Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2011, 12:38   #16
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi ZXi 60,000 kms. review / Still fida over the fiesta

Help needed : Handbrake indication on display at all times even when the handbrake is completely released, even while driving. What could be causing this?
Old 12th January 2011, 13:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Maybe the handbrake sensor is malfunctioning causing the indication on the dashboard. Getting it rectified by the workshop would be a good alternative.

I am sure the hand brake is doing its job since your car movement is unhindered coz of the indication.
Old 12th January 2011, 22:35   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Help needed : Handbrake indication on display at all times even when the handbrake is completely released, even while driving. What could be causing this?
It might indicate a problem with the Braking system itself rather than the parking brakes only.

I remember reading somewhere in the Ford manual that blinking of this warning light indicates a problem with the Braking System.

Get it checked by a Ford ASC.
Old 13th January 2011, 16:10   #19
BHPian

@ ghodlur, antriksh, many thanks for your help.

Had planned to take the car over to the workshop over the weekend. However, today morning, as I was nearing office, the fan belt gave away. Initially, there was a clinking sound and I thought a free twing from the tree or a barbed wire from the road might have got entangled. However, the dashboard suddenly indicated esclating heating, a numb steering and the low battery indication. I opened the bonnet and realised the fan belt was MISSING. It was lying in shreds within the spaces it could find.

I called up my local mechanic and he showed up in 15 mins. I was picked by the office car and the mechanic took the car to his workshop. He replaced the fanbelt. topped up the brake fluid and power steering fluid.

The handbrake light indication vanished. The clanking sound I was experiencing while braking also vanished.

Total cost : INR 2300.

However, I will still take it to the Ford Workshop for a checkup.

The car is close to 5 years old and I expect some niggles to crop up now and then on account of normal wear and tear keeping in mind the rough Delhi driving.

Sugeeta
Old 14th January 2011, 07:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that the hand brake indication is gone.

When was the last time the fan belt was inspected. I mean was there already any signs of wear? The entwining of a twig I guess was the last straw the belt could take. But I fail to understand how could the twig reach the fan belt area.

Still a good decision to show it to Ford
Old 17th January 2011, 17:41   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Good to know that the hand brake indication is gone.

When was the last time the fan belt was inspected. I mean was there already any signs of wear? The entwining of a twig I guess was the last straw the belt could take. But I fail to understand how could the twig reach the fan belt area.

Still a good decision to show it to Ford

Ghodlur,

No, a twig did not manage to reach the fan belt. Although it sounded like one. It was the sound of the fan belt snapping

Yes. there were signs of wear. Had hoped to point this out during the last service, but completely forgot. This was the Original fan belt though. Have been extremely busy with professional commitments and my children's studies and not been able to think of too much else recently.

Hope things to ease out a bit so that I am back in form before the new Fiesta hits Indian roads.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers/Sugeeta
Old 7th March 2011, 18:14   #22
BHPian

Recently I have observed while shifting from 1st to 2nd gear, there is not problem. However, when I want to shift to the 3rd gear, the action requires more effort, as if the gear is stuck in the 2nd slot. Anyone else faced this problem? Problem has been persisting for the last 3 weeks.

Want to use this car to 100,000 Kms., so have to keep it in good shape.
Old 7th March 2011, 21:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Probably needs a clutch bleeding and gear oil change for gears and clutch.
Given the kms, there is a good chance that this smoothens up the shifting.
I had a slight 'judder' issue with my Lancer around 70k, and the above procedure (recommended by fellow tbhpians) worked fine. I am now @82k and haven't had a reason to change the gearbox :-)
Old 8th March 2011, 12:32   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Probably needs a clutch bleeding and gear oil change for gears and clutch.
Given the kms, there is a good chance that this smoothens up the shifting.
I had a slight 'judder' issue with my Lancer around 70k, and the above procedure (recommended by fellow tbhpians) worked fine. I am now @82k and haven't had a reason to change the gearbox :-)
@lancer_rit, will try this approach and see the difference. Thankyou for the information.
Old 4th April 2011, 12:49   #25
BHPian

Her Royal Highness, Queen Mother Fiesta the Fantastic

Car turns 5 years old on 10th April, 2011. Has been through the following in the last week of March :

1. Replacement of Bearing Assembly / Fan Belt
2. Replacement of Clutch Master Cylinder
3. Service
4. Oil Change for Gear & Clutch (based on suggestions from lancer_rit)
5. Replacement of Mud Flaps & Wiper Blades

And voila !! the car runs beautifully again.

What remains to be done :

1. Front Bumper replacement. But I am still contemplating whether to go ahead or to leave it for the time being. With escalating parking problems in my area, displaced bumpers is something we will have to resign ourselves to.
2. Dry Cleaning of seats.

With me already drooling over the new Fiesta, it is going to be very hard to part with this car.

The Fiesta has matured so gracefully and elegantly, almost oozing a royal aura about her.

I want to rechristen this car :

Her Royal Highness, Queen Mother Fiesta the Fantastic.
Old 4th April 2011, 12:57   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Eddy,

I was equally surprised !

This is a made for Ford Battery. The previous one of the same make lasted till now, which is 4.5 yrs. (still had some more strength, I presume).
Your Ford battery will last easily for 6-7 years if while starting you wait for the yellow lights to go off and then start the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I replaced my Fusion Battery (Again Ford Showroom) for ~4K. It was not 7K for sure and also not 2.5K!
Fusion Diesel battery cost at South City Ford Noida is 2850/- (installment charges not known). Moreover the battery for the diesel and petrol variants is slightly different even though they have the same serial no. and look exactly the same. The only giveaway is a small sticker that says D on it.

Quote:
Got this rectified? What was the cause.
Old 4th April 2011, 13:08   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Your Ford battery will last easily for 6-7 years if while starting you wait for the yellow lights to go off and then start the engine.

Got this rectified? What was the cause.
Thanks for the tip on the Battery. Will exercise more caution in future.

The cause for brake light indication was low brake oil levels. Topping up resulted in better braking besides the indication going away.

Was not very impressed with the service staff this time at Harpreet though. They are overworked, impolite and disorganized. Mr. Krishnan (Harpreet Ford), though was a big help in resolving matters. Usually prefer South City Ford, since they were a stone's throw away from where I work on Mathura Road. But they have moved off to Noida, so I am compelled to go to Harpreet Ford at Moti Nagar, as it closer home.

Had to take half a day off, sit on their heads to get the work done.
Old 4th April 2011, 16:06   #28
BANNED

Quote:

Was not very impressed with the service staff this time at Harpreet though. They are overworked, impolite and disorganized. Mr. Krishnan (Harpreet Ford), though was a big help in resolving matters. Usually prefer South City Ford, since they were a stone's throw away from where I work on Mathura Road. But they have moved off to Noida, so I am compelled to go to Harpreet Ford at Moti Nagar, as it closer home.

Had to take half a day off, sit on their heads to get the work done.
Agreed, South City Ford is much better than Harpreet Ford. Even the Service advisors at harpreet ford who own ford cars get their car work done up at south city ford.

Here are the South City honors list for you to remember:

1. Best SA : Pawan
2. Best Mechanic : Deepak Kumar
3. Most helpful guy : The guy who is i guess the floor incharge and sits at a table on the left when you step inside the workshop and walk a few steps inwards, i can't recall his name.
4. Storekeeper : Kamal (very helpful)
5. Accessories : Rajesh
6. Useless Body Shop Incharge : Anil Sharma
7. Workshop incharge : Neeraj Chibba (from Bhagat Ford)

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 4th April 2011 at 16:07.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2011, 17:02   #29
BHPian

I can draw up a partial ones at Harpreet Moti, Nagar :

1. Best Bodyshop Guy : Jasbir Singh
2. Disorganised SA : Neeraj Kumar
3. Most Rude & Impolite : Saurabh Pathak
4. Most Customer Oriented : Mr. Krishnan
5. Most well mannered : Ms. Neha, Customer Relations
6. another good SA, another sikh gentleman : don't recollect his name, have written it somewhere

Ikon was purchased from Harpreet
Fiesta was purchased from South City
Cousin's Endeavour again from South City

"Even the Service advisors at harpreet ford who own ford cars get their car work done up at south city ford." This is hilarious!!

Last edited by Sugeeta : 4th April 2011 at 17:04.
Old 8th April 2011, 14:30   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
"Even the Service advisors at harpreet ford who own ford cars get their car work done up at south city ford." This is hilarious!!

This reminds me of a Vodafone store owner in my locality having Airtel connection.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks