Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2010, 23:22   #61
Team-BHP Support

Nice ikonic review FM! Hope you had a fun filled Ooty trip!
Was it the same plan you always stick to (as I remember from your prior TLs)?

i.e. 3AM HYD BLR after noon and start next day!

Nothing like a driver's car! My Fusion is on the sixth year nearing 70K.
Just came back from Chikmagulur last week.
Old 15th September 2010, 23:35   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
i.e. 3AM HYD BLR after noon and start next day!
Thanks Ampere!!
Actual plan was the same but this time couldn't follow it to the "T". Parents were also along, so could start only at 5 in the morning, but this time didn't stopover at Bangalore. Drove straight to Mysore and was there by 5:30 in the evening.
Had a nice trip.
And where is your travelogue ??
Old 15th September 2010, 23:40   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Thanks Ampere!!
Actual plan was the same but this time couldn't follow it to the "T". Parents were also along, so could start only at 5 in the morning, but this time didn't stopover at Bangalore. Drove straight to Mysore and was there by 5:30 in the evening.
Had a nice trip.
And where is your travelogue ??
No separate TL. I just clubbed additional snaps to Ankush's TL.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nabe-list.html

By the way just wanted to know, how did you by-pass Bangalore?
Old 16th September 2010, 00:03   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nothing beats stopping and asking people for direction. I am all for GPS but will not take it as a standalone unit. Planning to get a phone with the GPS.

A phone with GPS is a great idea. Even the Google Maps will help you a lot. And if you go for some paid packages, things get even better. But I would suggest you also get a portable car charger, as GPS drains the batteries of these phones fast. A long ride and your phone will be dead. This has happened many times with my n82.

Also, make sure you get original chargers as the after market ones will eat up your battery. Again, this is my experience. Enjoy your ride bro!.
Old 16th September 2010, 10:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Checked out the log,had seen Ankush's snap, now have seen yours too. Wonderful place. Wish I stayed in Blr too You guys have just too many places to go.

Quote:
By the way just wanted to know, how did you by-pass Bangalore?
Devanahalli- Hebbal-right turn under Hebbal circle to Tumkur-Mysore Road-Jalahalli- then left to NICE road besides Jindal Wellness Institute.
Exit towards Mysore Highway from NICE road. From Hebbal, getting on to NICE road was a major pain. Traffic at Jalahalli was just not moving.
NICE road was good. very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
A phone with GPS is a great idea. Even the Google Maps will help you a lot. And if you go for some paid packages, things get even better. But I would suggest you also get a portable car charger, as GPS drains the batteries of these phones fast. A long ride and your phone will be dead. This has happened many times with my n82.
Yeah, I'll take a phone which can be charged with mini-USB port. As of now, I use MotoRokr E6, which gets charged through the USB cable which I use it with my Sony HU. So as of now have not got any car charger.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 16th September 2010 at 10:03.
Old 16th September 2010, 20:12   #66
Team-BHP Support

Planning a phone with GPS is good but, if you plan to use that for your Car may not be a good idea, as size would be small.
If you want a GPS for a car, you should plan for a Car GPS solution like Garmin. That is the best method.

Thanks for your update on Bangalore by-pass. You see I created a thread by bypassing Bangalore and put all info it.
I just wanted to check if you had any new route.

Here is the thread I was talking about:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...bangalore.html

Last edited by ampere : 16th September 2010 at 20:14.
Old 16th September 2010, 21:02   #67
BHPian

In case one is using iPhone, nothing beats iPhone + MMI combo. iPhone screen size and high resolution is far better compared to those 480x240 resolution offered by most of the standalone gps/navigator devices. iPhone 3g, which I use, has a surprisingly good gcs receiver compared to older Nokia N95 or latest Samsung Wave S8500 which also I have first hand knowlege of. Icing on the cake is Google Maps app on iPhone as well.

MMI/Sygate is avlbl on iphone app store for appx $80 I guess. Have been using it Dec 09 onwards.
Old 10th October 2010, 21:26   #68
Senior - BHPian

Had second puncture yesterday late in the afternoon.
Left side front tyres was puntured. Have not got it mended as of now.
The car was on incline with left side being elevated. Did the mistake of not getting the car on level surface. Therefore had refit the punctured tyre and move the car to level ground and then fit the spare tyre. :(

The odo is now at 13150 kms.
Old 10th October 2010, 21:35   #69
Team-BHP Support

My first puncture was at 70K when on the road I had a flat tyre on the tubeless! Never realized that can happen!

This happened last month after 5.5 years of ownership!
Old 10th October 2010, 22:01   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My first puncture was at 70K when on the road I had a flat tyre on the tubeless! Never realized that can happen!

This happened last month after 5.5 years of ownership!
Ampere you have been damn lucky with the puncture. I have a tube type tyre that has come stock with the car. This time I could change the tyre easily, but the first time was a nightmare on a busy road in night. Had to take the help of a Meru Cab driver then Even called up my sales person ans asked him how to remove the wheel cap, hehe!! can you imagine.
Old 11th October 2010, 07:16   #71
Team-BHP Support

FM, the way I see it:

If you can do few more KM, OK to take the better road. I guess every one does that, but I also know many folks try to squeeze into "throttled hole" just to save themselves from a Signal.

As you said I have been lucky also,. Thats because I get to take the main roads only, from home to office and which are excellent conditions almost all the time.

But yes, if one is destined to get a puncture some day....
Old 25th November 2010, 15:24   #72
Senior - BHPian

Thud sound from Shock absorbers

Hi Guys,
Recently , when I got tyre pressure checked. The person filled 31psi for the front tyres and 30psi for the rear tyres.
Though generally I get 31 for each.
I have been noticing a thud sound from the front right shock absorbers when going over the hump.Though there is a noise from all the side, but looks like it is more from the front right tyres!! Any pointers? Should I get the shocks checked? I am not sure if that is an issue after all or not.

The odo is at 13860 kms as of now.
Old 25th November 2010, 19:03   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ At 13k, you should probably not worry about the shocks. Its also too early for the lower arm bush to wear off, but I guess its worth checking.
Old 9th December 2010, 23:03   #74
Senior - BHPian

re: This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed

The car has crossed 14100km today.
Everything is fine, it drives like a dream, engine has become super smooth now.The only precaution I take is to warm the car for 30 seconds to 1 minute in the morning before slotting in the gear. Have not added system G after August this year(after the trip to Ooty).

The thud sound from the shock is no more there, looked like it was due to the difference in tyre pressure.

A rather embarrassing issue appeared this sunday when was returning after dropping a relative to hitech city. The cabin light suddenly popped out of it's place. I was shocked to see that happen.Pushed it back into the slot but it kept on popping out. Have to get the issue fixed.

Will get the car checked this weekend or next week before we set for another 2K km trip to Ooty for the new year.
Old 10th December 2010, 11:27   #75
BHPian

re: This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed

Quote:
[b]The only precaution I take is to warm the car for 30 seconds to 1 minute in the morning before slotting in the gear.
IMO, that's a very good practice that will help in the long run. I do the same too in winter although not so much in summer. Further, Ford also recommends driving sedately till the engine temperature goes up and this I follow carefully.

Quote:
Have not added system G after August this year(after the trip to Ooty).
Any reason why you stopped it?

Quote:
Will get the car checked this weekend or next week before we set for another 2K km trip to Ooty for the new year.
Via Bangalore? Let me know!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks