Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 15:34   #16
sat
BHPian

really enjoyed reading that write up... look forward to more images..
sat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2010, 16:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Your writing and narration is just fantastic, rarely do I stay engrossed and put myself through such a long write-up on this forum. That fire must have really give you chills, I'm glad the car came out unscathed. And to turn your dream into reality like this is just super stuff.
FlyingSpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 13:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

What a super write up . I was actually waiting for you to put up that ownership report after reading about your toys in the intro thread. I like the fact that you put up old photos. Thats makes things even more classier. I just love these old school Porsches and I agree with you that the newer breed don't feel that special. Do you have stage by stage pictures of the modification process?

Looking forward to read reviews of your other machines and if this review is anything to go by, those will certainly be worth waiting for.

P.S. I also liked your Audi
Dippy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 13:24   #19
BHPian

You certainly have passion for that car...it explains all the time and money you have invested in it, something which I may never have done. I guess most of us are too busy in this hectic life to have such passion and that is the one thing I envy in you !!
Great write up and no, I don't think any of us are bored with your writing, which is truly eye catching, just as flyingspur mentioned.
Hoping to see more pics!!!
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 13:32   #20

Wow, that story is just beautiful,the will and the courage to own your dream is superb. KUDOS.

Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live.
Fiaturbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 13:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice ownership details.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 13:51   #22
BHPian

superb write up.... i skipped a meeting at office reading this!
zeddo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 14:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Amazingly well written post, you almost had me on the drivers seat with the description of the first drive, may you have a great many more years with the Porsche, cheers.
Psycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 14:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Superb ownership review.

Wish you all the best with the 911
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 15:24   #25
BHPian

Great Post !!
Please put up more pics and more of your experiences.
Description of first drive is fantastic .
ir458 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 19:24   #26
BHPian

What a beautiful narrative! I felt I was with you when you made that turn!
nowwhat? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 19:55   #27
BHPian

Beautiful write up .
The description of your first drive was amazing !
Cheers !!!
_raviShankar_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 21:59   #28
BHPian

Thanks for all your well wishes. Great to know that you'll enjoyed my review. Like everyone else, balancing work, wife and interests is a juggling act that never gets learned properly. I'll try to post my ownership review of the Solstice next, some time this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I just love these old school Porsches and I agree with you that the newer breed don't feel that special. Do you have stage by stage pictures of the modification process?

P.S. I also liked your Audi
The only other vehicle that gives you the visceral feeling of power, intimidation and ultimately satisfaction that I've owned is my Duc, which is another planetary experience altogether. Not the CTS-V and not even the Solstice GXP, even though both of them are thrill rides on their own and to be highly respected.

I thought of photographing the engine rebuild process initially. But when I realised that a dismantled engine looked just like every other dismantled engine, I kinda lost interest. I promise however, I'll take some pictures next time at the shop, although now its all back together and in the car. Please realize, I'm in Columbus while the shop is in Cleveland. I used to live in Cleveland till four years ago.

That Audi was fun and very rare and the girls quite never could figure you out. But the porsche, that never left any questions for anyone, and if it did, just firing her up cleared any doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
You certainly have passion for that car...it explains all the time and money you have invested in it, something which I may never have done. I guess most of us are too busy in this hectic life to have such passion
When I originally bought the car I did not tell anyone, till it was on the road. My relatives who were around, would never understand and don't understand even today. Typical attitude is "spending money on cars is a waste." From a financial aspect, it is on most cars except classic cars and/or something you love or dream.

I"ll post more pictures once the car is on the road sometime later this year.
VLOCT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2010, 00:12   #29
BHPian

Great writeup indeed ! Please post more pictures.
ATL_BOY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2010, 00:52   #30
BHPian

o boy o boy! what a fantastic write up! i was literally holding my hands tight in fear when i was reading about you hitting 150+ plus in the Porsche! must have been a great feeling in these classic cars which are lighter and give the driver more a feel of the road conditions! i guess the older cars bring u closer to riding a real track car!
amulu10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks