Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 17:14   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Hey Bro,

I checked your ride , did you manage to get the insurance?? i feel sad for your ride.

Where did this happen and whom did you hit??
No I didnt get the insurance, expenses till date are around 30k..
This happened 1st week of January 2010 in South Delhi, with a Honda city..
Old 4th March 2010, 18:40   #47
BHPian

Woah. You're very lucky to get out of that accident. Isnt the speed breaker which was installed temporarily. It indeed was at a bad spot, adding to it was the slope.

Good to know that you escaped unharmed. My best wishes with you

@gpa, In Delhi, you will see almost every car doing 80-100, the Ring road is well designed for these speeds and as stated by Harish, the slower drives get rear ended.
Old 4th March 2010, 18:53   #48
Senior - BHPian

I'm quite surprised that the car turned turtle thrice and the roof didn't collapse. While the Alto may be a well built car, you're still extremely lucky that the roof didn't cave after three impacts.
Old 4th March 2010, 20:29   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble Beast View Post
Woah. You're very lucky to get out of that accident. Isnt the speed breaker which was installed temporarily. It indeed was at a bad spot, adding to it was the slope.

Good to know that you escaped unharmed. My best wishes with you

@gpa, In Delhi, you will see almost every car doing 80-100, the Ring road is well designed for these speeds and as stated by Harish, the slower drives get rear ended.
yes you're right , it was right at that temporary speed breaker that it happened. You also mentioned correctly that the slope added more to the existing speed.

And not to forget, thanks for your wishes
Old 4th March 2010, 22:32   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I'm quite surprised that the car turned turtle thrice and the roof didn't collapse. While the Alto may be a well built car, you're still extremely lucky that the roof didn't cave after three impacts.
I agree and i'm glad it didn't. It ended up as one of those accidents where the onlookers kept guessing as to how it happened.

When the car came to a halt the front side was towards the wrong side of the road and the drivers door towards the sky. The impression that it gave was that i was driving on the wrong side of the road.

From a onlookers perspective it was tough to gauge what actually happened.
Old 5th March 2010, 12:25   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since the car was totally redone and repainted i had a few problems after it was delivered to me.

I will shortly post the entire report of the experience from the insurance to the after effects of this accident.

I hope and pray for myself that i don't meet with anymore accidents in this car and am able to use it to the maximum.
The very next morning me and my brother went to DD motors to see the actual condition of the car.

Upon seeing the condition we were hell bent on getting it totalled , we got the appointment with the surveyor after 2 days and decided to bribe him if needed to declare the car totalled or atleast get a new body shell.

After 2 days

We met the surveyor , he was a guy around 55 and well educated ( unlike other surveyors that i met in the past ). After telling him how it happened etc and that we don't want to keep the car he refused. After a little push we came to know that he stayed in our neighborhood , he asked me to come to his place in the evening and he would show the album of vehicles which were declared as total loss.

I went to his home in the evening ( he had a nice plush house ) and he spent about 1.5 hours with me trying to convince me why this car cannot be declared as totalled. According to him the repair cost should atleast be 75% or more of the sum insured ( which was close to 1.80 lakhs ).

The DD motors guys gave and estimate of about Rs 1 , 10 , 000 and about 30 k from my pocket. I had no choice and gave a go ahead.
Old 5th March 2010, 12:50   #52
Senior - BHPian

DD motors told me that they would take 15 days to give the car back , a car fanatic that i am i used to go there every 2 days to check on the progress , this was to make sure that they don't do any jugaad on my ride.

On around the 12th or 13 day it didn't even look close to be repaired and delivered.

I also forgot to mention that as we had decided to get it totalled , we got the alloys removed and replaced it with my 800's tyres and the stock alto alloys which i had not disposed when i got the alloys installed.

i instructed them to keep the K&N and the FFE on and they looked at me in awe as i was concerned about those things which were not too important for them

here are few pictures when i visited the repair shop on 12th or 13th day. I have few more but ill have to look for them.
Attached Thumbnails
My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-170520092196.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-170520092197.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-170520092198.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-170520092199.jpg  

Old 5th March 2010, 13:15   #53
Senior - BHPian

Here are few more pics that i found.

Now this guy installed the original rvm ( 2nd pic ) which i hated. I asked him to immediately remove it and that i would get the Zen type RVM's when i come to take the delivery of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-170520092200.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-170520092201.jpg  

Old 8th March 2010, 14:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

I got the car back after about 35 days , unfortunately i was out on a rafting trip with my friends so my brother and wife had to go and collect the car.

I asked my brother to take a proper test drive to check the car and he said everything was working fine.

I reached Delhi the next day and was very excited to see the car. I first took it to the temple to get a Pooja done and then started the process of getting everything back like stereo , alloys , RVM's , films , black taping etc to bring it back to the same form.

So within the next 2 days the car was back in form as it was before the accident. It was running fine for about a week when suddenly my gear got stuck on my way back to home from work..Story continues..
Old 9th March 2010, 10:08   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got the car back after about 35 days , unfortunately i was out on a rafting trip with my friends so my brother and wife had to go and collect the car.

I asked my brother to take a proper test drive to check the car and he said everything was working fine.

I reached Delhi the next day and was very excited to see the car. I first took it to the temple to get a Pooja done and then started the process of getting everything back like stereo , alloys , RVM's , films , black taping etc to bring it back to the same form.

So within the next 2 days the car was back in form as it was before the accident. It was running fine for about a week when suddenly my gear got stuck on my way back to home from work..Story continues..
I was returning back home from work and suddenly the gears stopped budging , i tried forcing them and managed to change only from neutral to 1st gear and 1st to 2nd gear and back. I was shocked as the car was just repaired totally a few days back , i thought of directly going to DD motors and did it too. They looked into the issue and took a lot of time to fix it , soon after they fixed it i still felt jerks while shifting the gears but the mechanic told me that it was fine and it's just in my mind what i was feeling.

I felt like smashing his face when he said this ( i was like , dude i've driven over 1.5 lac kms and you're telling me that i can't figure out if there's some problem in the gears ). I escalated the matter to the head mechanic there and he did find some fault and fixed it ( for some strange reason he removed one of the tyres too ).

Here are a few pictures of the car that i took while it was under the scissors. The Sardarji in the pic was the head mechanic.
Attached Thumbnails
My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-200620092458.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-200620092459.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-200620092460.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-200620092461.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-200620092462.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-200620092463.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-200620092464.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-200620092465.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-200620092466.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-200620092467.jpg  

Old 14th March 2010, 01:46   #56
Senior - BHPian

Soon after this fixture the gears seemed to work perfectly fine but soon after a couple of weeks i started to face the same problem again...
Old 20th March 2010, 23:22   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Soon after this fixture the gears seemed to work perfectly fine but soon after a couple of weeks i started to face the same problem again...
I again started facing the same problem and decided to get the car fixed once and for all. I went to DD motors stood on their head and got it fixed..luckily it was the last time and i finally got the car fixed the way it was before the accident happened.
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:37   #58
Senior - BHPian

I'm not sure if i'm sounding boring or interesting but i'll be really happy if alto owners here can benefit even 1 % from any of my experiences.

Update - Today i got the pollution done as it expired a couple of days back , got the alignment done as it was kinda out.

The platform on which my K&N was installed had also broken so went to KAKA in CP to get that fixed.

Damage to pocket

Pollution certificate - Rs 45
Alignment - Rs 165
Fixing K&N platform - Rs 100
Attached Thumbnails
My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-photo1176.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-photo1177.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-photo1178.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-photo1179.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-photo1180.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-photo1181.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-photo1182.jpg  

Last edited by harishnayak : 22nd March 2010 at 16:40. Reason: addition
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:50   #59
Senior - BHPian

Just Rs 165.00 for alignment? That sounds very inexpensive. I have to do the first rotation/alignment in another 750 KM. Are these rates standard?
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:13   #60
BHPian

@ Harish: Nice ride you have there buddy. Even after 5 accidents, Your love for that car, is simply great. Can see, that you have updated the thread regularly (Sometimes there are no responses, but still you have updated). Wishing you many many many more happy miles on that sweet little car. Can you post a recent pic of your car, please?

Enjoy, Drive safe .

Most Viewed