Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2010, 16:44   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
Yes of course it is worth maintaining the German. After all, I spend 40% of the money I used to spend on a Japanese petrol on fuel.
don't tell me. I am using the German petrol (Laura TSI). It's a rocket but switching over from Honda City does not give me any joy of fuel savings. So people like me surely can use a couple of free services.

After all, only labour is free in "free service" and that's a bare minimum goodwill norm in India that VW should follow...

BTW, why are you paying for the rear lamp rather than claiming insurance? NCB?
Old 27th October 2010, 18:25   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

After all, only labour is free in "free service" and that's a bare minimum goodwill norm in India that VW should follow...

BTW, why are you paying for the rear lamp rather than claiming insurance? NCB?
Yes. The amount is very negligible considering the fact that for plastic items and lights, its only 50% irrespective of the age of the vehicle and 500 policy excess which means I will get only around 2k from the insurance which is nowhere compared to the NCB that I would get by the end of the year.
Old 31st October 2010, 19:47   #93

Quote:
Yes. The amount is very negligible considering the fact that for plastic items and lights, its only 50% irrespective of the age of the vehicle and 500 policy excess which means I will get only around 2k from the insurance which is nowhere compared to the NCB that I would get by the end of the year.
This is my first post after becoming a member on TBHP. I just got my new JETTA COMFORTLINE last Friday. I have been reading the articles on TBHP the past one year. Just became a member 2 weeks back. I must say that reading Deepakchan's thread was a great inspiration to buy my Jetta. II think this is not the place to post this right? Posting it anyway !
Old 1st November 2010, 10:39   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carradio View Post
This is my first post after becoming a member on TBHP. I just got my new JETTA COMFORTLINE last Friday. I have been reading the articles on TBHP the past one year. Just became a member 2 weeks back. I must say that reading Deepakchan's thread was a great inspiration to buy my Jetta. II think this is not the place to post this right? Posting it anyway !
Welcome to T-BHP. Similar to my thread being inspirational to you, I had an inspiration from another thread, which I have mentioned in the first post in this thread. That's the spirit of the T-BHP community. Looking forward for your buying experience and initial ownership reports.
Old 1st November 2010, 11:07   #95
BHPian

@deepakchan and @carradio

Congrats guys for buying this excellent German car. I am in the process of selecting a C+ segment sedan for myself. Having driven the Cruze and the Civic I realized that these are great cars but the experience is soured somewhat due to their tendencies to scrape over even medium sized speed-breakers. How has you experience been w.r.t. the GC of the Jetta so far? I see from the specs that the Jetta has an even lower GC. However the wheelbase is shorter. So how is the overall effect?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ext-car-3.html
Old 1st November 2010, 12:14   #96
BHPian

@gloryman

I already had a Civic. So I know what you mean. Touchwood! till today from the time I picked up the Jetta I haven't scraped the bottom even once. For the Civic, it was once in a couple of days. So its like a huge difference for me. From my experience, the GC on paper doesn't matter. Take a test drive and see for yourself is my mantra. I have sometimes misjudged some speedbreakers and hit them at close to 30kmph. But still it hasn't hit the bottom. I do not drive with people at the back most of the times, so I can't say if it does hit the bottom with occupants at the rear. But it is loads better than the Civic. That much I can say having owned both the cars. The cruze looks a little lower to me visually than the Jetta. Test it out on your everyday commute route before you take a call. But the Cruze as I had already mentioned in the thread, didn't allow me to sit comfortably behind the front seat kept at my optimal driving position and the suspension was too stiff for my standards.
Old 1st November 2010, 13:44   #97
BHPian

First (paid) service

Quote:
My Jetta has completed 14.8k kms and I left the car for first service today morning. The rear tail lamp RHS was broken a few weeks back and I wanted to replace that on paid basis. They said the tail lamp would cost 5.8k my bill is 15k
>>> deepakchan,

I checked my bill for my first service and it was about Rs 6k. Sorry I qouted a wrong amount (did not recollect the amount).

Regards, drive safe
Old 1st November 2010, 21:23   #98

Great to finally get a post onto a thread on TBHP. Feel like being a part of a giant community who are passionate about their driving and riding machines. Regarding the Jetta, I had taken a test drive way back in Oct 2008. Glad I bought the present version with the new 2.0 L TDi engine and the touchscreen audio. I think if you really love driving this is the perfect car in this segment.
Old 1st November 2010, 21:44   #99

Quote:
Welcome to T-BHP. Similar to my thread being inspirational to you, I had an inspiration from another thread, which I have mentioned in the first post in this thread. That's the spirit of the T-BHP community. Looking forward for your buying experience and initial ownership reports.
Thankyou, Deepachan for the welcome. I have just started getting the hang of writing on the net. Will definitely try to take pictures and start a thread on my ownership experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryManUnited View Post
@deepakchan and @carradio

Congrats guys for buying this excellent German car. I am in the process of selecting a C+ segment sedan for myself. Having driven the Cruze and the Civic I realized that these are great cars but the experience is soured somewhat due to their tendencies to scrape over even medium sized speed-breakers. How has you experience been w.r.t. the GC of the Jetta so far? I see from the specs that the Jetta has an even lower GC. However the wheelbase is shorter. So how is the overall effect?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ext-car-3.html
@GloryManUnited Thanks. Even I had my doubts regarding the GC. When I asked the sales guy his reply was that even though the GC is only 152mm, maybe even lower than the Civic, it doesn't hit speedbreakers because the Jetta is supposed to have a sturdier suspension
Old 25th November 2010, 17:41   #100
BHPian

Congrats guys for buying this excellent car. My friend has this car with the stock 16" alloy wheels. The manual says to maintain the tyre pressure of 32 PSI for two people and 40 PSI when driving with 5 people. The dealer is unable to explain this. Any reason for this wide difference in tyre pressure?
Old 6th December 2010, 13:01   #101
BHPian

Question to all VW Jetta owners :

With the replacement Jetta coming next year, is VW giving any kind of assurance on spare/body parts availability for the current model in the long term (say, 3-4 years down the line) ?
Old 6th December 2010, 15:32   #102
BHPian

>>>
sabynag,

Will check. Do not think it will be an issue. You may check my thread on service related points re. the Jetta.
------------------------------------------

Will take my Red Baron for a healthcheck (it has done about 19.5 k kms in 18 months) as I will be driving it on a Bombay-Uttarakhand-Delhi-Bombay run in a few weeks' time.

Regards, drive safe
Old 7th December 2010, 12:00   #103
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carradio View Post
When I asked the sales guy his reply was that even though the GC is only 152mm, maybe even lower than the Civic, it doesn't hit speedbreakers because the Jetta is supposed to have a sturdier suspension
GC is only one of the many reasons why cars scrape their underbelly over large speed breakers. The Jetta has a stiffer suspension & a shorter wheelbase; that's why, despite the outright GC being lesser, it won't touch speedbreakers unnecessarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
With the replacement Jetta coming next year, is VW giving any kind of assurance on spare/body parts availability for the current model in the long term (say, 3-4 years down the line) ?
You can be assured of spare parts support for alteast 10 years after the model has been discontinued. Plus, don't forget the millions of Jettas sold across the globe.

With Germans, and I assure this, you will be shopping online for parts once your car is over 4 - 5 years old. Why? Simply because, some online resources provide the same part to you at 1/2 (or less) the dealership cost.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2011, 18:35   #104
BHPian

re: My new 2.0L CR TDi Jetta Comfortline - 75,000 km *UPDATE*

A two wheeler rider who had less than a peanut sized brain twisted the left side view mirror as far front as it can go when I was stationary at a junction near the Guindy Industrial Estate. The lens covering the indicators on the mirror and the puddle lamp is half broken. Tried twisting the mirror back to its original position and the opening and closing electronically seems to be working fine. But when the left one opens / closes, there is some kind of a screeching noise.

Immediately called VW service and asked anxiously if the whole mirror assembly has to be changed or there are serviceable parts available. The guy said of course there are some serviceable parts which include the cover which is painted in body color and also the lens covering the indicators. He made my day. My baby has done almost 29k kms. So I thought I shall just have the lens changed during the 30k service.

My question is can I have the same mirror and just have the lens changed and live with the screeching noise or change the whole assembly or the workshop personnel will be able to do something about the noise?
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:25   #105
BHPian

re: My new 2.0L CR TDi Jetta Comfortline - 75,000 km *UPDATE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

You can be assured of spare parts support for alteast 10 years after the model has been discontinued. Plus, don't forget the millions of Jettas sold across the globe.
Perhaps for the Jetta. I know 10 years is supposed to be the norm for all discontinued cars but I had a tough time looking around (through the dealer network) for certain parts for the Esteem around Oct 2010. Had met with a head on collision and the dashboard center console and my exhaust installation was simply not available! I ultimately am using a second hand centre console picked up from the Kurla market!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks