Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 11:37   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Infact its easier and quicker to overtake in AT than in MT, You wont waste the precious amount of time changing gears. And of-course you always have the option to drive in Sports mode, where Gear change takes more time than normal drive mode and push you faster and also you have peddal shift gear which acts like normal Gear, but much easier to shift with just fingers.

After using 5 years of Gear car, i feel AT is better to overtake and also in hairpin bends in Ghats its difficult to beat a AT car, where MT cars waste too much time changing gears.
I am not questioning the ease of driving an AT..obviously it will be easier with less things to bother about. Regarding the easier to overtake part, hairpin bends etc, it is highly debatable and depends on driving skills, IMHO.

I was wanting to know, as with all things automatic, is there even a remote chance that,when push comes to shove, the automatic paddle shift may not work as expected! I am a little worried about all this overdependence on electronic controls (going by the spate of recalls currently) and hence the question.
Old 4th February 2010, 14:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

I've been pushing and shoving my paddles for one year and five months now. They have never "not work"ed. The car has never failed to downshift when I expect it to. Drive by wire is the way forward thanks to emissions laws.

The Toyota saga is because of faulty pedals and the accidents due to stupid drivers. Oh no! The car is accelerating! What shall I ever do?!? The brakes? Nah. How about flipping the shifter to N? Nah. What about turning this key thing on the steering column to turn off the engine? What a stupid idea. Nah, I'd rather crash into that pole and kill myself and everyone in the car instead.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 4th February 2010 at 14:10.
Old 4th February 2010, 15:41   #33
BHPian

Congrats karizma fan on your new City. It is a fabulous car. I liked the modifications you have done on the grill. Makes the car look quite different. Have a nice time.
Old 4th February 2010, 16:05   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!! New Honda City looks great. According to me, it is the most good looking car below 15 lakhs.

The modifications are great. The alloys are awesome, worth the extras you paid.

I am 6'2" tall. Would the car be comfortable for me? I am skeptical as the seating position is quite low.
Old 4th February 2010, 16:23   #35
buz
BHPian

Seating position in the ANHC? It is comfortably high and there is enough leg space along with rear space on full retraction of the driver's seat. Try it at the showroom on a TD. I am sure you will find it comfortable.
Old 4th February 2010, 22:02   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
I am not questioning the ease of driving an AT..obviously it will be easier with less things to bother about. Regarding the easier to overtake part, hairpin bends etc, it is highly debatable and depends on driving skills, IMHO.

I was wanting to know, as with all things automatic, is there even a remote chance that,when push comes to shove, the automatic paddle shift may not work as expected! I am a little worried about all this overdependence on electronic controls (going by the spate of recalls currently) and hence the question.
Fastest Cars Formula 1 racing uses peddle shift and not manual, so its not that peddle shift don't have much control. ANHC peddle shift is widely appreciated from whole cross section of people in TBHP. When i got new ANHC 1st comments i got from non ANHC users was we love that Peddle shift in ANHC.
Old 6th February 2010, 17:32   #37
BHPian

Today I tested the BMW 320d. The power was great... when I pressed the accelerator, I could feel the pressure on my back... the car just pulls you away. The handling was great due to rear wheel drive and 50/50 weight distribution.

BUT...

IT IS NO WHERE NEAR TO THE COMFORT AND SILENCE OF MY HONDA CITY!

I don't know why the suspension is so hard, it is just not suited for Indian roads... where we have to encounter pot holes every 30 seconds.

Honda City is like Honda Unicorn, BMW is like RE Bullet
Attached Thumbnails
All New Honda City Black Auto Transmission - 8000kms Ownership Experience Report-dsc04072.jpg  

Old 6th February 2010, 17:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I am 6'2" tall. Would the car be comfortable for me? I am skeptical as the seating position is quite low.
ANHC seating is fairly high by sedan standards. I am 6' and I dont face problem even when I set it to the highest position.
However one thing to keep is mind is, the maximum it can travel back depends on what height it is set at. You can't push it allthe way back and set it to the highest position at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karizma Fan View Post
IT IS NO WHERE NEAR TO THE COMFORT AND SILENCE OF MY HONDA CITY!

I don't know why the suspension is so hard, it is just not suited for Indian roads... where we have to encounter pot holes every 30 seconds.
Diesel and run flat tyres with thick sidewalls. But I thought the noise would be well suppressed in the cabin.
Old 7th February 2010, 00:47   #39
Team-BHP Support

I understand why you spent Rs. 1.5 Lacs on accessories - because you were ready to spend Rs. 15 Lacs on a Civic. So I'm assuming the accessories cost was not a big pinch. The dealer must have been pleased when you looked at the accessories list and said "I want that! I want that! And I want that one too!"

This is the best looking ANHC I've seen.

I agree with the advise on not to bother with leather seats right now. Use the car as it is for 3 years and when you get bored with the interiors, get some nice expensive leather seats and leather covering for dashboard and door panels. It will cost you 50k or more, but the car will feel special.
Old 7th February 2010, 01:19   #40
BHPian

57k for alloys is v high! you should not have bought it from Honda.
Did you not browse through various threads on wheels & tires here on tbhp?
Old 9th February 2010, 17:35   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
I understand why you spent Rs. 1.5 Lacs on accessories - because you were ready to spend Rs. 15 Lacs on a Civic. So I'm assuming the accessories cost was not a big pinch. The dealer must have been pleased when you looked at the accessories list and said "I want that! I want that! And I want that one too!"

This is the best looking ANHC I've seen.

I agree with the advise on not to bother with leather seats right now. Use the car as it is for 3 years and when you get bored with the interiors, get some nice expensive leather seats and leather covering for dashboard and door panels. It will cost you 50k or more, but the car will feel special.
I agree with you! The dealer said he never sold a ANHC before with so much accesories. And the alloy wheels are rare to be seen in ANHC becoz now the new ANHC comes with 5 spoke alloys.

And leather seats can wait. Need advice from t-bhpians when I go for it!
Old 9th February 2010, 18:41   #42
BHPian

Awesome car! I will agree with most that the chrome grill does add a lot of character to the ANHC. The paddle shifters, i see there are 2 sets, one on the left and one on the right. Which of these is for up/down shifting?
Old 9th February 2010, 21:30   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Awesome car! I will agree with most that the chrome grill does add a lot of character to the ANHC. The paddle shifters, i see there are 2 sets, one on the left and one on the right. Which of these is for up/down shifting?

I am also one of the proud owner of an automatic city for the past six months, i ride only using the D mode & hardly touch the the S mode under which you are supposed to use the paddlle shift one of the main reason i restrain from using the paddle is after used to the automatic mode for quite some time you may forget to use the paddle shift properly whenever its required and this leads to the engine overriding your shifting pattern which will again lead you to confusion so in my opinion the best gear option in our worst traffic scenorio is to go for the D drive which is the automatic leave the rest with the car and rest in peace by the way Right hand side paddle is + , left hand one is - .
Old 9th February 2010, 21:47   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
I am also one of the proud owner of an automatic city for the past six months, i ride only using the D mode & hardly touch the the S mode under which you are supposed to use the paddlle shift one of the main reason i restrain from using the paddle is after used to the automatic mode for quite some time you may forget to use the paddle shift properly whenever its required and this leads to the engine overriding your shifting pattern which will again lead you to confusion so in my opinion the best gear option in our worst traffic scenorio is to go for the D drive which is the automatic leave the rest with the car and rest in peace by the way Right hand side paddle is + , left hand one is - .

Wow, that must be the longest sentence I have read in T-Bhp. Congrats for your car anyway

Last edited by vasoo : 9th February 2010 at 21:48.
Old 9th February 2010, 22:21   #45
BHPian

=vasoo;1724560]Wow, that must be the longest sentence I have read in T-Bhp. Congrats for your car anyway [/quote]
[quote

Thnk u (shortest sentence)

Most Viewed