Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 15:00   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Congrats on the Outlander.

You have an ideal road to drive this thing on daily basis.

About the Diesel Outlander, when i enquired to some senior offical here at Ahmedabad dealership, i was told that Mitsubishi is not planning to launch them here because it will affect the sales of Pajero.

Now i dont really know what is the relevance of the 2. one is a true off roader, another a luxury SUV. I dont really agreee on that statement but well you never know what they are thinking
Ditto. I got the same response that they are keen on Pajero Sports (based on triton platform) but no plan for Outtie diesel.
Old 8th April 2010, 17:01   #17
BHPian

Wow !! I just love this version of the outlander. Somehow the newer version does not appeal as much. Fuel efficiency figures are pretty good, I must say, I read on some other thread of the same giving about 5KMPL in city.
Old 8th April 2010, 17:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinWizard View Post
Wow !! I just love this version of the outlander. Somehow the newer version does not appeal as much. Fuel efficiency figures are pretty good, I must say, I read on some other thread of the same giving about 5KMPL in city.
Thanks SpinWizard. If you are in dense traffic at crawling speed than it does shows 5-6 kmpl but that is instant FE shown by MID. MID gets resetted everytime you park car for 3-4 hours, so that is not a definitive way of calculating FE.

To calculate FE, you should tank up till Auto-cut shuts off fuel supply on despenser than reset trip meter. After driving 300-400 KMs or when the warning light comes up, tank up again using same pump and same fuel dispenser till auto cut. Now devide total KMs on trip meter with quantity of fuel filled. This should give you a reasonably accurate FE.
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2010, 17:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Yes, ITNerd, this is Sector-135 opposite Sec 93. My office is located in Sector-135.
My guess right! Genesis school on the other side. I am sure I would spot your Mitsu more often.
Old 8th April 2010, 19:37   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
My guess right! Genesis school on the other side. I am sure I would spot your Mitsu more often.
Yes this is right outside Genesis. Give me a call whenever you are around.
Old 8th April 2010, 20:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
Awesome interiors.
Unfortunately I cant see any pictures in this thread; all image URLs point to an "invalid link specified.." message.
Old 8th April 2010, 20:42   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Unfortunately I cant see any pictures in this thread; all image URLs point to an "invalid link specified.." message.
Are you able to see pictures towards the end of post? They are the same pictures attached separately
Old 8th April 2010, 20:56   #23
BHPian

Am absolutely envious of you, I really love the Outlander, and do prefer the pre-facelifted version. The evo-nose version didn't look so good in pics, haven't seen it in the flesh yet. The SUV looks smashing in silver, and the rear 3/4 pic of yours is to die for . Enjoy her, and treat her well.
Old 8th April 2010, 20:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Are you able to see pictures towards the end of post? They are the same pictures attached separately
Yup! Great Car. Awesome interiors indeed. Congrats!!

May I suggest the removal of Excel Motors decal (with phone number?) from the rear window?

Three Mitsus in the garage? Man, the script looks like old Jackie Chan movies (Armour of the Gods etc.) in which all stunt vehicles are either a Merc or a Mitsubishi...
Old 9th April 2010, 10:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

A big CONGRATULATIONS Rishi. A die-heart Mitsubishi fan you are!

Loved reading the overall report.

Do you mind sharing, how much discount you got for the pre-face lifted model (you may PM it to me). Actually, we are negotiating for 2008 White Outlander with 24k on the clock and the dealer is stuck on 14, which is a bit over my cousin's budget. Your quote may help us to negotiate further. I would appreciate your help.

Wish you miles of happiness.
take care and drive safe!
Gaurav

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 9th April 2010 at 10:01.
Old 9th April 2010, 15:19   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
Am absolutely envious of you, I really love the Outlander, and do prefer the pre-facelifted version. The evo-nose version didn't look so good in pics, haven't seen it in the flesh yet. The SUV looks smashing in silver, and the rear 3/4 pic of yours is to die for . Enjoy her, and treat her well.
Thanks Man. Anytime you are around Greater Noida, give me a shout for a drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Yup! Great Car. Awesome interiors indeed. Congrats!!

May I suggest the removal of Excel Motors decal (with phone number?) from the rear window?

Three Mitsus in the garage? Man, the script looks like old Jackie Chan movies (Armour of the Gods etc.) in which all stunt vehicles are either a Merc or a Mitsubishi...
Thanks. I agree, Excel motor decal will be removed during next service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
A big CONGRATULATIONS Rishi. A die-heart Mitsubishi fan you are!

Loved reading the overall report.

Do you mind sharing, how much discount you got for the pre-face lifted model (you may PM it to me). Actually, we are negotiating for 2008 White Outlander with 24k on the clock and the dealer is stuck on 14, which is a bit over my cousin's budget. Your quote may help us to negotiate further. I would appreciate your help.

Wish you miles of happiness.
take care and drive safe!
Gaurav
Thanks Gaurav. I sent you one more PM.

Last edited by Dippy : 12th April 2010 at 19:56. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 9th April 2010, 23:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Concise, comprehensive review. And a lovely SUV!

I always thought Petrol SUVs were guzzlers, but not so much when I read your FE figures. A pre-owned one is definitely a great deal, a few years down the line.

Congratulations.

P.S. we met last when you're getting your Palio serviced before the Raid.
Old 12th April 2010, 13:18   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Concise, comprehensive review. And a lovely SUV!

I always thought Petrol SUVs were guzzlers, but not so much when I read your FE figures. A pre-owned one is definitely a great deal, a few years down the line.

Congratulations.

P.S. we met last when you're getting your Palio serviced before the Raid.
Yes Sir, I do remember our meeting at Samyak.

I am glad to share last FE figure of 9.96 kmpl. This is my normal commute to office and 1 trip to Delhi and 1 to Noida. I did expected 1 KM less than my Lancer Invecs but Outlander has clearly exceeded my expectation in FE department.

Bombay trip is due in next month or so and I will keep everyone posted on highway FE.
Old 13th April 2010, 10:15   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the Outlander, Rishi! As long as you aren't keen on a diesel, the Outlander is as all-rounded as an SUV can be. Personally, I'm a fan of Mitsubishi 'utes...my favorite being the Montero.

Drive safe, will you!
Old 13th April 2010, 13:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Rishi. What else I can say, A Mitsu-man is always a Mitsu-man. Obssessive. Enjoy the new machine. So, is it going to chew up the roads in the next TGDC, if at all it happens? And the F.E is impressive. Looking forward to the Bombay dash.

Most Viewed