Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2010, 01:58   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post

I will PM you details of the place. Deciding between Garware (recommended by Sahil) and 3M (on my i20) for the sides and back. Front is 3M CR70 for sure.

No time for MSN !!
yes please do. need to get xenons and front windscreen film for my accord this week.
Old 9th March 2010, 09:42   #62
Senior - BHPian

FS, The beast looks stunning. Alloys are awesome.
What was the on road price of the vehicle?

Need some interior pics as well.
Old 9th March 2010, 13:33   #63
BHPian

I LOVE the rims. These are exclusive only for corp ed? Trust them to keep the best rims for the so called ' stripped down' version. Congrats on a fine buy. Am sure you are dangling somewhere in between cloud no. 9 and 10 right now!!
Old 9th March 2010, 16:37   #64
Senior - BHPian

darn, i missed this thread had pure JOY reading through the thread.
have safe miles ahead! Enjoy all the admiration.

Please post some tinted pics as well
Old 9th March 2010, 16:56   #65
Senior - BHPian

JOY for you, joy for others who see.

Congrats on the buy. Nice review too, dont think you missed any ( other than OTR ).

Let me too; nice alloys
Old 9th March 2010, 17:18   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Black is not preferred (not my personal choice). But that's the whole point Gomz. My car's Monaco Blue
Quote:
@ Indra : The car IS Monaco Blue
hehe, I see you going blue in the face telling people the colour. That 1st pic got me convinced its black although the other pics did give a hint otherwise.

A Beemer in any colour is still a sexy machine

*note to myself: look for pre-owned CorpEd's in 2-3 yrs *
Old 9th March 2010, 17:25   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
hehe, I see you going blue in the face telling people the colour. That 1st pic got me convinced its black although the other pics did give a hint otherwise.
Yep. I dunno whether its the pics or not but that is a rather deceptive blue. As mentioned by many others, great wheels!
Old 9th March 2010, 19:49   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
I LOVE the rims. These are exclusive only for corp ed? Trust them to keep the best rims for the so called ' stripped down' version. Congrats on a fine buy. Am sure you are dangling somewhere in between cloud no. 9 and 10 right now!!
Yeah, they're for the CorpEd only. And that's killer, because when I first heard of a stripped down 3, the first things that went *poof* from the pic in my head were the alloys and automatic. If these and the leatherette weren't there, THAT would have been the deal-breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Please post some tinted pics as well.
Soon! Once I get home from work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats on the buy. Nice review too, dont think you missed any.
Oh. Well my review isn't even there yet !! Infact I have to review the actual car yet, my write-up is pending. What I've posted till now is just the emotion. Which is what it's all about, frankly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
hehe, I see you going blue in the face telling people the colour.
I enjoy it. And it serves the purpose perfectly, because my dad selected the colour because it is almost black and he dislikes black as such. Win-win for everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Yep. I dunno whether its the pics or not but that is a rather deceptive blue. As mentioned by many others, great wheels!
It puzzles me from some angles too. I'm starting to think the wheels are the stars of this car !!
Old 9th March 2010, 19:55   #69
BHPian

Congrats on the 320d Flyingspur.

I have both the 320d and 530d.

Let me tell you that I enjoy the 320d more, especially around the ghats and twisties as she handles much better than the 530d. (530d sits higher and is more comfort oriented, with softer springs).

The 320d is a brilliant handler and the power is just right for that chassis.

Have fun !
Old 9th March 2010, 22:58   #70
Senior - BHPian

Got a few more. By the time the sunflims were installed it was late evening. Hence no pics.

BMW 320d : The Expression of Joy-photo0493.jpg

BMW 320d : The Expression of Joy-photo0494temp.jpg

BMW 320d : The Expression of Joy-photo0505.jpg

BMW 320d : The Expression of Joy-photo0502temp.jpg

BMW 320d : The Expression of Joy-photo0520.jpg

BMW 320d : The Expression of Joy-photo0522.jpg

I like this one.

BMW 320d : The Expression of Joy-photo0498.jpg
Old 9th March 2010, 23:01   #71
BHPian

Last pic is amazing.
Seems like bimmer is sneaking up on me.
Old 9th March 2010, 23:16   #72
BHPian

Flyingspur, welcome to the club.

Congrats on the amazing buy (the first CE 3series on the forum I think)

We own a 2007 baseline which is only marginally more well equipped than the CE 320d. Let me assure you that you're not missing ANYTHING!

Once you slot this baby into DS and slam her into kickdown, the way it snarls and flushes sanity out the exhaust will have you smiling ear to ear every time. You won't have time to fiddle with the iDrive anyway

Also, the chassis control is ASDFWAEF AWSG#$T% #%$TW$% Y$W%Y !!!

^ My Expression of Joy.

Cheers and haffun
Old 9th March 2010, 23:59   #73
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Nitro, I've been following your thread closely, I think I've seen your car's pics a hundred times in the last few months since you started the thread, always wishing... always wishing...

Well whaddaya know the 320d pre-LCI was a good value package in itself, with the electric seats and all that. And yeah, I'm not missing anything on my car. I just love it. I just LOVE it !!

BTW, Indra's was the first 320d CorpEd on the forum. Check P4 of this thread for a couple of pic from him. White hot.
Old 10th March 2010, 15:57   #74
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on a well-priced BMW! Great car at a great price. I must say, those corporate ed wheels have a better design than what I've seen on a highline!

Personally, I'm glad to see BMW take the lead with corporate ed prices and bringing the 3 series down to more realistic levels. Mercedes is single-handedly responsible for taking the C-Class category from 22 lakhs in 2003 to 33 lakhs today.

Flyingspur, first the i20 (a premium hatch), then the 320d (a premium German diesel). What's next? Drive safe, will ya.
Old 10th March 2010, 20:18   #75
Senior - BHPian

^^

Thanks man, I don't know what you're talking about though when you mean 33 lac segment. That was probably a couple of years back. Merc is of course a big culprit in this regard, but since this wasn't exactly an overnight decision, I've been tracing BMW prices for a while now. it's not just Merc jacking up prices steadily. I distinctly remember the pre-facelift 320d Highline @ 34.84L OTR Mumbai (Individual) just before the facelift came in. Then at the end of 2009, it was 36.47L, and by the time 2010 had set in, it was 37.06L !! And if that wasn't bad enough, a C220 CDI Elegance was ~37L with no electric seats, no electric retracting mirrors, no Command system (only radio display). My dad was like if it's so stripped down a version then why not the CorpEd? Atleast they've launched the Avantgarde with all these missing features now, but even that is about 1-1.5L more expensive than the Elegance. The 325i and C230 were already at near-as-makes-no-difference 40L.

Oh, and just in case it's only Germany being affected by wonderful hypothetical cost inflations btw, the Passat has only gone up from 27.86L OTR about 2 years ago, to ~28.5L now.

What's next for us? Nothing for a while. With the Corolla also around for a few more years, this garage is saturated

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks