Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 10:06   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
@sajo that was a nice and succinct update.The car does pull your heartstrings!
Thanks man. And you are right, the car does pull my heartstrings unlike no other. Thats one of the reasons I didn't buy the i20(didnt even TD it) , inspite of it being seen as a more sensible choice between the two by many.
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:02   #92
Senior - BHPian

Advice Needed.

Grummppfff...phruummpfff.
The (sickening) sound made by metal scraping against concrete. Concrete blocks in my case.
In order to get around a bunch of schoolkids who were walking too close to my car, I veered too close to a set of concrete blocks(some upright, some not, I think I hit a "sleeping" one) which form a temporary roundabout. Result was the sound I heard while completing my turn.

Drove 18kms to office, got down to inspect the damage there. Some scratches on the lower portions of the right rear door. Thought it was splattered dirt earlier on, rubbed it vigorously only to find it wont go. But thankfully, no deformed metal.

Should have gotten those rubber beadings that run along the length of the car, giving it those valuable extra centimeter or two, but I didnt really like them as they spoil the smooth flowing shape of the doors/bumpers.

So my question : Should I get it done from a M.A.S.S. or a local garage who might get it done cheaply ? As far as I see it, all it needs is a minor touch up job.
Or will the entire door need repainting ? I am sure M.A.S.S will advice me to do that.
I will post some pics later on of the spot.
Old 3rd September 2010, 23:29   #93
Senior - BHPian

Ouch.

My suggestion is, leave it as it is. If you MUST fix it, repaint the whole door. Local touch up may show the paint difference over time.
Old 4th September 2010, 05:14   #94
Senior - BHPian

Bad luck about the scratches.

While I'd wait for the pictures before suggesting anything strongly, I'd say that the first step should be a nice polish. While the polish might seem like excess expenditure, it'll help in cleaning up the area and give you a better perspective of the amount of damage. It'll also protect the paint (hence prevent rust formation) while you decide what to do about it.

I'd suggest touching up done at a local garage with a reasonably good paintshop (doesn't have to be a hermetically sealed one, but shouldn't be something out in the open).
Old 4th September 2010, 11:07   #95
Senior - BHPian

A wash later, the imperfections on the door itself are all but invisible. There is a wee bit on the lower side, but its nothing worth fretting over, and I am gonna let it remain!

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0599.jpg

Also, I placed a call today to the dealer, but they still havent received my RC book/card from the RTO. Can recent car buyers from Pune please confirm if there is an issue with the RTO for May 2010 registered vehicles?
Old 4th September 2010, 12:22   #96
BHPian

Most of the scratches will fade by using a Rubbing Compound followed by a Polish.
Old 4th September 2010, 12:28   #97
Senior - BHPian

Hey thanks guys, I will explore the DIY option further given the small magnitude of the things involved.

@Mods : Can you please rename the thread as 2500 Km Update, instead of "delivered" ? Thanks a lot!
Old 11th September 2010, 23:53   #98
Senior - BHPian

After warming up, my car's engine idles at 800 rpm. Silent and refined, all well and good.
But when I switch on the auto climate control, to say, 22 degrees or lower, the rpms shoot to over 1100 rpm. Is this behaviour normal ?
I mean, a hundred or so rpm increase when AC is switched on is okay, according to me.
FE still hovers near the 15kmpl mark, all with AC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
@Mods : Can you please rename the thread as 2500 Km Update, instead of "delivered" ? Thanks a lot!

Last edited by sajo : 11th September 2010 at 23:54.
Old 12th September 2010, 00:13   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post

Sajo, the easiest way to get the mods attention for something like a thread title change is to press the triangle report post button and write a small message to them!
Old 14th September 2010, 14:16   #100
Senior - BHPian

The ride lately had become somewhat bumpy, so yesterday after refueling, decided to get my tyre pressure checked at the Shell fuel bunk. I normally do the same at a tyre shop near my home, and ensure in his (analogue, though not the dial kind) gauge that it is 30 psi all around.
To my astonishment, the air was 36 Psi in the front right and rear left side tyre and 35 and 34 in the other two. I was like .

Dunno which guy I should be trusting, the tyre guy, who sells and deals with tyres for a living or the shell gauge.

It is 30Psi as per that meter now, and the rolling noise seems to have gone down at speeds in excess of 80kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Sajo, the easiest way to get the mods attention for something like a thread title change is to press the triangle report post button and write a small message to them!

Ohh, I was always of the opinion that it will earn me a system generated infraction, so never tried that option. Thanks for the tip, will try now.
Old 5th October 2010, 23:00   #101
DKW
BHPian

Hello Sajo, I'm planning to book a swift ZXi this month snd this after reading countless reviews of other Hatchbacks available. I feel Swift has the best of everything and is good VFM.
It's a sound investment considering the excellent A.S.S. of Maruti.
Could you kindly list the Accessories I should be looking out for? Thanks
Old 6th October 2010, 19:33   #102
Senior - BHPian

@Sajo: 1100 rpm is indeed a bit high in my opinion. The rise in prm is not so high in our car - its just 100-200 rpm increase. Our car's second servicing was done recently. It looks like service centre has reduced the idle rpm. It now hovers around 600 rpm instead of earlier 800 rpm. And by the way, maruti recommended pressure is 33 psi.
Old 6th October 2010, 22:51   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
@Sajo: 1100 rpm is indeed a bit high in my opinion. The rise in prm is not so high in our car - its just 100-200 rpm increase. Our car's second servicing was done recently. It looks like service centre has reduced the idle rpm. It now hovers around 600 rpm instead of earlier 800 rpm. And by the way, maruti recommended pressure is 33 psi.
Idle at 600 rpm? Is it something wrong with the setting or the tacho? I am hearing it for the first time, a swift idling at 600 rpm.
Old 7th October 2010, 11:01   #104
Senior - BHPian

My car now automatically settles at 600rpm without the servicing having to do anything with it. I think its an ECU thing. At this point its so silent, if you dont look at the tacho, you wont hear a thing. Earlier it used to idle at around 800 rpm. This is only after the engine is sufficiently warmed up though, and the AC switched off. @DKW : I agree, the Swift is great VFM compared to its competitors, coupled with a good service network and reliability. Power and good FE is an added bonus. Accessories , you may want to get reverse sensors, because of the thick C-Pillars seeing whats behind you may become difficult. Some nice leather inserts and seat covers look good too! I suggest you dont go for the low quality and overpriced Maruti mats either, get good quality ones fitted from outside. I have them and I plan to hunt around and get them changed. My car has done only around 3600 kms so far. All within the city , with an average fuel efficiency of 14.5kmpl, 100% AC, 25% first gear crawl.
Old 17th October 2010, 18:36   #105
DKW
BHPian

Hello Sajo, I was in Goa for 4 days and got the swift ZXI booked at Aryaman Sai. The color is Mettalic Sunlight Copper. Was impressed by their service as they arranged the test drive at home. The showroom is around 15 kms from where I am. The K series engine is a scorcher and the ride and handling is immaculate. I'll be taking delivery after the 15th December when I go back again.

After the test drive there were no doubts in considering any other car.
Just wanted to know from you what are these sump guards? I spoke to the service advisor but he didnt know much about it. You have mentioned it in this forum as providing underbody protection. I'd like to add them too. Kindly advise and waiting for some more updates.
Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks