Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2015, 10:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: OPEL ASTRA club, 1.1 lakh km, long review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pani View Post
The only thing I know is the front discs were 256 mm. Can anyone point me to a website or shop (preferrably in Bangalore) where I can find a really good replacement brake discs for Astra ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BREMSSCHEIBE...206ad#shpCntId

Looks like a good deal to me (it is a whole set with 2 rotors and 4 pads - which is the way you should change it, and not just rotors). Purchase cost + shipping + duties should not cost more than 5500/-.

You will have to confirm the part number for your vehicle though before buying. It says Opel Astra, 256mm, 4 bolts in the description. They have sold over 300 sets. Should be good I guess.

To be honest, I would any day prefer buying from a reputed international seller from the country of origin (in this case, Opel - Germany) than buy "original" parts from any dealer in Bangalore.
Old 3rd February 2015, 15:14   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BREMSSCHEIBE...206ad#shpCntId

Looks like a good deal to me (it is a whole set with 2 rotors and 4 pads - which is the way you should change it, and not just rotors). Purchase cost + shipping + duties should not cost more than 5500/-.

You will have to confirm the part number for your vehicle though before buying. It says Opel Astra, 256mm, 4 bolts in the description. They have sold over 300 sets. Should be good I guess.

To be honest, I would any day prefer buying from a reputed international seller from the country of origin (in this case, Opel - Germany) than buy "original" parts from any dealer in Bangalore.
Thanks a lot for that information Viju. Would you be able to guide me on how to ascertain the part number of my existing disc brakes ?
Old 3rd February 2015, 15:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

No clue Pani. I have no idea about Opels. With some help from Google, you should be able to find references (like part catalogues in pdf) or Opel clubs / forums and get the part number. Wish I could help you out more with this.

Another link I found, this time from UK. They also have the front rotor of 256mm dia and 4 bolt mounting.

http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/...e-Discs-1.html

You will have to do a bit of research online and find the exact model abroad which matches your Astra's specifications (though if you ask me, the parts from Opel / Vauxhall Astra 1998 - 2004 should be a straight fit to your car).

Last edited by Viju : 3rd February 2015 at 15:22. Reason: Add info
Old 3rd February 2015, 16:33   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pani View Post
Thanks a lot for that information Viju. Would you be able to guide me on how to ascertain the part number of my existing disc brakes ?
Check Partsbase.org and select your car model.

Viju might be right. One link (Astra Classic '99-'02) mentions the rotor dimensions as 256 mm x 24 mm.

Most Viewed