Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 19:02   #106
Senior - BHPian

Guys, a sad update.
While I was enjoying the rains accompanied with strong winds today standing at the office balcony, a sheet from the fifth floor decided to fly and landed on the roof of my car parked at the office parking.This time it was parked just next to the tree.
So there are dents and scratches on the roof and the cabin light gave away due to the impact.
Luckily no major damage. Thank god for it!!
Pictures after I reach home.
Updating from subway outlet

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 10th June 2011 at 19:05.
Old 10th June 2011, 19:28   #107
Senior - BHPian

re: This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Guys, a sad update.
While I was enjoying the rains accompanied with strong winds today standing at the office balcony, a sheet from the fifth floor decided to fly and landed on the roof of my car parked at the office parking.This time it was parked just next to the tree.
So there are dents and scratches on the roof and the cabin light gave away due to the impact.
Sorry to hear about it. You may visit an FNG to get the roof painted if you don't want to claim insurance.
Old 10th June 2011, 19:41   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, a sad update.
a sheet from the fifth floor decided to fly and landed on the roof of my car parked at the office parking.This time it was parked just next to the tree.
Very sad to hear this. Why was the sheet not strapped, could have been a flying missile. Was it a metal sheet?

Its good that there is very little damage but the dents would be a sore for the eyes. Hope you get it recitified at the earliest.
Old 10th June 2011, 21:34   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Sorry to hear about it. You may visit an FNG to get the roof painted if you don't want to claim insurance.
I will find out with my Service centre first Venu Sir. If the car goes in for dent removal, I will also get all scratches done and get painted wherever necessary. I have zero % depreciation policy, so I hope it will take care of it, and anywhich way the policy cannot be renewed next year as the car would complete 3 years.
If that is not possible then would look at FNG option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Very sad to hear this. Why was the sheet not strapped, could have been a flying missile. Was it a metal sheet?
Its good that there is very little damage but the dents would be a sore for the eyes. Hope you get it recitified at the earliest.
Atleast I came off with very littl damage. A Accord and a Indica were not so lucky. They were parked at the open place under the tree. Accord has a rear windscreen broken and the Indica has the front windscreen broken. This was told by the security guards, who came to me when I was inspecting the damage.
My windscreen was saved just by a whisker. The dents are near the roof antennae, so it could have been bad. I was lucky. Not feeling so bad about it. Can live with it for some time.
Old 13th June 2011, 21:10   #110
Senior - BHPian

So here are the photos of damage to the roof due to the wooden plyboard falling on it last Friday.
This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_2719.jpg
This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_2720.jpg
This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_2721.jpg
This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_2722.jpg
This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_2723.jpg
A little dent on the left side fron fender too.
This Ford is my IKON - 89,000 km and 9 years completed-img_2725.jpg

As of now I have planned to leave it as it is. The daily wiping and waxing today has helped a bit to ease of the scar on the roof. The dent is little annoying to the eyes, but I think I will get it all done at the scheduled service in August. Have kept the broken cabin light the glove box. Will change it later, but I don't like the sight of wire hanging out
Old 13th June 2011, 21:20   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... The daily wiping and waxing today has helped a bit to ease of the scar on the roof ...
Hi Manish,

Use good 'ol rubbing compound for scratches like these.. works wonders.

Cheers,

Dhanush
Old 13th June 2011, 22:45   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi Manish,
Use good 'ol rubbing compound for scratches like these.. works wonders.
Dhanush, any particular that you have experience with? Please do suggest. If it goes by rubbing the rubbing compound, then nothing like it
Old 13th June 2011, 23:18   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dhanush, any particular that you have experience with? Please do suggest. If it goes by rubbing the rubbing compound, then nothing like it
Yes, I use 3M rubbing compound. Well, my dad and wife both create too many scratches, and its up to me to sit and 'rub' them away. . Most of them go, but deeper ones remain.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 14:01   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, a sad update.
Sorry to hear about this Fordmanchau, hope you didnt watch the sheet fly on to your car

It mainly seems to be scratches on the roof. As already suggested try rubbing compound 1st. Some of the deeper ones will not go but the compound will atleast clean off that whitish color you are seeing and they will not remain as distinct. Recently a Sumo cab driver had side scraped me at a traffic signal and left scratches on the wheel arch, the rubbing compound did wonders and the deep ones though still present are not visible until close inspection.
Old 15th June 2011, 07:32   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, a sad update.
Sorry to hear this Manish. But, it's really fortunate that no one was injured, injuries could have been serious.

Damage also fortunately seems relatively minor. Surprised that the cabin light gave way, damage on the roof there doesn't indicate that.

Regarding my Ikon, strictly speaking I cannot afford 2 cars, but I don't have the heart to sell it. There's a very deep emotional bond with that car. Let's see!
Old 15th June 2011, 22:29   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Sorry to hear about this Fordmanchau, hope you didnt watch the sheet fly on to your car
Tinu, ya thankfully the damage is minimal. I am waxing the car/ wiping it daily and the scratches have become lighter. Have still not bought the rubbing compund. Will buy it soon and apply it on all scratches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Sorry to hear this Manish. But, it's really fortunate that no one was injured, injuries could have been serious.
Damage also fortunately seems relatively minor. Surprised that the cabin light gave way, damage on the roof there doesn't indicate that.
Damu sir, this happened during office time, it was raining heavily and the car was parked. So nothing major.
The cabin light gave away as impact was just above the cabin light besides the antennae on the roof.
The clip holding the cabin light is clumsy. I have already changed it once before when it gave away on a bad stretch of road, that time I was really aghast to see it hanging loose, but this time it was understandable.

All the best for your Ikon. I know maintaining two cars would be a pain, but I hope if possible, then do retain it.
Old 25th June 2011, 13:08   #117
Senior - BHPian

Monsoon Campaign!!

Gave the car for Free Monsoon Campaign Check up today!!
Quote:
Get your Ford Car Ready for Monsoons with spl, Service Offers -23rd -25th Jun'11.For Details Dial XXXXXXX
Had received this message a week back.
150ml Oil top up was free and Free outside water wash!!

The driver for Pick up had come near my place, dropped me to Office , took the car to service centre at Tolichowki and delivered it back to me just in time at 1 p.m.

TOTAL BILL : 0.00/- Hurray

I am loving it!!

Am all set for the trip to Srisailam today. They even did a interior vaccum for me.
Old 26th June 2011, 20:16   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, a sad update.
Fordmanchau, sorry to see the damage done to your car. I also met with a similar accident with my Ford Ikon 1.6 NXT ZXI sometime in 2007. I had parked my car and was waiting for my friend to get back in after finishing his purchase on the way back home. Then all of a sudden, I heard a big thud on the roof of my car and the lights assembly fell upon me while I was inside. I came out of it and was shocked to see a huge stone that had fallen on the roof exactly above the lights causing a dent. Luckily I saved my head from being smashed had my car not taken the hit.Finally, I got the dent removed and brought it back to normal after spending around 20K. I have now sold the car for 2.2L in Jan'11 and bought ANHC. My ford had done 43,000 KMS over a period of 5.5 yrs. Thought of sharing this incident as soon as I came across your thread.

Cheers,
KTP
Old 25th August 2011, 20:27   #119
Senior - BHPian

30 Months service @ 21,832 Kms

Got the 5th service (30 months) done today for my Ikon.
The Odo read 21832 kms at the time I gave it for servicing.

No major complaints. Just a litte sound from brake pads which came due to it being parked for a week in wet weather of Hyderabad.
That has been taken care of. I really don't know what they do when I complain of body noise from the boot but after service it's gone everytime.

Asked for the Brake pad cleaning and that has been done. Looks like brake pads is fine and will run another 10K kms as told to me. Clutch's fine too.

So overall all is well.

The bill amount came to Rs. 2148/-

Am happy about the Ford A.S.S so far. No complaints whatsoever.

Will get the tyres aligned and rotated outside.
Old 25th August 2011, 21:07   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 30 Months service @ 21,832 Kms

Quote:
Got the 5th service (30 months) done today for my Ikon.
hey Manish,

Thanks for updating the thread and, this reminds me of an exact same color IKON I saw some days before, with alloys. I guess some nice alloys and 195 tyres make the car look super duper cool!!.. I really liked the color/alloy combo. The alloys were chorme/black 5(?) spoke. Could not see the brand, as the car was moving.

Are you planning for the same?. . I loved the difference it made from stock look.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks