Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2012, 15:03   #181
BHPian

re: This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Regarding the console, it IS different from mine. Mine doesn't have that "white" theme in the console. Its an all black one.
Can anyone specify the cost of the new instrument console? I want to change the console on my Ikon too.
Old 12th December 2012, 15:53   #182
BHPian

Hi All

Just want to share you all ,the price list of FORD parts.I got it from an Internet site and not sure about the exact prices presently.

If someone has already presented this ,please ignore it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sum of Parts Ford.pdf (773.5 KB, 17661 views)
Old 13th December 2012, 12:05   #183
BHPian

Re: This Ford is my IKON - now at 22,170 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Here's a litte update.

The steering was feeling a little wobbly lately when I used to straighten it after the turn, so this saturday I went for tyre rotation, balancing and alignment. Swapped Rear right with Front right and vice versa and Rear left with Front left.
Hi Fordmanchau

One quick query. I have given my FORD TDCI for 60000 Service. Now the SA called me and said Both front shocks and ball joint need to replace.

They gave a quote of 11000 including both

Does this really cost this much?

3000 for each shocks(front) and remaining for Ball joints and steering accessories. Apart from this 5800 odd for 60000 Service.

I am really worried hearing this.

Any quick reply ?
Old 13th December 2012, 12:26   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

@BinFord,
for suspensions: have you noticed any deterioration in the handling (esp over rough surfaces) ?

For ball-joints: Is there any sound coming from the wheels during turning ?

I was asked by my SA here to replace the ball-joints & tie-rods. He said there were weak, even though I have run only 38k. I checked again with another SA outside Ford A.S.S), and I dont think my car shows any sign of wear & tear that would warrant replacing the ball-joints & tie-rods. Quote was 9k.

My suggestion for you: get the car checked else where for a second opinion
Old 13th December 2012, 12:40   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@BinFord,
for suspensions: have you noticed any deterioration in the handling (esp over rough surfaces) ?

For ball-joints: Is there any sound coming from the wheels during turning ?

I was asked by my SA here to replace the ball-joints & tie-rods. He said there were weak, even though I have run only 38k. I checked again with another SA outside Ford A.S.S), and I dont think my car shows any sign of wear & tear that would warrant replacing the ball-joints & tie-rods. Quote was 9k.

My suggestion for you: get the car checked else where for a second opinion
Hi Condor

For Shocks I did not find any issues in handling on rough a roads. Only thing there was a drum beating sound from the front when run over through rough roads ( I have a thread opened for this already
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ing-sound.html). I have asked them to replace the front shocks bushes on last time. But it reoccurred again and now they are saying shocks gone.

On Steering when Turing right I hear a slight "tak" noise. But it behaves properly and seems fine. But it has lot "play" compared to earlier.

Do you feel something fishy here. I never believe these guys and only thing they know is to replace the parts.
Old 13th December 2012, 13:48   #186
BHPian

Considering the fact that my 50K service cost me Rs. 5300, the 60K service cost is atleast okay.

This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-invoice-50k-srvc.jpg
Old 13th December 2012, 15:05   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinFord View Post
Only thing there was a drum beating sound from the front when run over through rough roads

On Steering when Turing right I hear a slight "tak" noise. But it behaves properly and seems fine. But it has lot "play" compared to earlier.
Then they may be right. Please do take a confirmation /second opinion before you proceed.

They may ask you to replace both ball-joint & tie-rods.

Replacement may be best done in the A.S.S itself. There wont be much difference if you want to get it done outside, with OE parts (if you can get OE parts)
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 21:09   #188
BHPian

Got the Car back in the evening after 60000 Service. Total cost 6500.Please find the breakups attached.
Asked them to leave Shocks. Ball joints and Tie roads were replaced excluding some parts.

All other service requirements completed as part of 60000 service .

Hope it is reasonable? What do you say mates?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf f3.pdf (236.0 KB, 565 views)
File Type: pdf f4.pdf (87.1 KB, 496 views)
Old 14th December 2012, 07:37   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

@BinFord, are the problems resolved - as you observe during driving ? Please update us after a week.

Fuel Filter @ 1536 ! :(
60k servicing is Rs 1050 - without any think like GB oil change, coolant change. I dont see what different they do in a 60k service that they dont do in a 40k service.

And they say spares cost has reduced !

Overall bill amount looks ok. The main increases are due to the Ball joint replacement & Tie-rods "renew" (err, what is renew ? )
Old 14th December 2012, 11:24   #190
BHPian

Quote:
OMG !! where are these guys heading ? I thought the introduction of figo will drive the spare parts price down . When I last changed this in 2010 then it was 896.91rs. It increased 60% in two years!!!
At that time the MJD fuel filter was around a shade below 1000 if I remember correctly.
30k service was 784rs then
check this link :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2004531
Old 14th December 2012, 19:26   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@BinFord, are the problems resolved - as you observe during driving ? Please update us after a week.

60k servicing is Rs 1050 - without any think like GB oil change, coolant change. I dont see what different they do in a 60k service that they dont do in a 40k service.

And they say spares cost has reduced !

Overall bill amount looks ok. The main increases are due to the Ball joint replacement & Tie-rods "renew" (err, what is renew ? )
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
OMG !! where are these guys heading ? I thought the introduction of figo will drive the spare parts price down . When I last changed this in 2010 then it was 896.91rs. It increased 60% in two years!!!
At that time the MJD fuel filter was around a shade below 1000 if I remember correctly.
30k service was 784rs then
check this link :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2004531
Hi Bullboy and Condor

Only God knows where they are heading.

On the ball joint part I will post a picture probably tomorrow.I have the replaced parts with me
Old 15th December 2012, 12:17   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bullboy and Condor

Only God knows where they are heading.

On the ball joint part I will post a picture probably tomorrow.I have the replaced parts with me
Pic of replaced part.Not sure where it has worn out
Attached Thumbnails
This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-dsc_0716.jpg  

Old 14th June 2013, 13:49   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pic of replaced part.Not sure where it has worn out
The same part has been replaced for even my car. The pic is posted few pages before.

Sorry for late reply. Not frequenting TBHP too much these days.

Meanwhile , my car completed 36K KMs on the Odometer yesterday. Last 1,000 kms was the fastest I completed while driving around in the city for Home-office commute.

Had reached 35K on 20th May while going to Office.
Completed 36K on 13th June, again while going to Office.

Need to get front Shocks and bumper checked as once I couldn't see a open manhole in the dark. The front right wheel went inside with a big thud. Thankfully, the manhole was small, revved and pulled out.

Otherwise the car is running like a work-horse. No complaints.
Old 14th June 2013, 15:10   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
The same part has been replaced for even my car. The pic is posted few pages before.

Sorry for late reply. Not frequenting TBHP too much these days.
Hi Fordmanchu

Thanks for the information.Anyways I have sold our my beloved IKON 1 month back at 65 K in 4 years,

Nothing else I am leaving the country due to work arrangements for a long term

Anyways enjoy your journey
Old 22nd November 2013, 17:31   #195
Senior - BHPian

Re: This Ford is my IKON - Now at 43K Kms,

Hi,

Sorry have not been updating the thread often. But its because the car continues to be running without any issues. I mean, there have been some issues, but can't really blame the car or the manufacturer for it.

1. There's noise coming from front, when the car goes over rough roads or through potholes. I blame it on the bumper, as one of those sundays, during summer, i was running a high fever, searching for doctor, i couldn't notice a manhole and bumped the right front wheel over and then in it. There was a huge thud. Luckily, it was a small manhole, i realised what happened but with one huge push in the first gear , car was out. I don't know what was running in my mind then or I was completely out of my mind, i thought i would reverse and get out of that lane, and as i reversed, there I was again, car stuck in the same manhole again. It just didnt cross my mind that the manhole is still there, uncovered. Thankfully got out without much hassles. Wife and baby was there, luckily it all happened at a crawling speed. Wife was wondering, if it was the fever.
But the conclusion I drew from this was the noise from front is coming due the above incident.But the mechanics at the service centre and other places say, that front shock absorbers are gone. So, staring at a expense of 15-20K for now.

2. Sunday, 10th November 2013, was coming back from after some work, dad in front, mom behind and my driving as always. Had to brake, as a Indica in front braked, but suddenly the brake pedal slipped it looked like we are going to bang the car in front. Swerved, the best I could, and managed to stop a little ahead. The brake was still working, but could only drive at very slow speeds. So, slowly drove home. Went to a mechanic later that evening, but he found no signs of brake fluid leakage.As it was getting late, he asked to come the next day.

The next day, we found a brake fluid leakage from the front right cable carrying fluid to the disc. The inside of the tyre had the fluid all over it, and the cable was cut. I was scared of the brake master or a brake booster failure, but thankfully none of it happened.
Setting the brake right cost me Rs. 800 only/-
Rs. 400 for the cable
Rs. 150 for the oil Top up and
Rs. 250 for the labor.
So it ended happily.

3. Or so I thought, tested the brake that day, all seemed right, but then next morning, while going to office, there was tak-tak-tak sound everytime I braked. Was wondering what's wrong again. The car has no ABS, I was sure of it.The sound came on and off. Couldn't take the car to the garage.Wole week went by like that, finally on a sunday again, took the car to the garage. Mechanic, test drove it, no noise was coming. He said there is nothing and I was like no-no, its there on and off. I was getting worried why its not coming, then while returning as we were taking a turn, there it came. I was so relieved!! I told the Mechanic, listen its coming from this side!!!
He took the car to the garage, tightened the caliper nut, I guess, of the front left wheel and said Okay.
I asked what okay? He said, its done.!! the noise won't come again!! I was like what!!! then I asked how much? he said, anything you want!! so I made him tighten 2 more nuts and tipped him 20 bucks.
So, it ended happily again .
So far so good!!!

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 22nd November 2013 at 17:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks