Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2012, 17:17   #181
BHPian

Re: My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Actually Siddhesh, I was referring to overall diameter when I said "smaller" (by not much anyway). See below:

Attachment 890856

I had considered this size but rejected it as I didn't want to reduce GC and finally went in for a 31x10.5x15LT Bridgestone HT.

Important thing is you're happy with it and that's what really matters. Fellow member Endeavour333 also had this size (and make as well) for quite sometime and did several OTRs with this; it performed very well offroad and onroad. (He's going for 32" btw, as he delves more into offroading).

Sorry, but I am a little confused

245/60 R16 to 255/60 R16. The aspect ratio is the same, the tire width is slightly higher, the Rim is the same, so wouldnt the sidewall and hence the diameter increase slightly?

But yes, even if it's a few mm here and there, I love the look, and I am loving the sound of the tires on the highway, and I have loved throwing the Endy on corners and enjoying the experience... starting to love the Yokos, even more than my all time fav Bridgestones.
Old 20th February 2012, 18:15   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I guess you had to change the OEM alloys since your new tires are 15 inch.
Yup I did. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2563482

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
Sorry, but I am a little confused

245/60 R16 to 255/60 R16. The aspect ratio is the same, the tire width is slightly higher, the Rim is the same, so wouldnt the sidewall and hence the diameter increase slightly?
Aspect ratio for OEM is 70 and 65 for the Yokos.
Old 27th February 2012, 21:57   #183
BHPian

ssh1979, you are right. I missed the calculations earlier. It does reduce by a few mm - the only consolation is, with the tread full strength right now, it evens out at least until these tires wear out

By the way, just back from a trip to Mumbai - pushed them to the limit on the expressway, did some little experiments on handling and braking too - overall, I love them!
Old 13th March 2012, 13:21   #184
BHPian

Did an awesome softroading trip to Rajmachi this Sunday. Follow the thread at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...arch-11th.html

Here are a couple of the best pics from the event. Mods, hope it's OK to repro the pics here, really wanted this thread to have these pics.

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-10.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dsc02726.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dsc02780.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dsc02787.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-endy20dust20low20res.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dscf2204.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-rajmachi_panther.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-tn_dsc_0953.jpg
siddheshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 17:34   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Did an awesome softroading trip to Rajmachi this Sunday.
Hey Siddesh,

So finally I bump into Samara's Thread! Must admit, been a thoroughly enjoyable read for the past 2 hrs, including the videos too. Awesome thread you have going mate!

All I can say is "Now that's the way to relish a car!"

Wishing you many more miles of happy motoring!

The Rachmachi Trip was a success, lets do a few more..

cheers.

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 20th March 2012 at 17:35.
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 22:26   #186
BHPian

Monaro, I am very keen on a Goa dash in the rains... will be amazing fun... TK is game too. Can stay at my abode... so logistics are taken care of already.
Old 23rd March 2012, 01:11   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Monaro, I am very keen on a Goa dash in the rains... will be amazing fun... TK is game too. Can stay at my abode... so logistics are taken care of already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Hey Siddesh,

So finally I bump into Samara's Thread! Must admit, been a thoroughly enjoyable read for the past 2 hrs, including the videos too. Awesome thread you have going mate!

All I can say is "Now that's the way to relish a car!"

Wishing you many more miles of happy motoring!

The Rachmachi Trip was a success, lets do a few more..

cheers.
Awesomeness!!!
Great pics of Samara.
OK the good news is that I just booked the 4x4 2012 toyota fortune and expecting the delivery in 10 days time.

Count me 300% in for the Goa trip,and we camp in my farmhouse in Goa!!!!
Old 27th March 2012, 23:19   #188
BHPian

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4 (40K/2 years)

Just got Samara back from her 40000/2 years service (she completes 2 in another 34 days). Thought this was also a good time to update her thread with my ownership experience.

BLISS.

That's one word that summarizes it.

If you want some more details, read on.

First, the expenses. The service cost barely 5000 - the usual air filters, oil filters, engine oil. I added another 3500 worth of 3M cleaning for the interiors (some denims, when wet, leave some pretty harsh color on the beige leather seats!) and cleaning for the dashboard glass to remove the glare. Got my front brake pads changed (even though the service engineer was convinced they would do for another 4000 kms) - another 3500. The brake pads are something I am very particular about, because of the way I push Samara.

For the last two years, I have pushed her over thousands of potholes, jumped clear taking off from dozens of mega speed bumps (my fav being the one on Baner Rd, opposite Sindh Society), driven her to Rajmachi, pushed her into the water, climbed stairs - most of the times with a full load of scared adults or screaming kids. Yet, there is not a niggle from the suspension, not a lose screw, not a rattling sound. She's as silent as she was the day I took her out of the showroom.

So far, all she's needed are brake pads and oil filters. And yes, oil and coolant. And around 6000 liters of diesel (She did need a change of brake shoes right at the beginning, when I pushed her from Goa to Pune without brake pads, completely ruining the shoes - which Ford amazingly replaced for me under warranty!)

She's got one 3M exterior treatment, and one follow up from 3M, and one more exterior treatment from Jitendra Mali. She's washed every day by the guy who takes care of the chore for me for the last ten years... with a simple cloth and a bucket of (mostly dirty) water. Yet, her sparkling gleaming black gets envious looks from passersby, just like she did on day one.

The leather seats have no tear, and still look beautiful.

The entertainment system still plays like a dream. The navigation system became "unavailable" last week, and all it took was a reset button to get it running up.

I changed the stock MRFs after 35K, and replaced them with some super sexy Yoko Geolanders, although the stocks would have comfortably done another 7-8000 at least. The Rajmachi trip was one reason I rushed the change.

FE wise, I have been getting 7-8 consistently, but with my recently acquired mature driving skills, I seem to be able to push it to almost 9-9.5. Still got to confirm that, but I am not complaining.

When I was contemplating buying a new vehicle two years back, I had TDed a lot of options and narrowed down to a BMW 3 series and a Skoda Laura, before I fell in love with the Endy. Boy, am I glad I found her!

2 years and 40000 kms, and it feels like I've just got her from the showroom. What else can I ask for?
siddheshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 14:06   #189
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Siddhesh, congrats on the 2 years of trouble free driving. Yep that is the one aspect where the endy shines out it does have a suspension that is capable of delivering on the promise and with the fortuner AT - now that is here in India - not having a 4X4 varient the Endy 4X4 AT is the only AT option in this price range for a true blood SUV as yet. (If once can live with the middle and rear seat ride that is. )

- Truly a 4X4 that even our better halves would be comfortable navigating thanks to the AT convenience. - Hope this is not see as gender descrimination - it is the how my better half views it at least - wish the Aria had come with AT when I picked it up.)
Old 5th April 2012, 16:39   #190
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Siddhesh!

When are you guys planning the Goa dash? Might join if work/time permits...

Is it a all guys trip?
Old 5th April 2012, 19:00   #191
BANNED

Re: My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4 (40K/2 years)

Quote:
For the last two years, I have pushed her over thousands of potholes, jumped clear taking off from dozens of mega speed bumps (my fav being the one on Baner Rd, opposite Sindh Society), driven her to Rajmachi, pushed her into the water, climbed stairs - most of the times with a full load of scared adults or screaming kids. Yet, there is not a niggle from the suspension, not a lose screw, not a rattling sound. She's as silent as she was the day I took her out of the showroom.
That is what the Endy gives you, rock solid build quality and a rattle free experience for a long time. I recently drove a media vehicle that had been abused thoroughly by various journos for 23k kms and did not feel/hear a single rattle in it, even during my off road test.

Quote:
FE wise, I have been getting 7-8 consistently, but with my recently acquired mature driving skills, I seem to be able to push it to almost 9-9.5. Still got to confirm that, but I am not complaining.
8 seems to be the normal city FE while you can push it to around 10 on the highway with speeds restricted to 90-100kmph.

Quote:
When I was contemplating buying a new vehicle two years back, I had TDed a lot of options and narrowed down to a BMW 3 series and a Skoda Laura, before I fell in love with the Endy. Boy, am I glad I found her!
I d never go for a Beemer as my daily drive, especially over all roads and usage conditions. I m, however, I ve almost finalised the Laura Elegance DSG as my next car alongside Hariya since there are quite a few happy owners these days.

Oh, by the way, when is that Goa drive happening? Would like to join in if possible.
Old 5th April 2012, 21:12   #192
BHPian

@ACM, yes, my 10 year old drives it (of course, in areas at least as big and empty as football fields), and thinks she can do it in the city too Have to ensure I never leave it unattended at home

@nilanjanray, @n.devdath, I keep going all the time since I hail from Goa, but I would love to do a TBHP drive during the "height" of the monsoons... would be really a lot of fun. The ghats are simply unbelievably beautiful, and Goa is a completely different planet in the rains. Can help with logistics, no issues with that. @kedarwalke has also graciously offered his farmhouse. All guys? - naah, my family and friends would never give me that luxury...

Will open a new thread for the trip sometime in June...

By the way, I might be going next week... Thursday to Sunday.. anyone interested in riding along?

Last edited by siddheshb : 5th April 2012 at 21:14.
Old 6th April 2012, 11:48   #193
BANNED

Quote:
@nilanjanray, @n.devdath, I keep going all the time since I hail from Goa, but I would love to do a TBHP drive during the "height" of the monsoons... would be really a lot of fun. The ghats are simply unbelievably beautiful, and Goa is a completely different planet in the rains. Can help with logistics, no issues with that. @kedarwalke has also graciously offered his farmhouse. All guys? - naah, my family and friends would never give me that luxury...

By the way, I might be going next week... Thursday to Sunday.. anyone interested in riding along?
Let us make it a family trip then, though we are just the 3 of us ( Priti, Hariya and me) in our family.

Next week is not possible for me since Priti would be in Delhi and I would be staying at a friend's place whose father passed away recently, but yes, let us do this Goa getaway in the rains.
Old 6th April 2012, 13:04   #194
BHPian

Just went through your thread. Congratulations on completing 2 years with this monster

The guard on the front makes your car look menacing man!
Old 6th April 2012, 14:49   #195
Senior - BHPian

Firstly many congratulations Siddesh on completing 2 yrs of bliss with the Samara. May this bliss continue for many more miles and years to come!

Quote:

Goa during monsoon! Sounds like a swell plan!

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks