Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 10:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet Spark - Owners report

After seeing very less number of Spark owners in the forum and many looking to buy one i decided to start this ownership thread in order to discuss the positives and negatives of this small little car.

15th April 2008 , 15 days before my 2nd marriage anniversary i decided to gift my wife a car. The budget was b/w 3lacs to 3.7 lcas and the possible options at that time were spark , alto , wagon R , Santro and i10.

We test drove spark , santro and i10 as we had already driven wagon R and owned an alto. After doing a permutation and combination of utility , price , features we zeroed in on the spark.

Following are the details of the car -

Spark LS
Power steering
Power windows - front
AC / heater
tubeless tyres
gas shocks
coloured bumpers
wheel covers
seat covers
mud flaps
foot mats
lighter

On road price - 3,40,000 - This was the best buy at that time with the mentioned price tag and also considering that women love this car.
Initially i was not too much in favour of this car due to its shape and it being the elder sister of Matiz. I kept 2 conditions in front of my wife before buying this car

1) I wanted a black spark - Little manly
2) I will put alloys in this car - Which was a very rare scenario and still is

She instantly agreed and the baby was home on 7th of May 2008 as that was an auspicious day.

Note- I'm currently looking for the pictures that i took that day , will post it as soon as i find them.
Old 1st April 2010, 17:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Two years of usage, and so little to say?!!

Hope you can put up some pics as well as elaborate about your experiences with the car in these two years.
Old 1st April 2010, 18:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Good to see a long term ownership thread of Spark, people like me are too lazy to type :-).

I have a Spark LT clocked 7.5K on the ODO as on date. Let story and pics keep coming.
Old 1st April 2010, 19:16   #4
BHPian

Yep this thread brings me joy(and hopefully the feeling should be mutual amongst other spark owners). I have a Spark LT blazing red, bought on jan 7th,2010. Done 2k on the odo.
Old 1st April 2010, 22:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Could not have come at a better time. I took delivery of my Spark last Wed.

Keep the story coming and let me know what to expect with this one going forward
Old 2nd April 2010, 00:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

The combination of Black and Alloys is perfect. I still think that the Spark is a very good car. Can you kindly post a few photos?
Old 2nd April 2010, 00:52   #7
BHPian

Can you give a comparo between Alto and Spark as you own both and as these two seem to be the closest competitors to each other?
Old 2nd April 2010, 01:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Two years of usage, and so little to say?!!

Hope you can put up some pics as well as elaborate about your experiences with the car in these two years.
I have lots to say , in fact tons of words and pictures. I just started this thread with a small introduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Good to see a long term ownership thread of Spark, people like me are too lazy to type :-).

I have a Spark LT clocked 7.5K on the ODO as on date. Let story and pics keep coming.
Ha Ha , even i'm little lazy however i've started to dedicate some time to my ownership threads ( i have one for my alto too ) because it's fun and knowledgeable too with inputs coming from other similar car owners too. The pics would be folowing soon after these responses as i'm alsmost done with exporting the pics to my desktop from picasa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpachigamer View Post
Yep this thread brings me joy(and hopefully the feeling should be mutual amongst other spark owners). I have a Spark LT blazing red, bought on jan 7th,2010. Done 2k on the odo.
Congrats on your new buy , i'm sure you'll love this thread so stay hooked for updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Could not have come at a better time. I took delivery of my Spark last Wed.

Keep the story coming and let me know what to expect with this one going forward
Congrats to you too Abhinav , it's a nice car obviously with its pros and cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
The combination of Black and Alloys is perfect. I still think that the Spark is a very good car. Can you kindly post a few photos?
I'll be posting a few pics from when the car was delivered soon after this post. Hope you'll like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Can you give a comparo between Alto and Spark as you own both and as these two seem to be the closest competitors to each other?
Sure i can. Here is the link to my Alto ownership thread ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...very-page.html ). As far as spark is concerned , i'll be updating this thread regularly with all the updates from day one of my buy.

If you need anything else in specific i'll be more than happy to let you know.
harishnayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2010, 01:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

As promised here are few pictures that i managed to get from the Day 1 of when i got my baby home.

Day - 7th May 2008.
Feeling - All family members were happy
My other cars were jealous on the new one coming into the family
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Spark - Owners report-070520081289.jpg  

Chevrolet Spark - Owners report-070520081294.jpg  

Chevrolet Spark - Owners report-070520081296.jpg  

Chevrolet Spark - Owners report-070520081297.jpg  

Attached Images

harishnayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2010, 07:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

Update - I'm off to Katra ( Jammu ) to visit the holy shrine of vaishno devi. I will be driving there in my Alto with my wife and 2 of her friends.

Last time i did this on my Spark ( only me and my wife ). For those who don't know the distance from Delhi to Katra and back is close to 1200 kms.

I'm planning to start on friday evening and would be back by Sunday night. Will continue with the thread once i'm back. JAI MATA DI
Old 5th April 2010, 14:04   #11
Senior - BHPian

I just reached home at 2:30 am safely after the trip. I would continue with my report shortly today.
Old 5th April 2010, 14:07   #12
BHPian

Spark is a real gem .. I have a Blazing Red and clocked in 21000Kms on it in last 2 years..

--Vikrant
Old 5th April 2010, 14:10   #13
Senior - BHPian

Harish, congratulations! how is the AC performance of your car? I know a few Spark owners who are facing issues of foul smell from the HVAC.

Spike
Old 5th April 2010, 14:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Spark is a real gem .. I have a Blazing Red and clocked in 21000Kms on it in last 2 years..

--Vikrant
I agree to that , Mine has done little over twice the Kms in less than 2 years. My sparky has done 46 K Kms in 23 months so far. It's a great car and i'm sure will go a long way in terms of owner satisfaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Harish, congratulations! how is the AC performance of your car? I know a few Spark owners who are facing issues of foul smell from the HVAC.

Spike
The A/C is OK not very great as compared to Alto and yes even i have observed the foul smell but not always.
Old 5th April 2010, 18:26   #15
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
The A/C is OK not very great as compared to Alto and yes even i have observed the foul smell but not always.
[/quote]

Even i agree upon this. The AC of my spark is not upto the mark these days. Even my nano is performing better . I also smell the outside smell with knob in recirculation mode, what could be the reason?

Also i have done around 38000 kms with the spark and the long term review is definately due.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks