Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 21:08   #61
BHPian

hey guys,
been away a couple of days trying to get to terms with the punto. the swift is so heavily embedded in the system that everytime one goes by i try to do the same stuff with the punto that i did with the swift..
apparently both of them are cars with a different character which i am coming to terms with.
one more thing i'd like to mention about the swift is that if somebody is buying a high miler swift, he may notice that the bonnet is chipped a lot at the lip just above the grill to about 5 inches. do not worry about it being an accident vehicle, its just the aerodynamics of the car at work. grit/dirt/pebbles flying off from the vehicles driving in front of your car tend to hit this particular area and repeated impact causes the paint to peel off and develop pock marks and such.
So its nothing that a good paintjob cant fix and one can go ahead and get the car without worrying about it.
Hope this helps.
Old 13th February 2010, 23:54   #62
BHPian

Hi epicenter.rulez
If in one sentence you have to answer Swift Diesel or Punto then what would you say?
Old 14th February 2010, 00:38   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
Hi epicenter.rulez
If in one sentence you have to answer Swift Diesel or Punto then what would you say?
For All Out Performance, A Swift Diesel Any Day
Old 14th February 2010, 16:17   #64
BHPian

Thanks for your one liner I was in a dilema between 2 and I also personally think 1.3 DDIS or multijet maruti has mastered the art with this engine in terms of true performance and economy and now u have confirmed this.
Old 14th February 2010, 17:34   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your one liner I was in a dilema between 2 and I also personally think 1.3 DDIS or multijet maruti has mastered the art with this engine in terms of true performance and economy and now u have confirmed this.
But the GRANDE PUNTO is a much BETTER HANDLER
Old 14th February 2010, 19:12   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Every carmaker & his neighbour seems to be offering the 1.3 Multijet, still Swift diesel seems to be beating everyone hands down.

For me it seems like: Even though Devaki(Fiat) was the real mother of Lord Krishna(1.3 multijet engine), & Yashoda(Maruti) just brought him up, he is more known as Yashoda Nandan rather than Devaki Nandan.

Such are the ironies of life, forget humans, it does'nt even spare companies.
GSMINC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2010, 20:16   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
For me it seems like: Even though Devaki(Fiat) was the real mother of Lord Krishna(1.3 multijet engine), & Yashoda(Maruti) just brought him up, he is more known as Yashoda Nandan rather than Devaki Nandan.

righty said. but the swift was here first. so naturally its going to be a winner hands down. about the punto handling better, i am discovering the joys of going into turns at higher and higher speeds with the punto.
the car goes in for its first service on wednesday or thursday. 2500 on the odo and still counting. the computer on the car says 5.2 liters/100 kilometers as the average fuel consumption. not bad wat?
Old 14th February 2010, 23:35   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicenter.rulez View Post
righty said. but the swift was here first. so naturally its going to be a winner hands down. about the punto handling better, i am discovering the joys of going into turns at higher and higher speeds with the punto.
the car goes in for its first service on wednesday or thursday. 2500 on the odo and still counting. the computer on the car says 5.2 liters/100 kilometers as the average fuel consumption. not bad wat?
Yup, fuel consumption is definitely not bad & its bound to improve as you clock miles.
As far as going into turns at higher and higher speeds is concerned, with fatter tyres (like 185 or 195 profile) you get better grip & cornering abilities, as OE tyres Maruti gives Rubber bands wound around rims not tyres.
Two things in Swift Diesel which sucks is tyres & brakes.
Old 15th February 2010, 00:29   #69
BHPian

Congrats on the new Punto bro.
Old 15th February 2010, 00:34   #70
BHPian

Quote:
For All Out Performance, A Swift Diesel Any Day
the word performance is very subjective my friend. It is not governed by a single parameter.
Old 15th February 2010, 01:13   #71
BHPian

Just came across this thread. 2l in 3 years is awesome. I wish i had the time, money and the requirement to drive so much.
Old 15th February 2010, 14:00   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
the word performance is very subjective my friend. It is not governed by a single parameter.

totally agree with you there. but in this range of vehicles, the swift rules. or maybe its just that i drove it for so long that its tough getting used to something else.
Old 15th February 2010, 14:25   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
totally agree with you there. but in this range of vehicles, the swift rules. or maybe its just that i drove it for so long that its tough getting used to something else.

Maybe as you drive th GP more you'd love it more. The GP handles beautifully at high speeds especially above 120 and the ABS + EBD and steering is so so precise..

Should be getting one shortly!
Old 15th February 2010, 22:04   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Maybe as you drive th GP more you'd love it more. The GP handles beautifully at high speeds especially above 120 and the ABS + EBD and steering is so so precise..

Should be getting one shortly!
didnt like the gt3s on the punto too much. the continental premium contacts on the swift were awesome and some say the es100s by yokohama are also good. will just have to wait for these tires to die first.
Old 15th February 2010, 22:27   #75
BHPian

Thats really amazing.2L km. Just my 2 cents.. I also moved over from a Swift VDi to the Punto MJD. And the thing I missed most was the power rush that came in. I put in a tuning kit and a K&N filter, thinking I would get closer to the Swift performance levels. Even tho the performance did improve esp in third gear, it is nowhere near Swift levels. The thing that you would like over swift is the sweet handling. Also the punto grows on you after a while. Btw, the tyres suck.I burst 2 of my tyres after hitting rough patches on the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks