Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2010, 13:47   #1

Getz - 33000 Km Done, Drop in FE, need advice

Hello All,
I have a 06 Getz Gls done 33km giving absolutely no problems. I get a mileage of 11+ in the city and 13+ on highways.
Of late for the last couple of full tanks the mileage has gone drastically down to 8 and 10. Is that normal? The service advisor of Kothari Pune suggested that I should change my spark plug as that might be the reason for the sudden drop.
Is anyone else facing such problems?
Can anyone advise what might be the reason?
Regards
mahesh
Old 9th March 2010, 14:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Try sticking to a known fuel station. Was there a change in driving style or driver? Try cleaning the air filter, check air pressure.

I dont think one need to change spark plugs at 33k.
Old 9th March 2010, 14:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hope you had carried out 30K Kms servicing for Getz & it should have included change of all fluids along with change of fuel filter & air filter (if not done earlier). Before changing spark plugs, clean air filter & see it that helps.
Secondly, also look at what else has changed recently e.g. change of petrol pump.
Old 9th March 2010, 15:12   #4

Yes I have done the 30 Km servicing and which included all the required changes apart from the spark plug. For petrol filling I generally get it filled from the company operated pumps and none other than them. Tyre pressure was checked and is perfect.
One question though can I clean the air filter on my own or I need to take it to the service station?

Regards
Mahesh
Old 9th March 2010, 15:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshbangali View Post
One question though can I clean the air filter on my own or I need to take it to the service station?
Have a look at this thread, it has some posts that explain cleaning method. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...l-economy.html

Most Viewed