Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2010, 20:00   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
@ Rishi

Is this the Caska system or a different one?
This is not Casca. They were not willing to import one piece and also there equivalent system is much more inferior in terms of non-HD smaller screen and non Dolby amp.
Old 11th July 2010, 20:29   #47
BHPian

Awesome stuff Rishi!!!The ICE is mindblowing!!!Do you mind sharing the cost of it??
Old 11th July 2010, 21:18   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Awesome stuff Rishi!!!The ICE is mindblowing!!!Do you mind sharing the cost of it??
The cost is close to $1200 which includes shipping and custom duties also.
Old 12th July 2010, 10:53   #49
BHPian

Congrats Rishi. The SUV looks awesome. So you still haven't let go off your Palio and Petra....
Old 12th July 2010, 14:13   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Congrats Rishi. The SUV looks awesome. So you still haven't let go off your Palio and Petra....
I have tried my best to keep them so far but with parking challence, they will have to go soon :(
Old 12th July 2010, 14:18   #51
Senior - BHPian

Great pics. The ICE setup is very nice and neat.

Thanks for your PM. was very encouraging.

After reading your FE figures, it sure does change ones way of looking at Petrol Softroaders. The other day i went to the showroom to get something checked in my Cedia and there was a white outtie ready for delivery. Had a chat with the owner and also got a ride in it till home as my cedia had to be left for a couple of hours and fortunately the guy who bought the outtie lived very close to my house and offered to drive me home instead me taking an auto

Love the back seat of this thing. simply awesome.
Old 20th July 2010, 10:50   #52
BHPian

Wow Rishi, the console looks great! Can you please share the URL where I can have a dekko at detailed specs of this?

Might get this for my vehicle too - and in case I do, would it be okay to bother you over some weekend for assistance with the setup - don't intend to reinvent the wheel specially because you have been there, done that
Old 20th July 2010, 13:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rishi,

So now that your Outtie has been juiced up ICEwise, and both of us are back in DEL it is time for a "show and tell". How does the 25/26 NOIDA meet sound in that regard.
Old 20th July 2010, 14:09   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hi Rishi,

So now that your Outtie has been juiced up ICEwise, and both of us are back in DEL it is time for a "show and tell". How does the 25/26 NOIDA meet sound in that regard.
Hi Khoj, Noida meet is for 24/25 July if I am not mistaken. I am planning to join as well. Might be a good idea if the Mitsu gang gets together there (in the right sense of course)
Old 23rd October 2010, 14:54   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rishi,

Its been a long time since you updated your thread.
Can you please update us with the FE? Service costs (if any)? Hows the treatment you getting from the Outtie

Hows the ICE setup working? Hope its all BUG free.

Cheers!!
Old 6th December 2010, 13:15   #56
BHPian

Nice ICE there. I have two questions 1. What was the cost of Vkool package.
2. Can you please throw some more light on it, like how & where are the figures displayed. Also the cost of the same.
Quote:
Only accessory that I have added apart from sun film is TPMS (Tire pressure management system). It comprise of RF sensors placed in each tire and a wireless display which I have placed just above rear view mirror. Really good feature, I highly recommend this.
Old 31st August 2011, 14:27   #57
BHPian

re: The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km

rishi_kapoor this was one review that i was searching all over the forum for long, as i am just floored with the latest Outlander, but with all negative vibes flowing around about Mitsubishi A.S.S my wife was very confused, though i was clear in my mind. It is time for me to graduate from Scorpio to another softroader, i am not a great offroader, just does long drives on highways with offroads like those of visiting Rohtang Pass once in couple of years etc. So this should do, except that i am also looking at BMW X1 but then paying another 5-6 lakhs extra for the logo and a stripped down version of outlander is not worth it IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post

The big question, FE:

I have tanked up twice and I used tank full to tank full method using same petrol pump and same dispanser. Worst FE was 8.9 KMPL in bumper-to-bumper rush hour Delhi traffic and better FE was 9.5 KMPL on expressway and traffic combined. I am yet to take it on a long drive but will keep everyone posted.
What is the current FE that you are getting it in Delhi driving condition, as i also got to drive it in Delhi.

Quote:

What I don’t like:

1. No auto dimming rear view mirror, I expected this on a 20+ Lac “luxury SUV”. This feature is available on north american version, I keep travelling to US so may be this is doable.

2. Auto lights and wiper. Again this is available as option in US.

3. No bluetooth system with steering mounted phone controls. Again this is offered in US so what stops Mitsubishi to offer this in India at least as an option?

4. Blank LED holders on hatch (see rear pictures, I am talking about the black part right below reverse lights). Some R&D may help here, I have spotted some solutions on Internation Outlander forums.

5. No Inbuit navigation system and ETACS like US models. Here we have to be dependent on dealer for user modifiable ETACS features.

Whats next:

I have been able to locate a dealer in Hongkong who can provide OEM music system with DVD, NAVI, Bluetooth, Rear Cam etc. it is priced around USD 750 and will fit in without any fuss and will utilize steering controls along with default Rockford Fosgate DSP/AMP. Since I have never ordered like this before, I am not sure how to go about it and how to handle customs clearance, will appreciate guidance on this.

Overall, I am very happy Mitsubishi customer, my third Mitsubishi is a testimony of the same. Everytime I grab handle of my Outlander I get a broad smile on my face. Now I am eagerly waiting for a long drive and soft roading oppurtunity.
Cheers!!
-Rishi
Mitsubishi seems to have addressed some of the missing points that you have outlined above, i think the bluetooth connectivity, navigation system, inbuilt Rockford Fosgate, auto wiper etc. But i would like to know is there any option to fill up the blank LED lights that you have mentioned, i think that will completely lift the rear side to a whole new look.
Old 31st August 2011, 15:18   #58
BHPian

Hi Rajesh,

I am getting and FE of around 9 kmpl. highway FE is slightly better but I end up getting the same due to spirited driving.

The new Outlander us a very value for money buy. Consider changing Tyres to Michelin to get much more premium comfortable drive. Now DVD-NAV system for Outlander is available from MapMyIndia and it is very reasonably priced.

Mitsubishi has launched a limited edition Outlander called Outlander Chrome with added goodies, try if you can get your hands on one.

BMW is extremely capable but as you rightly mentioned X1 is not a wise buy. X3 is definitely good buy.

I am very happy with my Outlander after almost 15 months of ownership. It is an underdog on rough terrains. In fact I have already participated in two rallys as an official driving Outlander. Feel free to check out pictures on my FB page.
Old 5th September 2011, 12:05   #59
BHPian

re: The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km

Quote:
Hi Rajesh,

I am getting and FE of around 9 kmpl. highway FE is slightly better but I end up getting the same due to spirited driving.

The new Outlander us a very value for money buy. Consider changing Tyres to Michelin to get much more premium comfortable drive. Now DVD-NAV system for Outlander is available from MapMyIndia and it is very reasonably priced.

Mitsubishi has launched a limited edition Outlander called Outlander Chrome with added goodies, try if you can get your hands on one.

BMW is extremely capable but as you rightly mentioned X1 is not a wise buy. X3 is definitely good buy.

I am very happy with my Outlander after almost 15 months of ownership. It is an underdog on rough terrains. In fact I have already participated in two rallys as an official driving Outlander. Feel free to check out pictures on my FB page.
Thanks for the inputs rishi.

I had a test drive of both Outlander and BMW X1 and there is no comparison considering the value for money features that are available in Outlander. My wife just made one statement after test drive of both the vehicles, "Sitting inside BMW made me feel claustrophobic", now that is one simple statement but it turns out to be a whole lot of deficiencies in the vehicle itself, bumpy ride (tough suspension, says they are good for high speed), tough steering, low roof, limited legrooms, low flooring for an SUV etc. It is more like a car than an SUV, i felt like getting into my old Santro. Its appeal ends with the bonnet and the signature BMW front grille and logo, is it worth spending 5-6 lakhs extra just for that. Also to get all the feature filled BMW you need to shell out another 10 lakhs as it costs 34 lakhs on road in Delhi while outlander is only 23.5 lakhs on road, else where is the point in buying a BMW without idrive and its signature headlamps, those are the head turners, right.

Now for outlander, there is no comparison to its music system, drive capability, smooth suspension (which can further be improvised with your suggestion of Michelin and nitrogen instead of air), multi-utility boot and accessories, comfortable seating even in the rear-rows, paddle shift, excellent auto gear composition (BMW was little confusing on this front at least for my wife).

Anyways, i dont have a choice right now, as my better half has already approved Outlander, i got to agree that Outlander managed to floor her even when a BMW could not do and yes, that is an achievement for Mitsubishi.
rajeshchand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2011, 12:25   #60
BHPian

I am glad Rajesh that you like Outlander. You may want to join mitsubishi India fan page on FB, you will be able to connect with other Mitsubishi customer and share experience and feedback with them. All the best.

Most Viewed