Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:36   #136
BHPian

re: My new 2.0L CR TDi Jetta Comfortline - 75,000 km *UPDATE*

Cool. I live in Ashok Nagar. Work in Guindy/Adyar. So there is little chance I might come to Tambaram. I will pm you when I have any work that side. I come sometimes to Pallikaranai. I will come off to Tambaram one of those days.
Old 21st May 2013, 12:11   #137
BHPian

Done 5 services so far, 2 at Abra Motors, and the last 3 at TVS in Chennai. It has been a pleasure owning and driving this car. Her 3rd birthday was May 2nd 2013. So I thought I should gift her and yes indirectly myself something. Red Rooster Performance had advertised in the newspaper on a 3 day camp at Privilege Carz Spa in Chennai that test drive vehicles from Bangalore would be down here for testing.

Excited at the idea I jumped on it and went and test drove the Innova. Not impressive. Scorpio, yes that's something. I wanted to know if they had an Octavia or Laura with the box that I could test. They didn't have it, but they said they could fit a test box in my car and I could test it on my car itself. But they didn't have the wiring harness for this model of the Jetta which they had to get from Bangalore. Asked them to get it, without any commitment from my side. They asked me to come at 11am the next day.

This delay gave me the time to do my research on the Spider diesel tuning box on team-bhp. By a thread by Endeavour333 I was almost fully convinced that Spider is the box I should be getting. As expected, they didn't get it until 2.30pm, I had been calling from morning to follow up. But I could go only by around 4pm. The fitting of the box and BMC lifetime air filter together took hardly 10 minutes. I had read on this above mentioned thread that the box will take around 50km to learn and adapt to your driving style. Took a test drive around the place which is around 1km before paying up. It costed 34.5k for both (28.5k for the box and 5,950 for the BMC). The initial test drive was as expected, disappointing, but the air filter showed an immediate difference.

Now I've completed the required 50km, and my car feels like a totally new beast. I can feel the rush immediately after the turbo opens up in 2nd gear. In-gear acceleration is excellent. It never feels underpowered. I have always drooled at Skoda L&K's 140bhp cars. After the new Jetta came home for dad, the desire for more power just went higher. Now no longer the case. I enjoy driving my own car better than the 140 stock engine.

Mods: Can you change the title from 30,000kms update to 75,000 kms update and move the thread to Long Term Ownership Reviews

Last edited by deepakchan : 21st May 2013 at 12:14. Reason: Grammatical mistake
Old 23rd May 2013, 07:06   #138
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that deepak. I see your car completing 75k. Did you face any ac issues which is suppose to spring up around 35-45k.

Do share a little more on the box please. Pictures and difference in acceleration and top end. Nit that this car needed a change but something extra is always better
Old 21st June 2013, 16:08   #139

Honestly I recommend a remap. The CR110 engine is basically the same as the CR140 one found in the current gen Jetta / Laura DSG - only detuned.

So if you remap that particular engine, it is possible to get power levels found on remapped CR140 engines... which is somewhere around 180-190 hp.I recently got it done from Tune-O-Tronics, and it's a recommend for this car.

Quite frankly to me the only negative aspect of the Jetta MKV in India was the power; otherwise you'll be hard pressed to find a more fun-to-drive manual diesel in this side of 20 lakhs.
Old 20th December 2018, 23:44   #140
BHPian

Ho guys anyone owning the jetta 2010 crdi has issues with the turbocharger. Mine has done about 1.8 L kms on the odo and the check engine light is on. Got is checked at the devices center. They say it is the turbocharger issues. Anyone had luck with after market stuff because i don't want to shell out 1.5 L for the turbo for a 8 yrs old car. I am redoing the suspension. Suggestions are most welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks