Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2010, 16:19   #31
BHPian

Nearing 98k

With my versa nudging the 98000kms i have started looking for something slightly bigger...more long legged for the great opens. Actually a tourer with a bed thrown in and also a chemical toilet and a small kitchennette also...So while scouting around the only thing that fitted the bill seems to be the force traveller luxury. Any opinions as to how is the driveability of the vehicle? Meanwhile i hope to post the details of my versa in this forum in the classified section soon and look for some prospective buyers.
As of now the shutting down problem persists but the service station is unable to rectify it since the car behaves impeccably when ever i take it there.

atul
Old 20th August 2010, 20:07   #32

The problem is most likely the optical sensor

My versa DX 2002 had a similar problem. The technician at Sagar Automobiles
Bangalore was very perceptive and recommended we change the sensor.

It took 5 days of waiting and special order from Suzuki Japan, but since the
replacement, there has been no problem.

BTW, this was about 20000 kms ago.

Not sure I remember exactly what the sensor is called. Initially ALL local
mechanics said it is something to do with the fuel system pump / tank / tubes, etc.

Best luck.

REgards
Old 30th December 2012, 20:29   #33
BHPian

Re: Versa - Review after 95,000 kms

Folks, last week i nudged past the 1,17,500 km mark on the odometer. The performance of the vehicle has been stable, it probably is the best city car in terms of performance and space. The original rattles are still there but the shutting down problem went away when the sensor was changed as somebody back in the thread suggested. The door rattle has either gone or i have become used to it since i cant seem to notice it now.

The Versa also has a tendency to make you look down on the cars due to its height (when you experience its SUV like stance). After owning it for more than a lac kms and 9 years all i can say that it has grown on my family like a protective umbrella, my daughter screams at the idea of selling it... In addition to a great city car i have found it to be a great tourer as well. It crunches up miles at 90-120kmph without any sweat and is long legged enough for all day travel without strain- and is a boon for six footers. I have been looking for a slightly more powerful replacement with the same ground clearance and have shortlisted the 'Thar' (being an avid jeep fan hee...hee...). You may see my Versa soon in the classifieds section.

atul

Am planning to buy the thar next as soon as i can let go of my prized possession.

Last edited by GTO : 31st December 2012 at 08:48. Reason: No more than 2 smilies per post please
Old 30th December 2012, 20:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

Atul, it's a great ownership experience for a car much less appreciated by the people. It proves what a Versa is capable of. Alas, I couldn't buy it when it was available as I didn't have the money, and now that I have the money, it's been pruned down to the Eeco.

Regarding the upgrade, depending on your budget you could also look at the Tata Winger, however you may have to carry out a few modifications for the toilet etc.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2013, 20:51   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
now that I have the money, it's been pruned down to the Eeco..
@honybee , the Eeco retains one of Versa's big virtues - its dimensions, which make it such a toy to drive in the City.

I was in Surat last week and enjoyed the drive in my old Versa which I used from 2004 to 2010.

I've driven a Eeco and find the non-PS good enough.

If you're really keen you could go in for the Eeco and dress it up to your liking - and believe me it would be a stunner.

Some good additions that an Eeco can have:
  • Power windows for the front and central locking on all 5 doors
  • alloys with 175/70 tyres
  • bolstered seats
  • spoiler
  • fog lamps
I'd love to own one here in Chennai given the tight traffic here but I don't want to part with my Corolla now.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 11:28   #36
BHPian

After selling off my versa in 2013, i am unable to find a suitable, spacious and as cost effective replacement. Thought i would update you guys so if you still have a versa think twice before disposing it off. Dont like the ecco, the ertiga is too low... and costly, the other SUV's simply too costly. The renault lodgy is too unreliable because of the service network issues, the innova toooo costly.
Old 19th March 2016, 11:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

the Tata Winger or Mahindra Thar are the only worthwhile upgrades from the Versa.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 16:06   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUL SINGH View Post
After selling off my versa in 2013, i am unable to find a suitable, spacious and as cost effective replacement. the innova toooo costly.
You could look at a 2007 Innova V for around 5.5lacs. This is the best MUV at this price point.

ABS and airbags plus a walnut finish for some of the trim are standard.

If the car has been well kept , even 200000kms on the odo isn't an issue.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 09:41   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
You could look at a 2007 Innova V for around 5.5lacs. This is the best MUV at this price point.

ABS and airbags plus a walnut finish for some of the trim are standard.

If the car has been well kept , even 200000kms on the odo isn't an issue.
@Vigsom i agree but my heart is not into a 2nd hand vehicle. I already have a 3rd hand CJ3B. Would prefer a new car any day

As @lurker said a Thar is a viable option but i cant ask my parents and inlaws to sit at the back and get thrown around like in a front load washing machine
Old 2nd June 2016, 20:34   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Why don't you check the Scorpio out? The S2 variant is pretty good when it comes to utility(it does miss out on features though). It is also quite spacious and stands high off the ground too.
Although it won't be as reliable as your Versa is.....
vishy76 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 12:03   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Why don't you check the Scorpio out? The S2 variant is pretty good when it comes to utility(it does miss out on features though). It is also quite spacious and stands high off the ground too.
Although it won't be as reliable as your Versa is.....
Thanks @Vishy76- Trying to evaluate the Ertiga and the new Crysta as an option, although the cost differential is substantial when i look at the Versa

Atul
Old 6th July 2016, 09:40   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Why don't you look at the Xylo H4/H8/H9 ?

This car rides much better than a Versa but is huge.

The other plus is excellent comfort for occupants in all rows of seats.
Old 20th March 2018, 09:41   #43

Anyone selling their versa here?

i need one to use as an animal ambulance, and i was wondering if i should go for a versa or an eeco..

The key consideration being the suspension - it needs to be way more plush than the omni
Old 20th March 2018, 18:57   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeip View Post
Anyone selling their versa here?

i need one to use as an animal ambulance, and i was wondering if i should go for a versa or an eeco..

The key consideration being the suspension - it needs to be way more plush than the omni
Both EECO and Versa have similar rear suspension setups. Ofcourse the ride of Versa is a bit more plusher, but nothing significant.

EECO

Versa - Review after 95,000 kms-eeco.jpg

Versa

Versa - Review after 95,000 kms-versa.jpg

I'd recommend the EECO, if possible the Cargo version due to the huge area at the back. Most Versa you'll find won't be well maintained, and some parts which were exclusive to the Versa are no longer in production or hard to find.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 19:02   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeip View Post
i need one to use as an animal ambulance, and i was wondering if i should go for a versa or an eeco.
The Eeco anyday, for its resale, spare parts and the possibility of getting a much newer car. As far as ride is concerned, they are the same vehicle with identical underpinnings.

Maruti True Value must have a few good examples on sale, check with them.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed