Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 12:01   #256
Senior - BHPian

Well - although I may not have driven or owned a Bimmer, I had taken umpteen number of rides on a 328i in US (my manager's). Never did it occur to me that the ride is harsh or whatsoever. Maybe for Indian road conditions, BMW should have thought otherwise.
Old 7th September 2010, 10:28   #257
Senior - BHPian

All the M3's that I have seen were on tubeless tyres. Why don't they put RFT's there ?? Needless to say the M3 has way more power than the 320d. As a passenger I was taken aback by the G-Forces, so you can well imagine what the tyres must be going thru.

After the short drive maybe 15 kms, the heat from the brakes could be felt at a distance of atleast 2-3 feet. Point being that when an M3's power is handled by the Tubeless tyres, I am sure the 320's & 530"s would run quite happily with them as well. Just check the speed rating of the tyre - that is all.

Cheers
Old 9th September 2010, 11:11   #258
Senior - BHPian

So, it’s been six months since, well, life changed! Yes, it does change everything. One moment , you’re a little kid with a Beemer twinkling in your eyes, and you’re wondering when you will ever get your hands on one. And then suddenly, that moment arrives. I still find myself grinning every time I drive it.

BMW 320d : The Expression of Joy-photo1028.jpg

Yesterday the car completed exactly 6 months and crossed 7000 km. Going by our normal usage for the primary car, this is actually a little less. I attribute that to some idle time and very low usage while I was attempting to resolve the RFT issue.

FE figures continue to be impressive, the car regularly returns about 8.5 kmpl in the city through crawling traffic and AC on 100%. Furthermore, spirited driving only seems to increase the overall efficiency

The MID has now prompted first service due within the next 2000 km. I think I will send it a little earlier, maybe in the last week of September. No real issues as such, and touchwood, the oil top-up has not been prompted yet either. The ride with the RFT’s has made the car a lot more usable now.

Next update after the service is completed.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 9th September 2010 at 11:30.
Old 2nd October 2010, 20:56   #259
BHPian

Are you planing to change the headlights?

I'm changing the ones on mine to the highline ones. With full xenon.also getting my rims painted black
Old 2nd October 2010, 21:02   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
I'm changing the ones on mine to the highline ones. With full xenon.also getting my rims painted black
Please tell me how much both cost, separately. I love the rims too much to paint them, and they'll look stupid on my colour without a chrome lip. But the headlamps... hmmm
Old 2nd October 2010, 21:17   #261
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Please tell me how much both cost, separately. I love the rims too much to paint them, and they'll look stupid on my colour without a chrome lip. But the headlamps... hmmm
The rims look great as they are. IMO they are too small to look good in black. Also about the headlights, I think Philips has some HID kits that are compatible with can-bus systems, might be worth checking up on that. With those you wouldnt get the bulb fused warning because of lower voltage etc.
Old 2nd October 2010, 21:34   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Getting them from dubai. They will be around 70k for 2.
Old 3rd October 2010, 10:34   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Getting them done ( xenons ) from Navnit or Infiniti would cost a bomb i presume ??
Old 3rd October 2010, 16:56   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Getting them done ( xenons ) from Navnit or Infiniti would cost a bomb i presume ??
55,000 a headlight. Thats what i got from bavaria motors
Old 6th October 2010, 00:38   #265
BHPian

Hello Flying spur,

All one must say after going through your thread is that its aptly named - Expression of joy.

A couple of questions on the service plan and the secure since i am new to premium segment. I remember somewhere in this thread the BSI priced at 1.5l & 2.85l for 3 and 5 yr respectively while the Secure at 55k anually.

What is not covered in the service plan ? I assume some exceptions
The secure you pay up is on top of the regular Insurance ? In either case, what are the merits?
Why is one not entitled to NCB.In the past 3 years for about 70k kms i have not claimed any insurance. I assume many of us in the same league.
What is your take on spares and labour cost compared to the likes of skoda laura/superb or the Accord. ( I am not talking about reliabilty).
Old 6th October 2010, 01:06   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
What is not covered in the service plan?
Accidental damage. Basically all wear & tear is covered.

Quote:
The secure you pay up is on top of the regular Insurance? In either case, what are the merits?
Yes. Apparently 100% depreciation in case of accidental damage. But again, there are T&C in it. Best to go through it yourself and decide whether it suits.

Quote:
Why is one not entitled to NCB.In the past 3 years for about 70k kms i have not claimed any insurance.
Best to ask Sahil about that.

Quote:
What is your take on spares and labour cost compared to the likes of skoda laura/superb or the Accord.
An estimate; compared to Accord, much much higher. Compared to the Skodas, much higher.
Old 9th October 2010, 20:14   #267
BHPian

Hi flying spur, since you have recently bought the CE, my uncle is planning to buy one in a months time. He intends to do a complete down payment. How much discount should be a good amount to ask for. Also the dealer, Infiniti @nehru planetarium says no end of the year discounts. Doesnt sound fair?

He says he will be giving some deal on the secure as well as the service package, totally clueless here about what should I consider a good deal? OTR is 29L. Thanks :-)
Old 10th October 2010, 02:02   #268
Senior - BHPian

@ MihirC : Approach Navnit, see what they have to say. Push for atleast 1-2 lacs. The E90 is at the end of its life cycle, a huge discount is definitely in order. What offer are they giving on the service package ?? That might just be worth it.
Old 10th October 2010, 13:56   #269
BHPian

Quote:
@ MihirC : Approach Navnit, see what they have to say. Push for atleast 1-2 lacs. The E90 is at the end of its life cycle, a huge discount is definitely in order. What offer are they giving on the service package ?? That might just be worth it.
Will talk to Navnit soon. Well Infiniti will be sending the quote on monday, will check up and let you know. Thanks mate. Forgot to mention They have said they will try and fit in replacing the runflats with tubeless and make it a part of the package. Lets see.

Last edited by MihirC : 10th October 2010 at 14:09.
Old 13th October 2010, 12:58   #270
BHPian

Just to let you know, I'm getting 330i alloys painted black and 2010 xenon headlights fitted by end of this month. Will come with my car to mumbai

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks