Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2012, 09:49   #46
BHPian

Re: 2004 Mercedes Benz E270 CDI - Updated to 67,000 kms

Thanks alot for this Lambo! Great stuff. The next step is to find a good used 5 series in Bangalore- not an easy task as the Merc was sold in much higher volumes here... I think im pretty sold on the 5, provided i get it in the 20L range (from my research so far, people are still demanding 23-25 for this old model). Also surprisingly i noticed that the f10 has lost value pretty quick- was offered a 523i with 10k on the clock for 32L here, which in Mumbai value is about 27!
nirav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 00:55   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
Thanks alot for this Lambo! Great stuff. The next step is to find a good used 5 series in Bangalore- not an easy task as the Merc was sold in much higher volumes here... I think im pretty sold on the 5, provided i get it in the 20L range (from my research so far, people are still demanding 23-25 for this old model). Also surprisingly i noticed that the f10 has lost value pretty quick- was offered a 523i with 10k on the clock for 32L here, which in Mumbai value is about 27!
Get the 5 if you can. However, do keep some money aside for maintenance.
Honestly do remember the high maintenance costs of these cars.
About the 523i, it is a petrol. Great deals were going on them, and resale of petrols are horrible at the moment!
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 19:47   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

So the car is now at 77,000kms, and has not popped up any nasty surprise of late.
In fact, we managed to actually be able to spend on getting the exteriors done up this time around.

Have just sent her in for a full re-coat - there were some blemishes that were acquired in the past 8-9 years, and a couple of small rust bubbles and tree sap marks had developed as well.
Will be getting a couple of interior panels done as well, and will order a new HSP number plate (IND) too.

Plan to keep her for a little bit longer now, as the mechanicals are in good shape, and with the exterior done up, she'll be as good as new.

Gave the car to Shaman Mercedes, based on strong recommendations from a few friends. Quite confident they will do a good job based on a short stroll through their workshop.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 20:14   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Gave the car to Shaman Mercedes, based on strong recommendations from a few friends. Quite confident they will do a good job based on a short stroll through their workshop.
If you don't mind can you please PM me the quote for the job?

I had given a W211 (which I maintain), to Shaman when their paint shop had just started, and they did a stellar job of it. Not a single blemish and I searched real hard!
Never mind that they took 1 month to complete it, but I wasn't complaining given their quote

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 01:02   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
If you don't mind can you please PM me the quote for the job?

I had given a W211 (which I maintain), to Shaman when their paint shop had just started, and they did a stellar job of it. Not a single blemish and I searched real hard!
Never mind that they took 1 month to complete it, but I wasn't complaining given their quote

Thanks,
Simple_car
Hi buddy,

still awaiting their quote. I expect it to be a little on the higher side as there are 4-5 small dents (over a period of 8 years in Mumbai traffic) + 2 small rust bubbles that have to be taken care of.
Have also asked for some other misc. stuff to be done too.
Most of the bills and commercials are dealt with by the office, so will have to check with them. Hopefully, should get some loyalty discount as we've used Shaman for our Fiats and Fords too.
Have been told that it should take 3 weeks, and your experience is making me even more confident of a fantastic outcome.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 19:05   #51
BHPian

>>>

Any further updates?
Also, anyone here who is willing to share his/her experoences with the W211 (E280 CDI of 2007)?
Regards
issigonis
Old 11th May 2016, 12:30   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi guys,

sorry for being MIA for so long from this thread.

The car was sold end-2014 with a little over 80,000 on the odo. Decision was taken due to the low running of the car since 2013 (as the Skoda became the daily drive, this barely did 4,000kms in a year).

However, this Monday was one of the best Monday's an enthusiast can hope for - as I saw her on the highway, being driven carefully by the new owner, and in mint condition! Brought back some amazing memories!

I may not agree on some of the modifications (AMG badge, new rims, blackened tail lamps, parking sensors and reversing camera) he has carried out, but I do respect the way he has maintained her! As an enthusiast, I am happy she is in good hands!

Unfortunately, was running late for a meeting so couldn't stop and catch up with her - but am hoping to have a run in again soon!

Attached a picture of the beauty on the highway - note, she is nearly 12 years old. Doesn't look it!
Also attached is another picture, taken after the paint job in 2013 on Dussehra, one that I had intended to upload, but got too caught up with daily life!
Attached Thumbnails
2004 Mercedes Benz E270 CDI - Updated to 67,000 kms-e270-2013-post-paint-resized.jpg  

2004 Mercedes Benz E270 CDI - Updated to 67,000 kms-img20160509wa035_edit.jpg  

Last edited by lamborghini : 11th May 2016 at 12:32.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks