn't answer any of my calls. On the 18th I visited the showroom & to the managers good luck he was out on a training program, but anyways I gave a piece of my mind to the asst.manager. He promised that the car will be delivered by the end of the month & he will let me know the exact detail on the 25th of Jan.

Nothing happened on the 25, so I gave a piece of my mind to the Asst.Manager that he will never forget. to which he promised to get the car billed on the 1st of Feb.

I am really upset about the whole experience I had to go through & after having invested so much time & money I don't know whether to cancel the booking & go to any other dealer or just go an book any other car.

Perhaps this could work for me as well. If you can help me out with the numbers on GM's end, will be really grateful.

Nadim Your posts mirrors mine on the delivery schedule. Really sad story. It is crazy that GM has not planned the launch of the Cruze properly.

Put your foot down and get a date for delivery. Also check out with other dealers in Mumbai if they can deliver early. You might be lucky. Last option if you cant wait anymore is to opt for another color. But white is the ultimate color in the Cruze. I know it will be very difficult to decide.

This is the no. of Halol GM Plant Tel: +91-2676-221000. Hope this is of some help to you.
Old 31st January 2010, 19:54   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post

Hi Nadim,
Any update from Ashtavinayak? I got a call from them yesterday and they told me my car has come to their stockyard in Bhiwandi.
When you say billed on the 1st of Feb, do you mean the dealer will place an order on 1st of feb with GM?
Please pass through the GM's sales number when you get it, might come handy.
I somehow feels National Garage in mahalakshmi has better sales team than Ashtavinayak. The later after receiving the cheque, goes in hibernation and behaves as if they are doing us a favor. But still Ashtavinayak sells more numbers than National Garage. For betterment of others I think we should complain about them to the GM.
They better be delivering the car to me before 14th or the special number I booked with RTO will be void.
Wondering how much time it takes to get a car registered with RTO?
Old 31st January 2010, 22:02   #112
BHPian

@ Sameer: Thanks for the number. Will hold my patience till tomorrow & then will buzz the GM plant. It's extremely difficult to choose any other colour then white, Black is banned at my place as well.

@Divesh: If they say that your car is in Bhiwandi, that means you will be getting the car mostly by this week as it takes 4 days for registration, but I guess you have blocked a special number, in that case max to max 2 days for registration. So call them back & get the exact updated. In these 3 months I feel I have done almost a PhD in understanding GMs whole system.

By Billing means, GM allots the car to the dealer after receiving the complete payment. Then the dealer allots the car to the customers as first come first serve basis, provided the dealer is honest, which is not the case with Ashtavinayak at least.

Did I mention that I have already paid 2 Emi's & the 3rd one is due on Feb 7th.

Even I learnt that National is better then Ashtavinayak & should have booked from those guys. What colour have you booked???

Ganesh: GMs sales head (western region) : 09324905951.

@Divesh: keep me updated as when you get your delivery date.

Last edited by bblost : 31st January 2010 at 22:31. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy pasting from external font editors. Preview before posting, Thanks
Old 31st January 2010, 22:36   #113
BHPian

@ nadim
I have booked black color. My dad was against the color but in the end he agreed with conditions.
Update from Ashtavinayak, the car can be delivered this Sunday 7th Feb. But I will be out of town for the weekend. Guess I will have to wait few more days before I can lay my hands on this beauty.
Old 31st January 2010, 23:35   #114
BHPian

Congrats Divesh, i really hope you get the car on the date they mentioned. Keep us posted.
Old 1st February 2010, 06:40   #115
BHPian

@Nadim - You have paid two emi's and 3rd is due shortly, man that needs lot of patience. I can understand what you will be going thro. Now you do not have an option of going to another dealer also. Follow up on daily basis with the dealer as even if they get a white Cruze billed from GM shortly they might allot it to an influential person who might have booked alongside you. This is common practice with the dealers. It happened to me as when my black was billed and sent to the dealership, a white was also loaded in the same truck and this was allotted to another customer as he had booked 2 white Cruze cars around the same time when I had done my booking. Just because of this he got prefrence over my booking and also I had opted for black on the suggestion of GM general manager sales South India so I could not argue with them.

Insist on meeting the top brass of Ashtavinayak as you have a strong case wherein you have paid 2 EMI's without having your Cruze with you. Just create a scene and get it done. All the best. Btw I got my Cruze 5 days before my 1st EMI was due. I had threatened the Sundaram guys that I will claim the EMI amount from them if I do not get the delivery before my 1st EMI falls due.

@Divesh. Get your Cruze registered ASAP. Then the dealer cannot play up and allot it to any other customer. You can take delivery at your convenience. If the dealer has confirmed the car has reached the yard then it takes just 1 day for PDI and another day for registration as you have already got the number allotted. If you follow up personally with the dealership then you can take delivery by Feb 3rd itself. Don't understand why will it take 7 days for delivery if the car has reached the yard?

Last edited by sameer sultan : 1st February 2010 at 06:52.
Old 1st February 2010, 10:06   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi i found this pic in T-BHP. is this are you referring to or something else. I did not shoot pics of my Cruze's suspension. If you are looking for some more pics do tell me ill click and upload up in few days.
Thanks for the pic. The muffler is obstructing the view a little bit. Maybe next time you go to service and the car is on the lift, you can take a few of the bottom .
Old 1st February 2010, 12:02   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Thanks for the pic. The muffler is obstructing the view a little bit. Maybe next time you go to service and the car is on the lift, you can take a few of the bottom .

Yes I shall click some pix and put up.
Old 1st February 2010, 17:17   #118
BHPian

Beautiful. The Cruze is looking fantastic in black and with your choice of alloys, its added a touch of class to the overall design.

Congratulations mate.
Old 1st February 2010, 17:37   #119
BHPian

@ Sameer

They have tested my patience to the limit & they are still doing so. Just spoke to the dealer, who had promised to bill my car today, but sadly white was still not available, what got billed was Mystic blue which I straightaway refused to accept.

Then I spoke to the GMs Sales head - western region (Sameer), who took my on a conference call with the Plant head - Halol. I was informed that the car won’t be available till the 10th of Feb & chances are that it might be available between 10-15th Feb. They also informed me that there is a new colour in white (Diamond White) that they are launching & they are going to charge a premium for that.

All I can say is I am really frustrated with the whole process, I have created all the possible scene that I could, but at the end of the day, It is GM who cant deliver what they promise.
Old 1st February 2010, 18:49   #120
BHPian

Sadly the scene is not that different even in Kerala. A friend of mine has made the full payment on 15th November for white, and they keep trying stalling tactics with him. The worst part is that they are not even giving him an approximate delivery date. Blue and Red are available - even there the red is only the LT model - but my friend is adamant on white, so the wait continues......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks