Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 00:02   #31
BHPian

Congrats Rishi! Outlander is no doubt a great SUV. Like you, I am also a big fan of Mitsubishi vehicles. I owned Cedia in Bangalore for 18 months, moved to Philippines and bought Galant SE here. When I picked Cedia, I preferred it over Civic, Corolla, Octavia etc and then picked Galant here after comparing it to Accord, Camry, Teana etc

Congrats again buddy! Give another year and I hope to buy my 3rd Mitsubishi vehicle that I am considering; Mitsubishi Evo X
Old 14th April 2010, 17:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congratulations on the Outlander, Rishi! As long as you aren't keen on a diesel, the Outlander is as all-rounded as an SUV can be. Personally, I'm a fan of Mitsubishi 'utes...my favorite being the Montero.

Drive safe, will you!
Thanks GTO. I love petrol, so diesel is something that I did not care for. With FE delivered by SUV, I am impressed and very happy with my decision of not going with Fortuner compromising Auto tranny. I promise, i will drive safe as I have driven in past.

Music is delight on the vehicle and I am trying to procure a more feature rich HU that Mitsubishi fits in US Outties.

Montero will surely be next change though I am awaiting Evo X launch eagerly before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Congratulations Rishi. What else I can say, A Mitsu-man is always a Mitsu-man. Obssessive. Enjoy the new machine. So, is it going to chew up the roads in the next TGDC, if at all it happens? And the F.E is impressive. Looking forward to the Bombay dash.
Thanks Raja. TGDC...not again, dont have time for all that. My assignments are pressing that is why I am saving all leave for family vacation and Raid-de-Himalaya. My Bombay dash should be reported soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat View Post
Congrats Rishi! Outlander is no doubt a great SUV. Like you, I am also a big fan of Mitsubishi vehicles. I owned Cedia in Bangalore for 18 months, moved to Philippines and bought Galant SE here. When I picked Cedia, I preferred it over Civic, Corolla, Octavia etc and then picked Galant here after comparing it to Accord, Camry, Teana etc

Congrats again buddy! Give another year and I hope to buy my 3rd Mitsubishi vehicle that I am considering; Mitsubishi Evo X
Thanks Buddy. I have driven Galant in US and is a very capable car. Is this a manual tranny or Auto box that you have bought?
Old 15th April 2010, 09:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat View Post
.....and then picked Galant here after comparing it to Accord, Camry, Teana etc
Galant. Man, I miss that car a lot. I've driven it for about 2 years in Kuwait and cruised at 210 kmph, without knowing a thing inside, felt like sitting inside a 747 thrusting on the runway. Driven so many cars later including Camrys, Ford Taurus etc, but, nothing compares to Galant in that class in terms of driving experience.
Old 11th May 2010, 16:51   #34
BHPian

Here is an update. ICE has been upgraded on my Outtie. Just completed installation of a multimedia player with 8 inch screen. It has all goodies: GPS, Aux, iPod connectivity, Rear view camera, digital TV, SD Card, USB and of course DVD player.

Good part is that it seemlessly integrated with existing Rockford Fosgate. Has CanBus connectivity and all my steering controls work.

More to follow.
Old 12th May 2010, 05:50   #35
BHPian

Rishi,

My Galant SE is 2.4 litres MIVEC engine that has INVECS II 4 speed A/T with sportonic. Fitted with triptronics it generates 162 PS of power. Some of the great features are in-built GPS system; it is the only car in Philippines in this segment that provides fully functional GPS. GPS screen is also syncd with reverse camera. Parking sensors, Electric sunroof, power seats for driver and co passenger, power side door mirrors, automatic on/off headlamp system, automatic rear sunshade, bluetooth connectivity to sync your phone, music system with 12way speakers and sub woofer & dolby digital 5.1 feature.

Stuff like ABS + EBD + airbags, adjustible steering column and trunk access from rear seats, 17' alloys are standard. Anybody who has driven Cedia in India would know what Mitsu vehicles are when it comes to ride, handling and overall capability; Galant is too superior on all of these.

The most appealing part of the car is the front grill view. A lot of people mistake it for Mercs. I somehow find Accord & Camry too loud as well as way too common on the road for my liking. And the fact they are not Mitsubishi cars. I have given the link below of Mitsubishi Philippines

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.ph/galant_se/
Old 12th May 2010, 13:21   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Here is an update. ICE has been upgraded on my Outtie. Just completed installation of a multimedia player with 8 inch screen. It has all goodies: GPS, Aux, iPod connectivity, Rear view camera, digital TV, SD Card, USB and of course DVD player.

Good part is that it seemlessly integrated with existing Rockford Fosgate. Has CanBus connectivity and all my steering controls work.

More to follow.
thats great. can we have some inside pics post ICE upgrade.
Old 12th May 2010, 20:03   #37
BHPian

Sure Harsh, shall do it over the weekend.
Old 12th May 2010, 20:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

Wow more than a month has gone by and I never found this thread!!

Congratulations Rishi, and I so agree with you on the earlier version being much better looking. This one has a certain presence unlike the new one which is too much 'in your face'. Plus this shade of Silver coupled with the dark interiors is just smashing.

I now look forward to seeing the Outtie in flesh sooner than later, after all it had an important role to play in my getting the Blue streak home.
Old 9th July 2010, 20:04   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Sure Harsh, shall do it over the weekend.
Hey the pics of the new ICE are overdue rishi!!!!!also if you can reconfirm the fuel effeciency in bumper to bumper traffic and highway runs!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 9th July 2010, 22:33   #40
BHPian

Damn neat looking SUV, Congrats although a late one. So how is the performance now?
Old 9th July 2010, 23:19   #41
evo
BHPian

Quote:

Finally, here is my Outlander experience.

I am yet to try heated seats though in Delhi summers.

-Rishi
NICE seats! I never realized that the Outlander also had recaro like seats with lots of bolstering.

The rear centre armrest too seems to have a different shape.
Old 11th July 2010, 18:58   #42
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Am back again, lately have been keeping extra busy with work. So as promised here are some pictures of the ICE upgrade and a little about upgrade itself:
Attached Thumbnails
The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km-system.jpg  

The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km-choices.jpg  

The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km-choices2.jpg  

The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km-nav.jpg  

The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km-dvd.jpg  

The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km-usb.jpg  

The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km-usb2.jpg  

The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km-blue-mic.jpg  

rishi_kapoor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2010, 19:21   #43
BHPian

First 2 pictures are of the system.

3rd pic is source selection page. 4th picture is Nav, 5th pic is DVD playing, 6th is USB playing, 7th is a picture of my USB drive connected to system and 8th picture is Microphone for bluetooth telephony.

I carried out the install myself, it was pretty straight forward. No instructions came with system but I had done enough R&D and google myself so I was ready for install and troubleshooting. It took me 2 hours to take old system out and put the new one. I am yet to install rear view camera since for that I would have to run cables under carpet etc and I need time for that.

The build quality of the system is good. It comes complete with a rear view camera (yet to install) which is a OEM fit and space is available for the same right next to rear hatch handle.

My pre-installed Rockford Fosgate Amp and speakers are working great. Though I need a center speaker now since this system has Dolby decoder chip and 5 channel Amp.

The system is capable of playing from DVDs, USB, Micro SD (there is a separate micro SD slot for nav software), iPod, Bluetooth device. It comes with a analog TV tuner box but without antenna so I am yet to install it.

I am using a 8GB USB drive and decoding is near uncompressed sound. I am able to use steering controls as long as I don't switch Nav along with music. In this case I am only able to control volume and select using mode.

I am not using Micro SD card slot right now but did checked it earlier.

Bluetooth connectivity to phone is good but I am unable to access my phone book and for some funny reason it shows incoming number but no name associated with it. This is a software glitch.

I took Nav software from my wife's Cedia which comes with factory fitted Nav (Kenwood) on loan. The microSD from Kenwood's blackbox was easily put in MicroSD slot for Nav software on this system. I am right now using MapMyIndia interface and map that came pre-installed in Cedia but soon I shall receive my SatNav software which I intend to use on this car. I will do R&D on Garmin since that is the best interface of them all.

DVD playback on 8 inch HD screen is very good and accompanying remote is good. though you can control all menus using touch screen.

My only complaint is not so good software interface and small glitches like no change of track if you are using music with Nav or like no shuffle mode in USB etc, rest is good.

I read on one of the Mitsu forum that manufacturer is coming up with upgraded software and I hope I get the upgrade.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the AV upgrade.

...And apologize again for a late update
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2010, 19:24   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Hey the pics of the new ICE are overdue rishi!!!!!also if you can reconfirm the fuel effeciency in bumper to bumper traffic and highway runs!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!
FE is consistantly between 9.5-10 in expressway and 30% bumper-to-bumper traffic. I am happy with FE figures. I use a lot of cruise control on expressway though.
Old 11th July 2010, 19:39   #45
evo
BHPian

@ Rishi

Is this the Caska system or a different one?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks