Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2010, 23:05   #1
BHPian

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4

Finally, I got my hands on the Endy!

It was late evening, the light was fading, and I wasn’t even sure I was up for another test ride. But the 4x4 Thunder was around, and I decided to go for it. As I climbed in and took the wheel, I had psyched myself for the experience of driving the huge truck. Oh boy, was I in for a surprise! The moment I pressed the gas pedal, the Endy took off like a tiger unleashed, effortlessly grabbing the opportunity to jump the starting line. The Endy is sheer power, yet a beauty to drive. It took the 40 degree Taliegaon slope with a load of 4 adults and 2 kids as effortlessly as cruising on an expressway. And as we left the tarmac and hit the dirt road, it almost squealed in delight. Rocks, gravel, shrubs and ditches pass under its massive wheels, it’s suspension letting you glide over the terrain while the power steering seems to tell you, don’t worry about guiding me, I can take anything that comes in my way! We took a couple of tight circles at the top of the hills, a merry go round for the kids, while the Endy kicked off a massive dust storm in its wake.

The interiors put all the luxury sedans to shame – an in-dash 6 CD changer, an in-built DVD player with two screens, one in-dash and one on the roof, in-built navigation system, reverse parking camera, individual AC vents for all three rows, plush seats. Sheer luxury.

As we reluctantly got back in the city, we also noticed another reason why it’s a wonderful option for city driving. As you cruise along sitting on what feels like the first floor deck, the sedans and the hatchbacks meekly surrender to the roar of the Endy, immediately moving out of the way. It took a lot of restrain from me to stop me from wanting to gently nudge a few of the not-so-cooperative cars off to the side

I have fallen in love, and small wonder, it’s a Ford baby all over again!
siddheshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2010, 17:26   #2
BHPian

I got my 4x4 Endeavour yesterday, here's the 24 hour report!

The Good

Looks fabulous, great presence on the road, a truly beautiful beast
Cruises fantastic, the diesel engine is absolutely noiseless
Awesome torque, ability to squeal tires
Takes off-road with unbelievable ease, given its size and weight
Beautiful behaviour on fast turns, fluid and smooth, securely rooted to the tarmac while swaying gently on the suspension
Posh and comfortable interiors, truly a premium segment experience

The Not So Good

Suspension is jarry on bad roads at slow speeds, rear in uncomfortably jumpy on those sudden speed breakers
Roof-mounted DVD screen didn't power on, probably not fitted correctly (or I don't know how to make it wake up!)

The Small But Significant Things

Independent AC controls for all three rows, cooling is fast and effective
Wonderful media & entertainment system - rocking speakers
Integrated GPS and Navigation from MapMyIndia
Integrated Bluetooth, seamless access to phone's dialled/received/missed call list, automatic call reception
Rear view camera for parking is super convenient
Inadequate lighting for the front row, lights positioned towards middle row
The chiller is a wonderful accessory (although I have yet to receive it)
Light thrown up by rear view mirror assembly when opening door ensures you don't step into puddles, lovely feature!
Alti-theft nuts for tires also a good idea! (again, I am yet to receive them)

Some pictures of my Endeavour

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-1.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-2.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-3.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 2nd May 2010 at 17:16. Reason: Note from Mod : It is imperative for you to upload pictures via the Team-BHP attachment system only. Reloading.
siddheshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2010, 00:03   #3
BHPian

Congrats Siddhesh on your purchase! Have mile-loads of fun on the Endy and drive safe!
Old 2nd May 2010, 17:19   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the beast, Siddhesh! The new Endy has a superb engine, and is built like a truck (literally, and equally robust). It's got excellent highway cruising ability. The only single downer is the ride quality, thanks to the leaf spring rear suspension. The AT gearbox, on the other hand, makes light work of driving in the city.

Drive safe.
Old 2nd May 2010, 21:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey Siddhesh ,Congrats Man .
This car is surely a beast.
Man its so BIG, isn't it . I still remember the day i saw this car in Lajpath Nagar in delhi and my first reaction was "HUGE" and a person standing next to me was asking his friend/colleague " is this a truck or a SUV".
Im sure it will be real fun to drive this beast.
Post some pictures of the interiors also
Cheers mate.
Njoy

Last edited by Schoudhury : 2nd May 2010 at 21:50.
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:01   #6
BHPian

Wow !! Congrats on the beast Siddhesh. Could you please post a few pics of the Interiors, would love to see them. Congrats again and enjoy the beast.
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:01   #7
BHPian

Best Wishes. This is one SUV which will make you king of roads. Enjoy driving the beast. Please do post some interior pictures.
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your buy!
she looks spectacular in black. If i were you i would loose the Vinyls
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:20   #9
BHPian

Congrats mate, its really huuuuge SUV, but I am sure once you get on to driver seat it won't give you much trouble. The only time Endy looks scary when you drive it rash. I have seen one such endy following me in Delhi and honking badly from behind, I felt like it will going to enter my honda(now sold). Before I could I have decided to give him the way, he zoomed from left. Anyways congrats and have a enjoyable experience on this monster.
sam003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2010, 00:07   #10
BHPian

Congrats Siddhesh,Its an awesome vehicle on or off road and looks terrific in black.Take good care of it and drive safe.
Old 3rd May 2010, 02:44   #11
Max
BHPian

you own this? you own the road now . Get some special number, full black glasses and put indian flags around, I bet they wont stop you at toll plaza's thinking its politician or VIP car. LOL. and if you happen to wear white saffari, If somebody stops you, you can just come out and give them peace of your mind, person will think twice or thrice before arguing with you. LOL.
Old 3rd May 2010, 03:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dude. I appreciate your choice to have the Endy when most people wait for months to get their hands on a not so good Fortuner. Get the windows tinted and you're having a real stunner.
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:46   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats sir!

The Endy is indeed imposing with its looks. The AT is a boon on this vehicle.

Get the windows tinted along with bull bar.

Enjoy many more miles on the Endy
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:43   #14
BHPian

Congrats for the new truck Siddhesh !!!
Man its huge....Its really a monster
Its really an awesome vehicle on or off road and looks great in black.
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:15   #15
BHPian

Congrats Siddhesh... Endy AT is a superb vehicle and I completely agree with you on your statement - "The moment I pressed the gas pedal, the Endy took off like a tiger unleashed, effortlessly grabbing the opportunity to jump the starting line." except one word - I would replace "tiger" with "cheetah". I am just biased to "cheetah"

Look-wise - LION.

I decided to go with Endy 3.0L 4X4 AT till the point I got inside the vehicle. The only and major concern that stopped me buying this was the seat height. None of the seats including front (driver seat) didnt have enough height for comfortable sitting.

I always went for test drive with couple of my colleagues who decides on sitting comfort in middle & rear seats along with my wife & kid.

The big gang just rejected Endy for the above reason and I couldnt convince them after I tried it myself.

Ofcourse, then, went for the native LION, Safari No regrets.

Good luck on your Endy and have a safe motoring.

Prem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks