Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2010, 08:43   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Godfather View Post
Wops! 20k for a tyre? ahem ahem...

@PlatzdaTurbo, ^^ Why you need to preserve your car? Arent they meant to drive?

Boss...all i meant was i need to go a bit easy on her. there are 3 other cars ( 2 of which are primarily for city use ) lying relatively unused in comparison. Late nights when im bugged, i just take the Audi and dash out towards nariman point. Its gotten way too frequent. N then i also am a little too touchy about cars and for me they are as good as living things you see... so in my books, they too get "tired"
Old 15th July 2010, 14:50   #212
Senior - BHPian

^ True. I've been doing late night cruises to town frequently as well. Perfectly surfaced roads, no traffic, the city by night looks completely different from the daily ruckus.
Old 16th July 2010, 09:06   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
^ True. I've been doing late night cruises to town frequently as well. Perfectly surfaced roads, no traffic, the city by night looks completely different from the daily ruckus.
but do let me know the next time you take her to town. i still havnt ever been in a 3 series and it would be great to experience it
Old 16th July 2010, 10:06   #214
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Am i missing something here? I mean after worli seaface, where?????
Old 16th July 2010, 10:22   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

i agree to some extent here as beyond worli the roads arnt the best and yet they are better than most suburban roads. On peddar road for instance, i havnt come across any major pothole as such but its not smooth, very grainy.
Old 16th July 2010, 10:48   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
but do let me know the next time you take her to town. i still havnt ever been in a 3 series and it would be great to experience it
Drive down to my place one night and we'll head south for a drive.

Quote:
Arterial roads aren't half as bad as the internal roads of the suburbs I'm used to. Agreed, even Marine Drive has become bumpy and has those annoying joints between the concrete, but it's STILL better than sharp six-inch deep craters. The only stretch I don't like is Heera Panna upto Kemps, which has become awfully bad on either side. You get the point, don't you.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:28   #217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
i agree to some extent here as beyond worli the roads arnt the best and yet they are better than most suburban roads. On peddar road for instance, i havnt come across any major pothole as such but its not smooth, very grainy.
Look again next time my friend. All those manhole, covers every few meters which are a couple of inches below the road surface do count as potholes to me at least.

Quote:
Arterial roads aren't half as bad as the internal roads of the suburbs I'm used to. Agreed, even Marine Drive has become bumpy and has those annoying joints between the concrete, but it's STILL better than sharp six-inch deep craters. The only stretch I don't like is Heera Panna upto Kemps, which has become awfully bad on either side. You get the point, don't you.
Haha yes I do get what your saying. But its no fun if you have to keep slowing down because of bad patches everywhere. And lets not even get started on the way they *ahem* 'repair' potholes, they are filled with loose tar which disappears after 2 days. And yes, peddar road is completely messed up.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:55   #218
BHPian

Quote:
I was on marine lines yesterday, and couldnt help noticing that the road was quite good. better than marine drive.
Old 16th July 2010, 12:45   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Drive down to my place one night and we'll head south for a drive.
Sure just tell me when and il zip down

Arterial roads aren't half as bad as the internal roads of the suburbs I'm used to. Agreed, even Marine Drive has become bumpy and has those annoying joints between the concrete, but it's STILL better than sharp six-inch deep craters. The only stretch I don't like is Heera Panna upto Kemps, which has become awfully bad on either side. [/quote]

yup exactly, that really is 1 hell of a notorious patch

Quote:
Look again next time my friend. All those manhole, covers every few meters which are a couple of inches below the road surface do count as potholes to me at least.
Then again, i dont i am as frequent down peddar road as you are. Just an assumption
Old 17th July 2010, 11:34   #220
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod : Lets not go off-topic here, guys. Please restrict this discussion to only include posts on the 320d.
Old 27th July 2010, 20:40   #221
Senior - BHPian

Finally !!

Dumped the stock RFT's (Bridgestone Turanza ER300) for Continental CPC2 regular tubeless tyres.

Report and first impressions here, more in detail after a few hundred kms of usage.
Old 15th August 2010, 00:07   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

....eh? Moi?
Sorry guess I got you mixed with someone else then

I keep coming back to this thread somehow! This morning on the expressway saw a black beaut of a 5 series. Wifey also admired it and asked how much it costs. I paused for thought and told her we'd have to sell our house to buy it. Then cleverly took her to the VW dealership this evening where we found out everything we needed to know about the Vento AT
Old 15th August 2010, 10:28   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I keep coming back to this thread somehow! This morning on the expressway saw a black beaut of a 5 series. Wifey also admired it and asked how much it costs. I paused for thought and told her we'd have to sell our house to buy it. Then cleverly took her to the VW dealership this evening where we found out everything we needed to know about the Vento AT
Niiiiiiiiiceee Hope you pick one up soon. There's not much happening with my car, the biggest thing was the switch to regular tubeless which is highlighted in my previous post. Car has crosses 6,000 km now, miles and miles of JOY. We're actually using this one really slowly compared to the rest of our cars, it should have crossed about 9,000 by now, considering it's already been 5 months.
Old 19th August 2010, 17:39   #224
BHPian

I read on google that 320d gives a mileage of 44mpg which roughly translates to 18kmpl.

Im surprised you are getting 8ish unless the miles are Imperial miles and not US miles and to which I might have answered my own question.

- Cheers !
Old 19th August 2010, 19:03   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
I read on google that 320d gives a mileage of 44mpg which roughly translates to 18kmpl.
I've got 14.8 on one trip. It was a very lightfooted expressway trip which included some city traffic as well. Those figures are always "under ideal driivng conditions".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks