Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2015, 01:30   #76

re: The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km

Hello There,

How is the Outlander treating you?

I am looking to buy a used one, am just a little concerned with the spare part prices.

Just as a comparison how much are the oil filter,air filter,fuel filter.I just want to check how expensive are they as compared to Grand Vitara?

I have heard that the CVT is very sensitive as CVT's work best for cars < 2L engine. How many kms have you clocked and did you find any change in the transmission behaviour?

Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 20:07   #77
BHPian

re: The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannyrocks View Post
Hello There,

How is the Outlander treating you?

I am looking to buy a used one, am just a little concerned with the spare part prices.

Just as a comparison how much are the oil filter,air filter,fuel filter.I just want to check how expensive are they as compared to Grand Vitara?

I have heard that the CVT is very sensitive as CVT's work best for cars < 2L engine. How many kms have you clocked and did you find any change in the transmission behaviour?

Thanks
Outlander is doing its duty quite well, have been to Himalayas at least 7-8 times and not even a single squeak. I have done 45000 Kms, no issues with CVT at all. Car has performed in toughest situation so absolutely no complaints. I pay around 3500 for 1 service and around 8500 for 2nd service every year (2nd service is costly due to expansive synthetic gear oil.

Planning to sale the car now since it has completed 5 years, may go in for new Q7. Cheers.
Old 8th June 2015, 22:41   #78

Hello Rishi,

How can I get in touch with you for viewing the outlander?

I dont have enough posts for PM.
Old 6th November 2015, 19:07   #79

hi.

How can i get in touch with you regarding some help and questions on outlander.
Old 9th November 2015, 18:10   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxguru View Post
hi.

How can i get in touch with you regarding some help and questions on outlander.
Feel free to send me a PM.
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 13:42   #81

hi, for now i am not allowed to send Pm's . any other way i can get in touch with you. email if possible.
Old 19th March 2016, 15:32   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Feel free to send me a PM.
Could you please shed some light on how easy it would be to maintain an outlander? I'm getting some 2010 / 2011 models with 50 - 65k kms on the ODO and was vaguely interested in picking up one. I'm concerned at Mitsu's very thin dealer network and generally lacklustre performance overall as a company in India.

Are getting spares and parts over the 5th - 8th years of the car going to be a problem (given that it'll be 5 years old already if I buy it today)

If I buy it I'd like to keep it for 2.5 - 3.5 years. Any concerns with owning a 2010 / 11 model with that kind of ownership outlook?

Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 03:50   #83

Dear, I also bought the used outlander and was very concerned about the maintainence and reliability of the same.Mr Rishi Kapoors feedback gave me a lot of confidence and I bought a pre loved one last June. I have driven it 4000kms and I am really impressed with the vehicle. The only thing is driven conventional automatics before this cvt equipped vehicle takes some time getting used to. The initial acceleration is sluggish, thats the only downside I felt, plus the cvt uses special oil which costs 10,000/- for 8litres but is replaced after 60-80,000kms.

Other than this I am another satisfied owner of the suv. Mitsu is very reliable touch wood!!
kannyrocks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 12:50   #84
BHPian

After 60000 KMs and 6 years of absolutely fantastic ownership, I had to say my Outlander good bye. Good part is that I passed it on to another enthusiast.

I will buy another Mitsubishi as and when they launch Montero again.

Till then, Mods please close this thread.
Old 16th April 2016, 13:21   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
I will buy another Mitsubishi as and when they launch Montero again.
You have any dope on the launch? The new [the existing as well as the upcoming] Pajero simply doesn't appeal the way the SFX/GLX did or the Montero does.

Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 14:31   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
You have any dope on the launch? The new [the existing as well as the upcoming] Pajero simply doesn't appeal the way the SFX/GLX did or the Montero does.

Thanks

June 2016 is quoted by insiders. I just bought a X5 so my purchase is still few years away.
rishi_kapoor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 16:00   #87
BHPian

The Montero is open to booking now; launching in the next 2-3 months I think.

btw My outlander is closing in on the 70K service. Eager to know if the CVT change is at 70K or 80K. So far, its been an absolute pleasure. Normal service cost around 6K. Recently got a flying gravel put a minute crack on the windshield on Bangalore Highway. Showroom quoting upwards of 35K for replacement, but a local guy claims he can do for 12K. Since its really small and doesnt seem to need an immediate replacement, I'm gonna wait it out and go in for the 70K service first
Old 23rd February 2017, 15:42   #88
BHPian

Just completed 1.2 lakh on my Outlander, rear suspension is gone and needs to be replaced, any recommendation for an after market piece, dealership will take time to procure one and i don't intend to ride it for long on a broken leg.
Old 1st April 2017, 21:40   #89
BHPian

Try searching on eBay or Amazon. You should get it at a much reasonable rate as compared to service center
Old 21st November 2018, 14:36   #90

Re: Buying a 2010 Outlander in 2018.

Hi guys,

I bought my 2010 Outlander from a dealer in South Delhi for about 6.5L. Another 20K went to the dealer and 25K in insuring the car. The car had done about 62K in Feb when I bought it and since then I have moved to Bombay from Delhi and the car is sitting on 76K KMs on the ODO.

This is my first car. I went to buy a CR-V as my family has owned Hondas for generations and felt like it was a safe buy. Fuel economy was not of concern as I realize that going for a 4WD Petrol SUV, compromise has to be made in that area. I did not like any of the CR-Vs at the dealer ship. The Outlander was not even something I had though about but when I saw it sitting there, I instantly fell in love.

The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km-img_20180218_123935.jpg

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Vogue White (with the Jet fighter grill)

As someone born in the early 90s, I grew up with NEED FOR SPEED, the game. And I was blown by the looks of the EVO X. The EVO X is considered to be worst of EVOs but keeping everything aside, its a mean looking thing & I always wanted one and still do.

The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km-soraryuukusc50mic111a021001.jpg

So I was handed the keys to this car, I didn't turn it on. I saw the Rockford Fosgate Sound System, the mode switcher in the centre (2WD, 4WD Auto & 4WD Lock). The beige interiors looked nice ( I prefer it to darker ones as it makes the vehicle quite airy). Nothing really seemed wrong on the inside but again, I had never sat in an Outlander before & had no knowledge about the car. We moved to the rear and this is where I made my decision to buy this car.

The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km-img20180228wa0011.jpeg

The split opening rear tailgate. Just take my money and GIVE ME THIS CAR RIGHT NOW. I went home, and on the way I called a friend of mine in CH who is a professional rally cross driver (also a test driver for AMG India) and I told him about the car. He said in Punjabi 'Close your eyes, buy it.'. I turned around, went back to the dealer and gave him 20K to block the car for me. About a week later I picked up the car. I was like a 5 year old who had just given him a puppy for his birthday.

The Outlander is not a very common car in New Delhi so all my friends thought I bought a new car. The condition of the car was pristine. I belonged to a 70+ year old man who was a principal of a school in Faridabad (hence the HR51 license plate). I realized the man probably never overlanded in the Outlander. Probably never went into 4WD.

So what was wrong with the car? After buying the car I immediately overlanded for about 1000 KMS the next day. A few months later I went to visit my friend in CH (the one I mentioned earlier). He was hosting a rally cross event in his farm land. He has just bought a high mileage Cedia and was converting that into a rally car. Upon reaching CH, I went straight to the garage (Sangha Motorcraft) where the Cedia was being worked upon. The owner was a huge fan of Mitsubishi (spoke quite passionately about the company). He checked the car and here are the list of things wrong with it along with the cost of repairs

• Front Axel (15K)
  • Rear Suspension Bushes (15K but not yet repaired)
  • Wrong tyres (running heavy tyres, Achilles Desert Hawk, never heard of it, which I think ended up damaging the suspension hence the above) replaced with stock Geolandar 215/70 R16 H/T though I should have gone for A/T - 30K after exchanging the other tyres.
  • New AC compressor (45K, sourced in Bombay)
  • All wiper blades (5K)

In delhi I would get a fuel economy of roughly 10 in the city with a range of 450kms on a full tank. On the highway around 14 with a range of 700kms. Things took a turn in Bombay due to traffic where now I get 5 Kms/L. LOL

I tried selling the car the other day at Cars24 and due to the HR registration the car had to be auctioned in Haryana itself. Someone offered 1L for it. I walked out and thought to myself that unless someone knows what the capability of these Mitsubishi cars, no one will take a second look at it.

I love taking this car out of the city, it has never failed me even with the problems mentioned above. The suspension works still needs to be done and I need to get the transmission checked. My girlfriend finds the car incredibly sexy, I think most women find the car attractive and none of them can fathom that it is a 8 year old car. For that reason itself, I think its worth keeping the car, even with the terrible fuel economy in Bombay, it keeps me at ease knowing that that tomorrow when the monsoon hits or if we have travel far distances, the Outlander will get me there. Sharing a few photos of our trips with the car. ALSO!, please do share your ownership experience of the Outlander!

The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km-lrm_export_98695326580193_20181026_122358013.jpeg

The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km-img20181009wa0003.jpg

The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km-oc_1540058670743_0.jpg

The Last Warrior : My Outtie - Mitsubishi Outlander EDIT: Sold after 6 years and 60,000 km-img20181009wa0044.jpg
siddharthsanjay is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks