Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 22:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
OMG!! You should certainly go for cars that have tank like build quality from mow on. All of your beauties have suffered some mishaps, courtesy the ravaging traffic of the capital.
Nice seat covers, I must say.
The central instrument cluster in the Vista and the Spark still looks a bit queer. Cost cutting certainly takes a toll on the ergonomics.
I kind of agree on this for my spark and alto but it's totally the other way round for my 800 ( 1,20,000 + and going strog )and esteem ( 80 k done and rusting in peace ) which have never met with any accidents.

Got the seat covers for rs 2500. Talking about the center cluster , i liked it when i test drove this car , it looked like that of some NASA plane .
Old 12th April 2010, 22:58   #32
BHPian

NASA plane. I drove my relative's Vista a few months back. It was quite eerie to look at the central speedo time and again. Furthermore, my dad could easily make out the speed I was doing.
Old 13th April 2010, 04:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
NASA plane. I drove my relative's Vista a few months back. It was quite eerie to look at the central speedo time and again. Furthermore, my dad could easily make out the speed I was doing.
I think i worded it wrongly ( NASA place ) , i meant cockpit design. I agree with the fact that all passengers can see the speed and also the fuel gauge which is embarrasing at times.
Old 13th April 2010, 10:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
@H14 - Congrats on you new buy.

The first 14000 kms were smooth and that is when we decided to do a Delhi - Udaipur - Mumbai - goa - Karnataka - Mumbai - Indore - Delhi trip. Soon after decided to do this trip i noticed slight squeaking noise while braking ( this was in the winters in Nov'08 ).

I took the car to Vikas motors moti nagar from where i bought it for the 15 k 3rd free service and asked the guy to check the noise while braking. I don't think he was very well equipped cos he directly told me that it would be replaced with new ones and they were not under warranty too. IMO the noise was due to the winters as this noise used to come only during Delhi's early morning time. Since he told me that it had to be replaced i got a little bit wary but got it done as we had to go for a real loooong trip.

This service set me back by about 2K. I think the brake pads costed around Rs 1400 ( with labour )
The very next day was when we had planned the looong trip. Here's the TL and performance report etc - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...lhi-spark.html

Hope everyone would enjoy it.
Old 13th April 2010, 14:02   #35
h14
BHPian

Quote:
I agree with the fact that all passengers can see the speed and also the fuel gauge which is embarrasing at times.
Well in my case, the LPG gauge is not visible to anyone else except the driver. I'm safe in that regard.
Old 13th April 2010, 23:28   #36
kkg
BHPian

Hi Harish,

I am just back from shimla and would like to share one thing that i noticed there.
Its raining Sparks in the hills, all colors, all variants, many of them with alloys. It was so good to see that.I wonder why it has become the favorite over there. Any idea??

One more thing,the other car that rules the hills these days is ALTO. And you have both of them in your garage. Very GOOD.
Old 14th April 2010, 07:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Well in my case, the LPG gauge is not visible to anyone else except the driver. I'm safe in that regard.
Haha how true

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Hi Harish,

I am just back from shimla and would like to share one thing that i noticed there.
Its raining Sparks in the hills, all colors, all variants, many of them with alloys. It was so good to see that.I wonder why it has become the favorite over there. Any idea??

One more thing,the other car that rules the hills these days is ALTO. And you have both of them in your garage. Very GOOD.
Well i only knew about alto being the hot favourite in the mountains and if you've noticed most of them are NON-AC altos as the weather is generally cold and alto is a high mileage car thus giving higher revenue.

Yup lucky to have both those rides in my garage.
Old 18th April 2010, 00:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

I think the most common problem in spark is the brake pads..i've got mine changed twice already and when it comes to my alto i've not even got the hints of changing it in 81 k kms so far.

Has anyone faced the same issues with spark?
Old 19th April 2010, 15:06   #39
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I think the most common problem in spark is the brake pads..i've got mine changed twice already and when it comes to my alto i've not even got the hints of changing it in 81 k kms so far.

Has anyone faced the same issues with spark?

Yeah may be you are right. I got them changed at 20000 kms service and now the 40000 kms service is due shortly, i have a feeling the people at GM will ask me to change those again.

I remember last time the brake feel was alright but service advisor told me to change the pads as not changing them will damage the disc pad itself. But now i think i shouldn't have gone for it. Even now the brake feel is quite good after 20000 kms with new pads.
Old 19th April 2010, 15:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Yeah may be you are right. I got them changed at 20000 kms service and now the 40000 kms service is due shortly, i have a feeling the people at GM will ask me to change those again.

I remember last time the brake feel was alright but service advisor told me to change the pads as not changing them will damage the disc pad itself. But now i think i shouldn't have gone for it. Even now the brake feel is quite good after 20000 kms with new pads.

You're right dude..i think the problem is more with the advisors than the vehicle itself. I guess we have to take some stand against them.
Old 25th April 2010, 02:11   #41
Senior - BHPian

I'm just wondering if i should get the alloys silver lipped by getting the centre portion painted in black.

Not sure where to get this done in Delhi and if it's effective enough. Also planning to get the black matte effect on the rear lights to give the car a complete black deadly look.

Can anyone help me with this..maybe PS my car. I can give fresh photos from different angles if required.
Old 7th May 2010, 06:22   #42
Senior - BHPian

Wishing my Sparky Many happy returns of the day on her 2nd B'day today.

I'll be gifting you with new shoes soon. Way to go girl.
Old 26th May 2010, 02:25   #43
BHPian

Nice writeup - I own a spark too

I really liked these alloys
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Spark - Owners report-spark-alloys.jpg  

Last edited by quadra : 26th May 2010 at 02:38.
Old 26th May 2010, 23:22   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Nice writeup - I own a spark too

I really liked these alloys
Good one there but i kinda like the ICE one shown in the picture. Just spent Rs 8500 last week on the clutch and AC job along with regular service , the tyre change is still due so change of alloys is kind of out of agenda for a while now.

Will give a detailed report on the expenses done this time as it was huge money spent this time with very little satisfaction.
Old 27th May 2010, 00:03   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Good one there but i kinda like the ICE one shown in the picture. Just spent Rs 8500 last week on the clutch and AC job along with regular service , the tyre change is still due so change of alloys is kind of out of agenda for a while now.

Will give a detailed report on the expenses done this time as it was huge money spent this time with very little satisfaction.
Do share some details on the ICE of your spark as well. It would surely be helpful for other spark owners (new / old)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks