Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 13:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Hi Fordmanchau,
Surprise again!
Sorry for barging in late on this thread I've just finished Ben's very looong thread!
Indeed!!but very pleasantly. Why sorry ??And it isn't barging at all. You are most welcome.I have read your comments in Ben's thread. I completely understand
Quote:
Exactly the same requirements as mine when I bought my Ikon! Amazing. She got a BIG, NASTY surprise when I bought the Ikon (peace was declared later when she drove it).
The boot was mandatory as we have parents, friends and relatives visiting us, and it has been put to good use whenever required.
My wife doesn't know to drive yet. So I am safe here.

Quote:
Amen to that. What did the salesman say to that? He must have laid an egg in fright!
Don't know if he laid the egg or not, but he may be used to such situations.He is a good salesman, now since he has moved to Honda with a promotion.
My wife reminds me of this U-turn I took while test drive, every time when I slow down considerably and take a U-turn. So, in between I have now been throwing a steep left/right hander.

Quote:
Been going through one of these posts will write in there as I want to know some details from you on those trips.
Sure!! most welcome.After the yercaud trip , we have been planning on for another holiday, lets see when that happens.Do PM or posts for whatever info you require.

Quote:
I am thinking of this for my Ikon, because as you know the rear visibility is poor. How useful is it? Is it worth it? Please relate your experiences with this gadget in the Ikon.
I find it quite useful, very neat indeed.A relative who has a Civic found it very useful, when he was in Hyd.He wants to put this reverse parking sensor in his car.And , you know that, my office security fella, who over see's parking praises my driving and parking skills

Quote:
Oh yes, yes! Totally understand what you say.
Probably, all ford owners will vouch for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Which exactly is the color called Thunder? Is it the name for the silver?
Platinum is what my wife and myself had initially decided, and went to book it as well. At the showroom, we saw the Jewel Violet, and instantly changed our preference. Platinum took second place. There's been no looking back since!
Thunder is dark grey, I would call it that.Probably how those dark grey clouds look in the sky.

Quote:
Our first TD experience was in Hyderabad, during our dating days. For time pass, asked to get the car for a TD, and made the most of it. Afetr we got married and relocated to Bangalore, we thought of no other car, but the Ikon when putting down our money. We did dilly-dally with buying a Swift or an Alto, but knew they werent as special as the Ikon
hehe!! I can relate to that, we bought our car a month before we got married.

Quote:
Quite true. When i move on to an SUV, this is what i feel i will miss the most. Quick U turns, where you just throw the car at it, and it comes out of it like it was just another walk in the park.
Surely, you would miss this in an SUV, read about your eligibility for a company car in your thread, Congratulations mate!!
Old 23rd June 2010, 20:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Photos finally

At the Showroom, Wifey(then fiancee) taking the key, I am behind the camera.
This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_1426.jpg

First pooja at the Sai baba temple
This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_1427.jpg

Posing time
This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_1428.jpg

This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_1429.jpg

2nd Pooja at hanuman temple
This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_1430.jpg

First drive
This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_1435.jpg

This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_1441.jpg

and many more followed
This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_1622.jpg

This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_1627.jpg

This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_1628.jpg
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics, Manish, and nice review too on your buying decision.

Congrats for getting married------don't worry, I wont ask you if your gf married you for your Ikon

Hey, I was just kidding!!!
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Congrats for getting married------don't worry, I wont ask you if your gf married you for your Ikon
haha!! Thanks venu sir, you have put thoughts in my mind.Car is on my wife's name, I am thinking, if I married her for the Ikon or was it love

Edit : venu sir, updated the Hyd-Araku thread with the road conditions.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 23rd June 2010 at 21:48.
Old 24th June 2010, 08:05   #20
BHPian

Nice to see this thread updated! Took so long for the pics to be put up?

In some of the pics your Ikon colour looks the same as my car's "Oyster" but in other pics it looks lighter.

Any other updates? You must have done a fair bit of running since the review.

We (wife and I) are considering a Bangalore - Hyderabad trip some time in a month or two as our younger son is in Hyderabad for training for two months. After reading your and Vnabhi's threads (and others too) on Srisailam, I suggested to my wife that we should do Bangalore - Srisailam - Hyderabad - Bangalore and she is also agreeable. Hopefully I can manage this as it is hard to get time off from work. (Just did a Bangalore Goa in my friend's new Scorpio so it's tough to get time off again).

Will request information and advice from you guys if it materialises.

Looking forward to more updates. BTW, you must teach your wife driving, she will love the Ikon. My wife loves the Ikon as much as I do.

Regards
Damu
Old 24th June 2010, 11:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice to see this thread updated! Took so long for the pics to be put up?
Hehe, I know, real long , six months to be precise.I had put the snaps in a pendrive and then forgot about it.Was checking the pendrive few days back and found it.

Quote:
In some of the pics your Ikon colour looks the same as my car's "Oyster" but in other pics it looks lighter.
That's what I was wondering about that how your color is Oyster and mine is called "platinum", may be a difference of shades.

Quote:
Any other updates? You must have done a fair bit of running since the review.
Yes, the odo is now at 9400 kms, since january have done the Yercaud trip in April and just last weekend did 1200kms Hyd-Rajamundhry-Annavaram-Vijaywada-Hyd trip.

Quote:
We (wife and I) are considering a Bangalore - Hyderabad trip some time in a month or two as our younger son is in Hyderabad for training for two months. After reading your and Vnabhi's threads (and others too) on Srisailam, I suggested to my wife that we should do Bangalore - Srisailam - Hyderabad - Bangalore and she is also agreeable. Hopefully I can manage this as it is hard to get time off from work. (Just did a Bangalore Goa in my friend's new Scorpio so it's tough to get time off again).
Oh, if you guys can work out the leaves, then do plan this trip, I would also suggest to add Nagarjuna sagar along with Srisailam. The weather is good and it will be fun visiting these places.

Quote:
Will request information and advice from you guys if it materialises.
Anytime, just PM us.

Quote:
Looking forward to more updates. BTW, you must teach your wife driving, she will love the Ikon. My wife loves the Ikon as much as I do.
Trying to build up the thread slowly,more updates will follow.My wife already loves the car, driving lessons for her is long due, but getting up early is an issue you see
Old 24th June 2010, 11:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi Fordmanchau...

The review looks solid...like the car itself.

The colour choice is great.
The car looks amazing in the pics!

Congrats and wish you loads of good Ikonic miles ahead.
Old 24th June 2010, 16:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Hi Fordmanchau...
The review looks solid...like the car itself.
The colour choice is great.
The car looks amazing in the pics!
Congrats and wish you loads of good Ikonic miles ahead.
Thanks Arnab, Will slowly update the thread with more pics and service records.
Old 24th June 2010, 22:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Monsoon Camp

Received this message from Fortune Ford, hyderabad today:
"Monsoon camp-23-26th june 2010!
Offers - Free 50 pts check up, Washer Fluid, Body wash and discounts on wiper blades, oil filter, Brake pads and labour.Hurry up!!!"

This sounds like god send. I was itching to get my ride washed after the Annavaram trip.I spoke to the Ford guy who takes my car for servicing, they are 50% discount on wiper blades, I intend buy one and keep it
Will get it done on Saturday mostly.
Old 25th June 2010, 07:01   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

No such pre-monsoon offers here from the dealers in Bangalore.

Getting the wipers is a good thing : esp with that discount. Ford dealers here normally dont give spares like that. They insist on installation also, just so that they can bill you labor also. But they dont seem to realise that they are often losing out on the business they can get from spares sales.
Old 25th June 2010, 12:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Getting the wipers is a good thing : esp with that discount. Ford dealers here normally dont give spares like that. They insist on installation also, just so that they can bill you labor also.
I hope they agree for only sales, I intend to buy the Brake pad and wipers and keep them until the replacement is required.As of now both the things seem to be working fine.
Old 25th June 2010, 13:03   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

@FordManchau, how much has your car run ? I ask because you are looking to stock up the brake pads also. From what has been mentioned in the earlier posts, it looks like you have been able to drive around more than 4.5k ... unlike me

Also, pls ping the mods to update the thread title with the current ODO reading.
Old 25th June 2010, 14:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@FordManchau, how much has your car run ? I ask because you are looking to stock up the brake pads also. From what has been mentioned in the earlier posts, it looks like you have been able to drive around more than 4.5k ... unlike me
The odo is at 9400 kms condor.
After the thread started in january this year and since 1 year service in Feb 2010 at 4700 kms, I have done two long trips
i) Hyd-blr-yercaud of around 1650 kms
ii) Hyd-Annavram-hyd of 1200 kms, also my bikes rear tube has gone for good, and I have not bothered to replace it yet, so my daily commute to office is also being taken care of by my Flair.
Last saturday when I was on way to Annavaram from Rajmundhry, it was raining heavily. I was driving on NH5, while I was trying to overtake the truck from right, it suddenly decided to move right to overtake another truck in front of it. I applied brake and it worked as it was required to, stopped in time plus no skidding on the wet roads, seems even my Goodyear tyres are doing good too as of now
That's why thinking on just to stock the wiper and brake pads.
In july last week, probably we are heading to Ooty, so I might need it then.

Quote:
@Also, pls ping the mods to update the thread title with the current ODO reading.
Was intending to ping the mods at 10K kms.

Meanwhile received the call from my Tolichowki Service centre of Fortune ford. Appointment is fixed for tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 25th June 2010 at 14:09.
Old 25th June 2010, 18:16   #29
BHPian

I love this car. The new model was rejected starlight away by my family members

No one (family members) really knows that i still love this car

Congrats on your purchase. Ride safe
Old 26th June 2010, 21:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Got the car checked in Monsoon campaign

Today got the car checked and washed in the Monsoon Campaign.
Went late at around 5:30 p.m in the evening, still they immediately appointed a service personnel to my car. He checked the wiper, which was replaced, refilled the screen washer fluid, checked engine oil, coolant, brake oil and power steering oil.All was found to be ok.
Undercarriage was also checked, I also jumped in the pit to have a look under the car.It was all covered except the exhaust pipe running in between. Everything was fine. Lights and brakepad too was checked. It was alright.
They said that brake pads generally run through 30k to 40k kms under normal driving. exceptions exist.
Car was washed and wiped and by 7:15 p.m I was out.
All in all, the time was well spent.
TOTAL amount Paid : Rs. 184/- for the wipers, no labour charges. I tipped them 100 bucks.
So for 284 buck, I got the wiper blades replaced, washer fluid refilled, car washed and wiped. I was happy.
Some pics:

Engine bay
This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-0626_175020.jpg

Waiting for Wash
Name:  0626_184006.jpg
Views: 2407
Size:  57.6 KB

Getting washed
This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-0626_190714.jpg

P.S: excuse the pics quality, taken from a mobile cam.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks