Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 22:44   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: My PAL Peugeot 309 - A French Connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Ram, here is wishing you a lot of happy (s)miles with the PAL Peugeot 309!!
Thanks Rahul.Peugeot 309 is an amazing car and am proud of it.One of the most rugged car I have seen till date.
Will soon post some of the Peugeot memorabilia that brought from Paris during my recent visit.

Last edited by .anshuman : 17th June 2011 at 00:01. Reason: Quote tags fixed. Thanks
Old 15th August 2011, 17:52   #92

So, how is the Peugeot 309 doing? Any picture?
Old 15th August 2011, 21:14   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alargeau View Post
So, how is the Peugeot 309 doing? Any picture?
Peugeot is doing very well.Part of my daily rides to work and mostly city drives.Love the car for its robustness.
Old 15th August 2011, 21:18   #94

Don't you have problems with parts? Sometimes, I cannot get parts myself, but hopefully I can find them elsewhere.
Some months ago, I received an email from an Indian who wanted a dashboard.
Old 15th August 2011, 22:04   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't you have problems with parts? Sometimes, I cannot get parts myself, but hopefully I can find them elsewhere.
Some months ago, I received an email from an Indian who wanted a dashboard.
I dont have problem with parts in India as they are available in my city in the after markets.
Old 16th August 2011, 13:18   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I dont have problem with parts in India as they are available in my city in the after markets.
Ok then. I thought this was the big problem in India. I remember in University we studied the case of Peugeot in India with the 309 and the mistakes made with parts. We were taught the car was very appreciated by the press, but owners waited a long time for parts to arrive. This was, as they said, the big problem with the 309, and the main reason why the car failed.
Old 17th September 2011, 22:28   #97

Where can I find The parts for this car in Maharashtra : Nasik, Pune Mumbai. One of my friend has this car and we want to restore it.
Old 17th September 2011, 23:48   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keanu_reeves View Post
Where can I find The parts for this car in Maharashtra : Nasik, Pune Mumbai. One of my friend has this car and we want to restore it.
My mechanic sources parts from City motors in Opera house,mumbai.you should try there.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 09:59   #99
Senior - BHPian

@Hillram: Great restoration job. I did a school run in a petrol 309 in the mid '90's and could not guess where the horn was, till the end. It's at the end of the light stalk, I think. I had a M800 then and this was as easy to drive as the M800, very nice car.
Old 6th October 2011, 14:54   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Offlate after the servicing,i started to get a sort of creaky noises when im turning the steering wheel.One thing is that the whole dashboard was opened to set right the Air con system.Could this have created some issue on the steering column to produce these noises?
congrats on the beast. I had this mean machine for three years and did around 10k kms in it. unfortunately for me the list of spares i changed goes long. will tell about my experience with the car later. now to a more important point. you have mentioned noise from the steering can throw some light on that. when i first saw the name 309 this is the issue that came to my mind and i seriously wished that it dont happen to you. When you say creaky noise do you mean like plastic or metal scrubbing against each other or some like a rolling metal noise?
Old 6th October 2011, 20:30   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrer View Post
congrats on the beast. I had this mean machine for three years and did around 10k kms in it. unfortunately for me the list of spares i changed goes long. will tell about my experience with the car later. now to a more important point. you have mentioned noise from the steering can throw some light on that. when i first saw the name 309 this is the issue that came to my mind and i seriously wished that it dont happen to you. When you say creaky noise do you mean like plastic or metal scrubbing against each other or some like a rolling metal noise?
This creaking noise appears in a very peculiar manner.When the Peugeot isleft in the hot sun for couple of hours,the cabin gets heated up and this is when the creaking nosie from the steering appears when ever i turn the car.Its more of some sort of rubber noise agaisnt plastic.Once the temperature cools off,the noise disappears.Peculiar isnt it?
Old 6th October 2011, 20:46   #102
BHPian

i had the similar noise from my qualis which is then corrected by removing and refitting the plastic cover around the steering column but in my case heat didnt play a role. from what you say is there some loose plastic or rubber part getting expanded when it gets hot and rub against each other ?
anyways thank God that its not the rumbling noise i was talking about, the one i referred is from steering boot and/or drive shaft. i had issues with both, changed the steering boot but drive shaft was hell expensive infact thats the reason why i sold it.
Old 16th January 2012, 15:42   #103

Do you know other Peugeot 309 owners?
Old 22nd January 2012, 16:10   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you know other Peugeot 309 owners?
There is a 309 right next to my house,as I met the owner recently.The car is not used and it was offered to me.
It didnt have a battery,so couldnt start it.
Old 26th January 2012, 06:50   #105

One next to your house?? I thought they were very rare in India.
I receive lots of emails from Indian owners who have apparently difficulties to find parts. And most of the time, they ask for a dashboard.
I guess the Indian heat has cracked all dashboards there.

I'm planning a trip to India in a few months, and we're trying to come by car, and of course it'll be with a 309!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks