Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 18:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Great Sajo, would really wait for that post!!
Old 17th May 2010, 19:16   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Sajo. Wishing you many more happy miles

Even after all these years, the Swift-P is sailing on steady wrt the sales chart with a sarcastic smile at all the new entrants in the B segment (Petrol).
Old 17th May 2010, 21:25   #18
BHPian

Thank you sajo for replying to all our queries.
Please post more pictures of the car.is there any difference in the interior fabric?
I heard some one tell that the upholstery's changed.
Is the steering telescopic too?
Old 17th May 2010, 21:35   #19
BHPian

Congrats sajo for the K-Swift. Swift review after such a long time. The design still looks so fresh. Have there been changes in the interior front as well?
Enjoy the "swift" ride.
Old 18th May 2010, 10:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Have there been changes in the interior front as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
is there any difference in the interior fabric?
I heard some one tell that the upholstery's changed.
Is the steering telescopic too?
AFAIK, there have been no significant changes in the car's interiors. As for the upholstery, I have never been in a Swift with the stock clothing (except mine), so I really dont know. However, I think it is quite the same as before.

Manjith, the steering is tilt adjustable.

EDIT : I thank the car and the ABS which was instrumental in avoiding a major incident today in my first ever commute to office by car. While everybody else was waiting for their turn to merge into the highway going towards Wakad from Chandani chowk, at the opening near Praj, to yobos on a splendor decided waiting was for dummies and decided to swing right into the middle of the road. I was in 5th at about 60kmph, and I slammed the brakes hard along with a swerve to avoid running into them. They were dead slow having just started, and another Verna which was overtaking me from the left narrowly avoided running into me.

Last edited by sajo : 18th May 2010 at 10:54.
Old 18th May 2010, 11:44   #21
BANNED

Congratulations dude. Looks like a charm. Good to see a swift owner again for good reasons. Nice color, try protecting the shine.
Old 18th May 2010, 12:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Dude,

congrats on your car. Been waiting for your report now. can you please share your driving experiences so far? mileage (if you calculating)? also please post some interior pics.

Congrats once again. Drive Safe.

Cheers!
Old 18th May 2010, 12:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats sajo. You will not regret this decision. Our car is going great guns at 1600 km.

One advice would be, do think about installing 2 speakers on parcel tray instead of the OE speakers in rear doors. The tray will be able to accomodate larger speakers. Of course, do not proceed if the warranty will be nullified by the installation. An option would be to purchase the speakers yourself, and ask the dealer to do the installation. The dashboard looks extremely classy with the OE HU.

Enjoy the car
Old 18th May 2010, 12:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Swift ZXi is a great choice; personally to me, when someone settles for a car, it is always advisable to settle in for the top model, unless the price is very steep & the additional goodies you get are peanuts. Swift ZXi offers a real goodies for this price. Congratulations & don't forget to post the reviews on & after first & second services.
Old 18th May 2010, 14:36   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Decision Process :

Why the Figo was eliminated :

What finally made me eliminate the Figo was the lack of some features like rear power windows, alloy wheels and smaller things like steering mounted stereo controls and climate control
@ Sajo..Agree on the rear power windows part. But don't think swift comes with alloy wheels and and steering mounted stereo controls. The Punto has the the audio mounted stereo controls though
Old 18th May 2010, 15:35   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post
@ Sajo..Agree on the rear power windows part. But don't think swift comes with alloy wheels and and steering mounted stereo controls. The Punto has the the audio mounted stereo controls though
Hi. Swift ZXI does come with allow wheels and steering mounted audio controls.

Last edited by BhaskarKumar : 18th May 2010 at 15:36.
Old 19th May 2010, 10:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
can you please share your driving experiences so far? mileage (if you calculating)? also please post some interior pics.
As far as driving experiences go, I would say that the Swift is now even more city friendly than before. Feels nippy and zippy in the right measures in the city and on the highway too.

I must say that I am babying the car as of now, and upshift at 2k RPM religiously, even on the highway.

I do not know the mileage as of now, as its only in its first tankful (42.7 litres) . However, in the first 130 odd kilometers, it hasnt budged from the "F" position at all (leading me to believe its broken :P ).

I am getting to know the car as of now, and I will post further driving updates over time. Also, will take and post some interior and more exterior pics soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Our car is going great guns at 1600 km.
The dashboard looks extremely classy with the OE HU.
Great to know that Akmar, your mileage updates were one of the reasons I bought the Swift. :-) .

I agree with the OE HU enhancing the looks of the dash. Upgrading the speakers is an option, I will surely explore in the near future because as all budget (most) OE systems go, this one is a bit flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post
But don't think swift comes with alloy wheels and and steering mounted stereo controls.
e-biz, the Swift ZXi does come with steering mounted audio controls and alloy wheels (Check out the pic in the first post).
Old 19th May 2010, 13:06   #28
agm
BHPian

Congrats Mate for the new ride .

Swift still is one of the best hatch , especially now with the k series engine .

I was quite suprprised that there are hardly any thread related to the Swift K series .But now we have this one , and i for one will follow this thread closely !

Drive safe

Edit : - Would like to see some more snaps , especially interiors .Also , the spare tyre is a alloy or the normal one?

Last edited by agm : 19th May 2010 at 13:21.
Old 20th May 2010, 09:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Edit : - Would like to see some more snaps , especially interiors .Also , the spare tyre is a alloy or the normal one?
Thanks AGM. I will click some more pics of the car (including interiors) over the weekend and post them.
The spare wheel is also an alloy.

Now I am looking out for sun-film for the windows (still not sold on the idea of one for the front windscreen), any idea which one allows maximum % of visible light to filter through ?
Old 20th May 2010, 13:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great to know that Akmar, your mileage updates were one of the reasons I bought the Swift. :-) .
Glad to know that Now our car is on its 3rd tankful. It had done approx 350-360 km on this tankful when I last checked it. Needle was just below halfway mark at that time.

Quote:
Now I am looking out for sun-film for the windows (still not sold on the idea of one for the front windscreen), any idea which one allows maximum % of visible light to filter through ?
Yeah I am also not comfortable with the idea of having film on front windscreen. We too haven't installed sun film yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks