Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 15:21   #46
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Good one there but i kinda like the ICE one shown in the picture. Just spent Rs 8500 last week on the clutch and AC job along with regular service , the tyre change is still due so change of alloys is kind of out of agenda for a while now.

Will give a detailed report on the expenses done this time as it was huge money spent this time with very little satisfaction.

Those are the exactly ones i have on my spark. Regarding the service, kindly share the details about the work done on the clutch and AC. RS 8500/- is a lot of money for sure.

I got my sparks' 40000kms service done two days back with the total bill amounting to RS 2421. It included disc pads change and yes the AC cooling problem was taken care of once again under warranty.
Old 15th June 2010, 16:15   #47
Senior - BHPian

I see a lot of AC cooling problems and brake pads as the pet peeves of a long term Spark. I have done 8K+ and so far the AC and the brakes have held up pretty OK. Clutch seems OK too and there is no change in the hardness of the clutch whatsoever. What about the suspension? I feel the suspension is a bit soft and not really a hardy one that will last a long time. Any one feels the same?
Old 15th June 2010, 16:28   #48
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
What about the suspension? I feel the suspension is a bit soft and not really a hardy one that will last a long time. Any one feels the same?

Yeah, the suspension is indeed soft. With four people on board, the rear wheels are into the arches and lots of under body scrapping happens. My spark went to Rohtang under such conditions.

And about the life of shocks, I have got my rear ones changed twice first at 19000 kms and then at 31000 kms. At both occasions warranty took care of it but since the warranty is expiring in October, i am a bit worried on this issue.
Old 20th June 2010, 06:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I see a lot of AC cooling problems and brake pads as the pet peeves of a long term Spark. I have done 8K+ and so far the AC and the brakes have held up pretty OK. Clutch seems OK too and there is no change in the hardness of the clutch whatsoever. What about the suspension? I feel the suspension is a bit soft and not really a hardy one that will last a long time. Any one feels the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Yeah, the suspension is indeed soft. With four people on board, the rear wheels are into the arches and lots of under body scrapping happens. My spark went to Rohtang under such conditions.

And about the life of shocks, I have got my rear ones changed twice first at 19000 kms and then at 31000 kms. At both occasions warranty took care of it but since the warranty is expiring in October, i am a bit worried on this issue.
3 major recurring problems in my Spark -

1- A/C cooling - Not at all upto the mark still with it parked at vikas motors for 3 days
2 - Brake pads - Have already changed them twice , not sure if the advisor fools me into it or it actually wears out. Going to give him a hard time next time
3 - Shocks - rear shocks have been changed twice under warranty and now the warranty has expired

The 4th one in making is the clutch plate issue - not working smooth even after spending 8500
Old 6th September 2010, 07:19   #50
BHPian

@harishnayak
Any updates on the issue with your spark ?
Cheers
Old 29th January 2011, 01:57   #51
Senior - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Spark - Owners report

Sorry for not updating this thread for a while now. Before i go ahead i would like to tell everyone that i saw KKG's spark parked at the Autovikas service station sporting the TBHP stickers and even called him acknowledge the fact.

Recently got my Spark Serviced

KMS Done - 55000
Battery- Changed after 55k service as it was giving starting trouble Exide - Rs 3000
Clutch plates - Changed at 45 k kms
Tyres - Changed at 52k kms..Apollo Acelere
Alloys - New ones along with the tyres - Rs 9000
Drums - Painted yellow
Left back door had some bruises and is going for the paint job tomorrow

Will post the latest pictures shortly
Old 31st January 2011, 11:07   #52
BHPian

AC is definitely a problem. Even I am experiencing a foul smell even when the AC vent is in the circulation mode. Got this corrected at every service but the problem just re-occurs. Has anyone found out a solution to fix this once and for all?

My car has clocked 29000. Changed the rear shocks twice and brake pad once at the 25K service. No major issues as of date. Enjoying the ride quality of this car. Looking to use it till it falls apart.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:16   #53
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
harishnayak;2225074]Sorry for not updating this thread for a while now. Before i go ahead i would like to tell everyone that i saw KKG's spark parked at the Autovikas service station sporting the TBHP stickers and even called him acknowledge the fact.
Yeah Harish, it was good to hear from you.

My car was at Auto vikas with various problems. By the way, how much the clutch replacement cost you? And secondly what is the tyre size you have gone for this time. I have changed my tyres too and gone for 165/65. The ride has improved but FE has gone for a toss, How about you?
Old 4th February 2011, 05:21   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikrantD View Post
AC is definitely a problem. Even I am experiencing a foul smell even when the AC vent is in the circulation mode. Got this corrected at every service but the problem just re-occurs. Has anyone found out a solution to fix this once and for all?

My car has clocked 29000. Changed the rear shocks twice and brake pad once at the 25K service. No major issues as of date. Enjoying the ride quality of this car. Looking to use it till it falls apart.
Hey Vikrant - I still get the foul smell . Brake pads changed thrice and he recommended this time too however i refused out of fury , may get it changed next time.

one front and 2 rear shocks already changed with one rear shock changed twice ( all under warranty ). I'm wondering what would happen next since the car is ageing and is out of warranty .

What model is your car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Yeah Harish, it was good to hear from you.

My car was at Auto vikas with various problems. By the way, how much the clutch replacement cost you? And secondly what is the tyre size you have gone for this time. I have changed my tyres too and gone for 165/65. The ride has improved but FE has gone for a toss, How about you?
I think i have 175 60 13 ( sorry forgot the specification ) and the FE sucks as ever. The clutch replacement cost me around Rs 5500 if i remember correctly..more than double the cost of my alto's clutch replacement.

What are the other problems that your alto is facing and how much has it clocked?
Old 4th February 2011, 05:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

Here are few pictures of mine and KKG's car at Autovikas for servicing. A very rare sight of 2 very low selling cars with TBHP sticker spotted at one since location..Haha.

The last 2 pictures are when my car was running on spares and was about to go for the paint job ( not getting it done from the showroom as their paint job sucks ).

Update - The door still looks the same and in all probabilities will go for the paint job this weekend.

Sorry for the bad pics as i took it from my BB.

MODS - Sorry for posting within 9 mins of the previous post. Kindly merge the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Spark - Owners report-img00323201101020926.jpg  

Chevrolet Spark - Owners report-img00324201101020927.jpg  

Chevrolet Spark - Owners report-img00325201101021840.jpg  

Chevrolet Spark - Owners report-img00326201101021841.jpg  

Chevrolet Spark - Owners report-img00457201101190523.jpg  

Chevrolet Spark - Owners report-img00458201101190523.jpg  

Last edited by harishnayak : 4th February 2011 at 05:31. Reason: Posting duration
Old 4th February 2011, 11:00   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Vikrant - I still get the foul smell . Brake pads changed thrice and he recommended this time too however i refused out of fury , may get it changed next time.

one front and 2 rear shocks already changed with one rear shock changed twice ( all under warranty ). I'm wondering what would happen next since the car is ageing and is out of warranty .

What model is your car?
Mine is a PS 2008 model with AC+HPS. No body colored bumpers and mirrors. Plan to get it painted in a yrs time.

And you are so right about the paint job. I remember getting my Swift bonnet denting and painting job done from one of the paint shops in my city. And I must say he did a great job. No one can make out the difference. And ofcourse, the cost difference.

Yes, it is definitely an issue once the Spark is out of warranty. I will buy the extended warranty when my car completes 3 yrs in July. Dont know 5th yr onwards. Guess the service bills will be hurting for as long as I keep the car. Anyways, its a part and parcel. Got to live with it.
Old 4th February 2011, 20:55   #57
Senior - BHPian

Do they offer extended warranty even after 3 years? because my car is about to complete 3 years in april , i might as well go for it as the spark spares cost a BOMB.
Old 7th February 2011, 11:19   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Do they offer extended warranty even after 3 years? because my car is about to complete 3 years in april , i might as well go for it as the spark spares cost a BOMB.
During the last service, I disticntly remember the service center personnel offering extended warranty. And its not after 3 years, but before the car runs out of warranty. I never enquired about the price as I still have a few more months to go. But anyways, do check out with your nearest service center as I know they do offer extended warranty. April is just a month away. You should be running to the service center ASAP. I shall enquire with mine and keep you posted.
Old 8th February 2011, 13:36   #59
BHPian

Ok, heres some clarification. I was wrong about the 4th year warranty on Spark. Just checked out with the dealer.

If you purchase extended warrany (4th yr warranty) in the first year of purchase of your car, then the 4th yr warranty starts right after the standard 3 yr warranty elapses. You cannot buy the extended warranty after 365 days from the date of purchase.

So yes, I was wrong and I apologise for the wrong info. Guess will have to shell out from my pocket post July 2011.

Quote:
During the last service, I disticntly remember the service center personnel offering extended warranty. And its not after 3 years, but before the car runs out of warranty. I never enquired about the price as I still have a few more months to go. But anyways, do check out with your nearest service center as I know they do offer extended warranty. April is just a month away. You should be running to the service center ASAP. I shall enquire with mine and keep you posted.
Old 8th February 2011, 19:25   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, heres some clarification. I was wrong about the 4th year warranty on Spark. Just checked out with the dealer.

If you purchase extended warrany (4th yr warranty) in the first year of purchase of your car, then the 4th yr warranty starts right after the standard 3 yr warranty elapses. You cannot buy the extended warranty after 365 days from the date of purchase.

So yes, I was wrong and I apologise for the wrong info. Guess will have to shell out from my pocket post July 2011.
Oops!! thats not music to ear for sure. Happy motoring to you , me and all spark owners after the warranty ends.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks