Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 15:30   #61
BHPian

Beautiful Post and beautiful writing, many thumbs up. It was gripping and I was really sad with the fire thing and thought you lost the car, anyways do keep updating with more info and pics

EDIT - My favorite is Carrera, dream to own one someday

Last edited by carfanatic007 : 17th September 2010 at 15:31. Reason: EDIT
carfanatic007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2010, 19:01   #62

Hi, though I joined 2 yrs back, I got active in forums in the last 2-3 weeks only. Was scanning for some interesting articles on Porche & Ferrari and stumbled on yours, truly fabulous, I couldnt stop myself, read till the end. You are truly blessed to own 911, hope you got the car out for another long drive now... looking forward to hearing more from you...
Priyan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2010, 22:23   #63
BHPian

Simply a superb read. Your passion for the 911 is commendable.
quite a story. the pics make it all the more better
abishek2222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:55   #64
Senior - BHPian

re: My Porsche 911 story: Update & pics on page 6

Excellent excellent write up! Loved the way you wrote your first driving experience Hope you still have the 911 roaring!
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 23:01   #65
BHPian

Really happy to see all the people who have enjoyed my review. It's an amazing car. I've recently moved to Las Vegas, NV from Columbus, OH. The car is still in OH. However, I've taken the opportunity to redo the throttle body assembly and some minor upgrades. After all the little stuff is done, I'll be doing a Dino run. I'll be totally happy if I end up anywhere in the 250 bhp, 250 lb-ft range. Don't need any more for a car barely 2000 lb kerb weight.

Deliberately avoided going for big HP and Torque. Typical engine upgrades people do is to plunk in 3.0 liter '80 911 SC engine. These are bullet proof but, in my opinions totally spoils the cars character due to the added weight. Instead, we opted for the original 2.4 liter shell with completely upgraded internals and valve bodies. We have ended up with an amazing compromise of having a bullet proof 'almost' race engine with high rpms, total reliability but, still maintaining the kerb wt and thus the basic character.

As you can tell, I'm totally psyched and can't wait to get my hands on the car. You can expect loads of updated photographs and if time permits, a few videos of my drives.

Thanks again for the real appreciative words from all. As you can expect, it's been challenging to spend more time on the forum, but I do try.
VLOCT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 16:56   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
As you can tell, I'm totally psyched and can't wait to get my hands on the car. You can expect loads of updated photographs and if time permits, a few videos of my drives.

Thanks again for the real appreciative words from all. As you can expect, it's been challenging to spend more time on the forum, but I do try.

Wow, I read this thread non-stop, extremely gripping, really 'takes you there'.
This is a classic example of 'If you really want something very bad, the entire universe conspires to make it happen for you' manifestation of the sub-conscious mind can create wonders and make dreams reality.

Please share the pictures post the new engine, it was so exciting to see, I could almost imagine your first drive on the Canadian countryside.

Cheers!
Trojan
Trojan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 22:05   #67
BHPian

Glad you enjoyed the review. The car is still in Cleveland, OH. I'm hoping to get the car down here sometime in July, 2012. By then the summer will be in full blast in Vegas. So the drives are going to be limited to either very early mornings or late evenings till late September since, the car does not have an AC. After that, it's almost nine months of perfect weather. Thought about putting an AC in, but decided against it. I will post all the updated pictures when the car gets here.

I am a puritan in many ways when it comes to sports cars. I like raw cars with limited electronics. The only distractions I tolerate when I drive my 911 is my jazz/blues/rock collection, mostly jazz nowadays. Also a very strict collection of Kishore Kumar, Mohd. Rafi, Yesudas, Bala Subramaniam etc which I enjoy very much. Thankfully, my wife totally understands that the car is too personal and don't bother me. I truly enjoy the car when I'm alone with it. I however, keep her happy with this.

My Porsche 911 story: Update & pics on page 6-img_0348.jpg

My Porsche 911 story: Update & pics on page 6-img_0443.jpg

I also enjoy taking my friends for drives on my 911 and love to see their jaws drop when they realize what real cars were and how the populace have been conditioned to believe that their sterilized Camrys, Accords and even most of the Germans nowadays are what we should all aim for. I do understand the importance of safety and all that jazz and that's why I have other vehicles for the family, but for an enthusiast, nothing is greater than pure joy of grabbing a handful of torque, a great ribbon of black top in front of you and the popping/crooning keyboard/trombone/sax of some one like Brian Culbertson in the background. Nirvana!!

My dream now is to snag my true first love, a true blue American Muscle Car from post '67 to pre '74 such as a GTO, or others of that calibre. I also have my eyes open for the right DeTomaso Pantera. Please do a google search and enjoy this truly awesome car. I might even consider giving up my 71 '911 for the right one. Needless to say, if and when it happens, all updates will be posted to this forum, including the rolling eyes of my better half (yes, finally I've worn her down and she has given up, ).

Cheers all and another happy year for some spirited driving. Guys please get out there and enjoy the true blessing of driving. One of the few joys in life that can be enjoyed regardless of your cast, creed, station in life and without a care of what anyone thinks about you. That kind of joy is just pure, blemish-less and very rare.

Last edited by VLOCT : 18th May 2012 at 22:34.
VLOCT is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 22:40   #68
BHPian

Woooow!!! This is fantastic, Pontiac is totally drrooolworthy, hehehe I am sure she will be happy with this, I am hiding this from my wife (lol), wish someday I can gift her something close to this.
Really looking forward to your updated pics of your first love.

Cheers,
Trojan
Trojan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:52   #69
BHPian

Thanks Trojan. Hopefully, I'll have the update pics of my first love too far in the future.
Old 16th July 2012, 16:03   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
Glad you enjoyed the review. The car is still in Cleveland, OH. I'm hoping to get the car down here sometime in July, 2012.

This is yet another thread which I can happily say- ' read it now, better late than never'

It is really something to action on something what you like truly and your first one on getting that Audi by jumping off that bus just says that! Hats off.

Quote:
Cheers all and another happy year for some spirited driving. Guys please get out there and enjoy the true blessing of driving.
One of the few joys in life that can be enjoyed regardless of your cast, creed, station in life and without a care of what anyone thinks about you. That kind of joy is just pure, blemish-less and very rare.
Thats very well said sir, a great way to express the joy of driving!

Of course the cars you have are absolutely awesome and worth all the effort that you went through acquiring them. Good luck on your Amercian muscle hunt.

BTW its July 12 now, any updated pics of your original 911?

Hooked on!
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 09:42   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
BTW its July 12 now, any updated pics of your original 911?
Thanks Girish.

Sorry for the late reply. I'm as anxious to get the car down to Vegas as you're but, since the temps out here been in the 100 F range, no reason to hurry. The car doesn't have an a/c and so I've been finding little things to do on the car and wait a little longer.

Sooner or later it'll be here and then I'll post a whole set of pics. Hang in there a little while.

Cheers and drive fast, but safe.
VLOCT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 05:57   #72
BHPian

Hi VLOCT, do you have any updates on your 911? Did you bring the car to Las Vegas?

Do post pictures if you have any.

Thanks!
Old 19th June 2013, 10:14   #73
BHPian

@Jose,

It's on the back burner right now as Chris (whose garage is my car's current home) is bravely dealing with his wife's cancer. As I promised, once I have the car here in Vegas, I'll post pics. The man upstairs has a tendency to teach us a lot about patience and what is important.
VLOCT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 14:22   #74
BHPian

Just spent a week rekindling the original love affair. Yah, the teutonic lady is back, now upgraded to level 'Tigress'. Other drivers are probably wondering why I have a permagrin plastered on my face. It's so good to be back on a purely mechanical feel of a 41 year old Sports car. In fact, I'm thinking of registering it as 'NO TCS' ie; 'No Traction Control System', if anyone is wondering. Appropriate, I think.

My Porsche 911 story: Update & pics on page 6-p1.jpg

My Porsche 911 story: Update & pics on page 6-p2.jpg

My Porsche 911 story: Update & pics on page 6-p3.jpg

Will try to post an updated report and pics some time soon. Still need to do a complete interior detailing to bring back everything up to snuff.

Thanks to everyone who showed interest in the progress. Very kind of you.

Mod Note: Please go through this thread. It will give you information on how to upload pictures correctly. Thanks.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th April 2014 at 12:11. Reason: Sorting pictures
VLOCT is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 15:14   #75
Senior - BHPian

WOW!! Good to see her back in action VLOCT!!
Maverick5490 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks