Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2011, 20:44   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
This is the price for a single ball joint, is it? That means the ones I had sourced were dirt cheap (at around Rs. 1k for both).
No honeybee, the price I mentioned is for the shocks. Didn't enquire about the ball joints as I have to anyways pay for it. If even the front two shocks are replaced under warranty, it will be paisa vasool for me. Paid some 4.3K for the 3rd year extended warranty.
Hope they consider something for the ball joints too.
I am terribly missing the steering response I used to get after fast U-turns.You can just scoot away after you finish the u-turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Manish, I spent some time on the PS pics.
Decide for yourself. Well, these are far from perfect jobs from a PS n00by like me, but still will give you an idea.
okay, got the idea that your PS skills are basic. Don't worry mine is even basic. Nevertheless, got a basic idea of how you want it. But I am thinking if we completely smoke the taillamps leaving the reverse light and blinkers,how would it look ?

Quote:
IIRC ball joints are ~1800 a piece.
btw, honeybee, I have seen many parts which are cheap @ A.S.S for Ford. Eg: Battery, Brake Pads, Wipers (?) etc..
1800 a piece!!! Thanks for the heads up Dhanush, will be prepared. I don't know how it skipped my mind to enquire about the ball joints price.
Old 23rd October 2011, 00:20   #137
Senior - BHPian

Re: This Ford is my IKON - now at 22,700 kms.

Finally got the shocks issue resolved today.
Driver had come to pick up dropped us to office and took the car to service center.
The final problem diagnosed and resolved as under .

1. Front RH side shocks absorber and ball joints gone kaput.
Shocks replaced under warranty . Ball bearings replaced at cost(not covered under warranty as odo is over 20k kms).

All the other three shock absorbers are doing fine as of now.
Noise coming from under body was diagnosed to be from the hand brake cable touching some metal/nuts.
Nuts tightened and brake cable secured.
Total bill paid - Rs. 1501/- towards Ball joints assembly and labour and wheel alignment

Attaching the bill and other relevant pics. Saved around 2000/- bucks (including labour) due to the warranty. Not much but still recovered 50% of amount paid towards extended warranty.

Yay!!!
This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_2821.jpg

Check the MRP mentioned and amount charged in bill.
This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_2825.jpg

The ball joint assembly ?
This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_2827.jpg

Edit : I have not driven the car after the driver parked it at my place. Will drive it tomorrow and confirm. Thanks!!

A question: I have a set of old used wiper and now a pair of bad ball joints assembly, obviously they are of no use to me. How do I dispose it off ?

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 23rd October 2011 at 00:21.
Fordmanchau is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 08:57   #138
Senior - BHPian

Sell them to the local scrap dealer? I disposed off my Ikon old shocks yesterday in a similar fashion.
Old 22nd November 2011, 20:05   #139
Senior - BHPian

Guys, yesterday I got a call from "00301" number, caliming to be from Ford Motor Company, London.
The call was regarding my experience with Ford brand, my dealer and service experience with Fortune Ford. It was a detailed survey asking for rating on different parameters.

Was getting missed calls from this number since a month and everytime I missed it or whenever I picked up I couldn't hear anything. I was assuming it to be a hoax call.

The guy who called me was "Amit" with perfectly Indian accent, though he said he was calling from London. Outsourced to India, I suppose. They had all the details of the service, owner name and address with them. So that was pretty genuine.

Just to inform you guys, if you get a call from "00301", answer it and give a frank feedback to Ford.
Fordmanchau is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 20:25   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Guys, yesterday I got a call from "00301" number, caliming to be from Ford Motor Company, London.
The call was regarding my experience with Ford brand, my dealer and service experience with Fortune Ford. It was a detailed survey asking for rating on different parameters.

Was getting missed calls from this number since a month and everytime I missed it or whenever I picked up I couldn't hear anything. I was assuming it to be a hoax call.

The guy who called me was "Amit" with perfectly Indian accent, though he said he was calling from London. Outsourced to India, I suppose. They had all the details of the service, owner name and address with them. So that was pretty genuine.

Just to inform you guys, if you get a call from "00301", answer it and give a frank feedback to Ford.
Good to know that they are eliciting feedback, but why should UK Ford do that?

OT---Whenever I use my office VOIP phone to call a number in India (such as my own cell), the number shows as '+301'. So it could be a call from someone in India using such a phone.
Old 22nd November 2011, 21:02   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
but why should UK Ford do that?
I am kind of surprised myself Venu sir, why the UK Ford would do it.
I am sure, the call was from India, though when I double checked with that guy and asked him, " are you sure , you calling from London?" . He answered in affirmative.
The London part intrigues me but they even had the date of my last service center visit , previous address, type of repair(mechanical/warranty, etc) with them. So the call was genuine, that way.
Old 22nd November 2011, 21:56   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The London part intrigues me but they even had the date of my last service center visit , previous address, type of repair(mechanical/warranty, etc) with them. So the call was genuine, that way.
The point was to convey he was calling directly from the "company". Even my friend who owns the Figo got this call.

In any case, its a welcome move from Ford to collect feedback. And, as I see it, there is some positive action from local dealers after this feedback call.
Old 28th November 2011, 10:47   #143
Senior - BHPian

Re: This Ford is my IKON - now at 23,200 kms.

FE UPDATE

Last Saturday , I refilled my car first time after I moved to our new office building at Madhapur.
Now my approximate one way travel is 14kms. So a total 28kms of to and fro travel, this has led to a decent increase in my car's fuel efficiency.

Previous two times before the last refill , I was getting a FE of 9.83 kmpl, when i refilled on satruday, i got a FE of 11.82kmpl.
A good 2kmpl increase.

The car took 29.24litres of petrol for a distance of 345kms.
Before , it used to take in 32.4litres of petrol for 320kms of distance.
But yes, my refill days have gone lower. From around 21 days before to 18 days now.

I am hoping I will have to refill max two times a month for my regular home-office-home and other city commutes.
Fordmanchau is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 18:17   #144
Senior - BHPian

Good to know about this, Manish. I remember telling you earlier that once your daily run goes beyond 10 kms, the FE is bound to increase.

Also good to know that you are on the other side of Inorbit Mall. I can see your new building right through my window.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 22:55   #145
Senior - BHPian

Yes Venu sir, I remember that.!!
Now my car gets to 3rd and 4th gear very often, and after I take left at HDFC bank at rd. no 45 jubilee hills, it evens goes into 5th gear, plus lots of incline to max the FE .
Going to office has just become more exciting and I look forward for the drive each morning and evening.
Old 15th January 2012, 16:14   #146
Senior - BHPian

Had fourth puncture on Friday ,the 13th.
Luckily ,it happened after I reached office. The security guard informed me when I went to the. basement parking in evening .
Took around 20 minutes for me to change the tyre. The new tyre I had to buy after my Tirupati trip was finally put to use.
A while back, went to get the puncture repaired, but had to change the tube. I had the tube in stock since 2010 ,so replaced with that,changed the tyre and put the stepney back in boot and got the air pressure checked for all tyres.
80 bucks for all that.
Then came home, bought half a litre petrol,put it in the Colin spray bottle and sprayed all over the car.
Have done my best to remove all the tar and stubborn marks.
The car looks neat now.

The Odo reads 24200kms now.
Next month it will be 3 yrs old.
Old 15th January 2012, 23:17   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then came home, bought half a litre petrol,put it in the Colin spray bottle and sprayed all over the car.
The car looks neat now.

The Odo reads 24200kms now.
Next month it will be 3 yrs old.
Wow, this is a new trick I am hearing about on keeping the car shining.

As regards odo. you are slightly ahead of me. I was around 21 K when the car was 3 years old.
Old 16th January 2012, 00:50   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The car looks neat now.
Manish, best is diesel. Petrol will have its toll on paint.

Even if its diesel, use only below the waistline, where the marks are more prominent. Anything above that, use normal wax.

My 2 Cents.

- Dhanush
Old 16th January 2012, 01:20   #149
Senior - BHPian

@Fordmanchau, hope your Ikon performs consistently after the right front shock and ball joint replacement.

Looking at the bill, is it right that the RH Front shock costs Rs. 16xx ?
Old 16th January 2012, 13:34   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Wow, this is a new trick I am hearing about on keeping the car shining.
As regards odo. you are slightly ahead of me. I was around 21 K when the car was 3 years old.
I came to know about it when the service centre folks did it once on my car when I asked them to remove the tar marks after the car wash. But then it works.
I could see the stubborn marks dissolving and melting as soon as I sprayed petrol on them and then I wiped it clean. Takes some effort but.
But yes, above 90% of all tar marks and stubborn mud stains are gone and the car looks neat below the waistline.

As for Odo, last year was dull wrt drivacations! otherwise it could easily have been atleast 2K more on the odo

Quote:
Manish, best is diesel. Petrol will have its toll on paint.
Even if its diesel, use only below the waistline, where the marks are more prominent. Anything above that, use normal wax.
My 2 Cents.

- Dhanush
Thanks you for your 2 cents. Next time I'l keep that in mind. I was not aware of it. And petrol was easily available in the small cycle and oil shops near my place. For diesel I would have to go the bunk and get it.
But then next time I'll make sure I'll do this with a diesel.
This was the first time in 3 yrs I did it. And yes it was intended to remove the marks below the waistline, but then seeing the effect , i couldn't stop and sprayed on the specific stains to remove it.
My experience is that waxing doesn't remove stains. And yes, I waxed the car this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
@Fordmanchau, hope your Ikon performs consistently after the right front shock and ball joint replacement.

Looking at the bill, is it right that the RH Front shock costs Rs. 16xx ?
Yes @lancer_rit, the shocks are priced that much. But I have a little complaint with the steering after the shock replacement, will get it checked during the next service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks