Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 23:57   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Can someone PLEASE tell me how to prevent the interior lights from coming on everytime I unlock the car / open a door ? The interior lights up like diwali and attracts too much attention on the street.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Im having the same problem and it lights up like a stadium inside with both the front and back lights coming on !!

Am managing by switching off the lights as i open the door !
i Guess the solution lies in whatever substitute you have for iDrive in CE. For models with iDrive, It is just a matter of going into main menu > Settings > Lights.

I hope I got all this right. Will check up once again tomorrow.
Old 2nd April 2010, 20:25   #137
BHPian

I am not sure whether you have seen my introduction - I started surfing Team-BHP since I was exploring the BMW 320D CE and the reviews/comments by flyingspur / Sahil & company really helped and actually migrated me from an already selected Accord 2.4 A/T - thank you guys, especially flying spur - instantly connected to your emotions and remembered your line about leaving / forgetting the "Highline Jazz of INR 8L+" behind once you push the pedal in the test drive.

Well I have gone ahead and booked my car to avail the pre budget price - a Black 320D CE..this is even 1L less since they are fully manual seats..unlike the semi-automatic...I did'nt see much value there...coz everything else is the same...although the dealer said you will have to get up to put the seat up or down..

While I have booked the car, am working out the finances since its gonna be a big step from a Korean to a German (completely bypassing Japan) . I have a few very nice interior snaps of the 320DCE but am not sure whether I can upload them with my membership status..

I have gone through this thread extensively - just need to know flyingspurs experience with the run flats...and want to know the following:-

@ Sahil - Where is the shop for cleaning interiors in Colaba mentioned on the thread?
@ Flyingspur - Which film/tint did you finally get.

Also, my delivery would be most probably next week. Any specific checks I need to conduct on the car during that time..please guide me..

cant wait to get behind the wheel...
Old 2nd April 2010, 21:57   #138
BHPian

Congratulations contangoback on your booking!
So a Bimmer soon in your garage?
And yes you can upload images.
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:23   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone PLEASE tell me how to prevent the interior lights from coming on everytime I unlock the car / open a door ? The interior lights up like diwali and attracts too much attention on the street.
Yes the option can be found on the iDrive, have no idea how to do it in yours. Check the owners manual probably
Old 6th April 2010, 12:29   #140
BHPian

Picked up a 320D CE. Nice cars but with 2 shortcomings.

1. Steering is quite hard at low speeds. Wish that it had servotronic. Nothing can be done about this and will just have to live with it.
2. Halogen Low beams are quite weak with poor brightness and spread. What are my options in this regard with costs?
Old 6th April 2010, 12:51   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackyash View Post
Picked up a 320D CE.
Congratulations !! Do start a thread. Which colour? Get us some pictures !!

Quote:
1. Steering is quite hard at low speeds. Wish that it had servotronic. Nothing can be done about this and will just have to live with it.
You should get used to it in a few days. What other cars do you drive? I have to switch between the i20 and the 3 almost on a daily basis, and the difference between the EPS and the 3's steering is a pain. End up flicking about the i20 too mcuh after the 3, and the 3 seems like a workout after the i20.

Quote:
2. Halogen Low beams are quite weak with poor brightness and spread. What are my options in this regard with costs?
Really? I've had no problems with mine.
Old 11th April 2010, 11:14   #142
Senior - BHPian

By the way, what fuel am I supposed to be using with this? Regular diesel?
Old 11th April 2010, 11:17   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
yes please. dont put in any 'premium' diesel like speed, turbojet etc.
Old 12th April 2010, 10:43   #144
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackyash View Post
Steering is quite hard at low speeds. Wish that it had servotronic. Nothing can be done about this and will just have to live with it.
Known complaint with the current gen 3 series. The heavy steering can get annoying in traffic. What I find strange is that the unit from the 5 series feels lighter!

Quote:
Remember, for a complicated German car more than any other, pure regular diesel is mandatory. Research around in your locality and find a company-owned company-operated / highly reputable petrol pump. No premium diesel please.
Old 12th April 2010, 10:50   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contangoback View Post

@ Sahil - Where is the shop for cleaning interiors in Colaba mentioned on the thread?
It's near the Colaba bus depot. Contact: Sachin-982018442
Old 12th April 2010, 11:31   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Known complaint with the current gen 3 series. The heavy steering can get annoying in traffic. What I find strange is that the unit from the 5 series feels lighter!
Unless you spend more than an hour in slow moving traffic, it's bearable.

Quote:
Remember, for a complicated German car more than any other, pure regular diesel is mandatory. Research around in your locality and find a company-owned company-operated / highly reputable petrol pump. No premium diesel please.
I fill up at the HP bunk on the junction of Turner / Linking / SV Road.

@ Sahil : Where do you fill up, neighbour?
Old 12th April 2010, 11:37   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I fill up at the HP bunk on the junction of Turner / Linking / SV Road.
Same pinch !

Have been filling from the same pump for over 2 decades.
Old 12th April 2010, 11:42   #148
Senior - BHPian

Everyone's recommending regular diesel over premium diesel. Why? Is it the same with petrol also?
Old 12th April 2010, 19:16   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Everyone's recommending regular diesel over premium diesel. Why? Is it the same with petrol also?
In petrols, one should generally fill regular in Korean and Japanese vehicles, but I guess there are exceptions like Accord V6 and others. Germans should be filled with premium ones.
Old 12th April 2010, 21:54   #150
BHPian

Premium fuels have additives that can damage the engine of the car. My Audi service adviser also asked to stick to regular.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks