Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2010, 18:35   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Wow thats one 'Monoblock Offender'.

Congratulations Siddhesh!
Dada...Is the endy your next car. (As the Inova is already gone.....)

Waiting for more fun travelogs from you .....
Old 21st July 2010, 09:18   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Dada...Is the endy your next car. (As the Inova is already gone.....)

Waiting for more fun travelogs from you .....
Good Question.

Can't Say what is in store for future but lots of travelogues on the cards, I assure you.
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:54   #63
BHPian

Your views needed

Hi Siddhesh.

Great thread and loads of information and opinions!

I am currently looking out for an Automatic SUV from 18-22 lacs (on-road price) and find myself really attracted to the Fortuner 3.0.
However, I am a little hesitant after reading about the ride quality. Hence I request your frank opinion on this.

You drive the car in Pune all the time. So please let me know-
1. Is the ride quality really that bad and uncomfortable for driving within Pune city, Pune-Mum and Pune-Goa?
2. Do you find it inconvenient to drive the car within the city due to it's size and all?
3. Are passangers in the middle row really thrown around during drives?

Please let me know about this. Your views will really help me. I am going for a Test Drive this weekend.

Regards,
Sameer
Old 22nd July 2010, 23:09   #64
BHPian

initial impressions Endeavor 4x4 3L A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_tangri View Post
I am currently looking out for an Automatic SUV from 18-22 lacs (on-road price) and find myself really attracted to the Fortuner 3.0.
However, I am a little hesitant after reading about the ride quality. Hence I request your frank opinion on this.

1. Is the ride quality really that bad and uncomfortable for driving within Pune city, Pune-Mum and Pune-Goa?
2. Do you find it inconvenient to drive the car within the city due to it's size and all?
I am taking this liberty to respond as I just spent the better part of the day test driving a Endeavor 4x4 3L A/T (Courtsey: Victoria Ford).

The ride quality is not as bad as I thought. Infact it was more composed and confident even when you did overtaking maneuvers. NVH is acceptable, gear lever does not wobble. yes the rear seemed a shade springy & stiff but thats there to keep pitching and excessive bodyroll under control.

The impressive fact is that inspite of it being so very off the ground, it still behaved confidently at 140kmph at which most of the other SUVs I have driven feel wobbly and you lose steam.

The power delivery of the TDCi engine is amazing. Felt no different a Mega-figo TDCi. Afterall TDCi tech is common between them.

Add to that an immense road presence.
Old 23rd July 2010, 15:09   #65
BHPian

Thanks for the information Tirthankar.
You've added to the confusion by saying the drive is not that bad. :-)

I guess I will be able to finalize only after a thorough test Drive.
Old 23rd July 2010, 16:25   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information Tirthankar.
You've added to the confusion by saying the drive is not that bad. :-)

I guess I will be able to finalize only after a thorough test Drive.
I am telling you that honestly about the ride quality. Been using a SUV for last 2.5 years. It seemed more refined and confident than the ones I had before, where at 140kmph I'd get the feeling that I am going to commit Kamikaze.

Take a thorough test drive in the morning hours preferably. Offer to pay for fuel and take it a distance further.

Last edited by btirthankar : 23rd July 2010 at 16:27.
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:10   #67
BHPian

Quick reply, will get back at night tonight...

I have done 170 kmph on a full load, and the Endy simply, simply rocks. Go for it, you will not regret it.
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:31   #68
BHPian

I fully Agree with siddheshb.

I have had my Endy 3.0 AT for almost 9 months now and it's really good off-road as well as in the city. I have managed to do 150 on it once and it felt rock solid.

Its got 11,000 on the odo so far and there are no niggles apart from a strange central locking issue when it was 7 days old that was eventually solved on the 3rd visit to the Ford SS.

Second Free service ( at 10,000Km) cost me Rs. 2500/-.
Old 23rd July 2010, 18:10   #69
BHPian

@siddheshb

Attachment 347146

Mobile phone support is really extensive, providing audio as well as SMS interface. Ability to receive and make calls, access phone book, create/send and receive messages on the go is extremely convenient. Once hooked, you can also use the phone's memory to access and play audio on the car's speeakers.[/quote]

What phone are you using? I cannot access the SMS function with my Sony Ericsson P1i

Attachment 347144

And finally, here's the in-dash Sat Nav from MapMyIndia. I used the in-car unit before, so this was welcome. Does seem to have issues catching the satellites sometimes on cold start, but otherwise works perfectly fine. I do wonder how they will support map upgrades. I couldn't figure it out.
[/quote]

I upgraded to version 4.0 of the maps for free. Its comes on a standard SD card fitted in a black box hidden under the carpet of the front passenger's seat.
Old 23rd July 2010, 23:52   #70
BHPian

Gill, lovely pics of your Endy... loved the stuff on her bonnet...
Old 24th July 2010, 00:01   #71
BHPian

Quote:
le
Hey Sameer, sorry for the late reply - was away from TBHP for some time. Let me know if you want to meet up sometime, can give you a tour in my Endy. I live in Aundh and work near Nal Stop.

Ride quality is not a problem at all, unless you have to take unexpected humps in the road. The car is very comfortable for long drives, for driver as well as passengers. We have done around 5500 km in less than 3 months, and enjoyed every moment of it. Only issue in the city is parking, since you cannot squeeze it in small spaces. But otherwise the size works in your favour - autos, bikes and sedans simply get out of your way
Old 24th July 2010, 00:05   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBilly View Post

What phone are you using? I cannot access the SMS function with my Sony Ericsson P1i

I upgraded to version 4.0 of the maps for free. Its comes on a standard SD card fitted in a black box hidden under the carpet of the front passenger's seat.
HillBilly, thank you for the location of the black box Will check it out in the morning, first thing! This is great!

My phone is a Nokia - and yes, sometimes the SMS function (and for that matter, the phone book) doesn't get activated. Guess it's something to do with what BT functionality is supported by the phone? Anyway, it's a pain to type SMSes on the touch pad, and I definitely don't want my car to read my SMSes to my passengers, so I guess I will live with the problem
Old 24th July 2010, 12:10   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
Hey Sameer, sorry for the late reply - was away from TBHP for some time. Let me know if you want to meet up sometime, can give you a tour in my Endy. I live in Aundh and work near Nal Stop.

Ride quality is not a problem at all, unless you have to take unexpected humps in the road. The car is very comfortable for long drives, for driver as well as passengers. We have done around 5500 km in less than 3 months, and enjoyed every moment of it. Only issue in the city is parking, since you cannot squeeze it in small spaces. But otherwise the size works in your favour - autos, bikes and sedans simply get out of your way
Hey Siddhesh. Thanks a ton for the offer! Would love to meet up and discuss this.
Can you email me your contact number at sameer_tangri@yahoo.com? I'll give you a call and then we can decide.
Old 27th July 2010, 09:13   #74
Senior - BHPian

Nice thread - one of my favourite SUV's and I find it much better than the Fortuner.

Here is a unique video I found off the internet - on Endeavours. Cool !!
Old 9th August 2010, 18:19   #75
BHPian

My recent trip to Shirdi and Shani Shingnapur

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...interland.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks