Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2012, 13:49   #31
BHPian

Miles on

One year went by without much happening.

Two replacements done
1) Connecting rode to the door lock to the central locking drive motor (whatever that is called) on the driver door got rusted and gave way eventually. I got that changed for ~ 150 Rs (Part+labor)

2) Driver side window glass was not rolling up evenly. I suspected some blockage on the beading. I tried some lubricant that helped for sometime. Issue aggravated later leading me to Kalyani Motors at Brookfields. We Opened the door pads to find the holding piece for the window glass also got rusted and decimated on the corner. Got it changed for 150 Rs (80 for Parts and 70 for labor).

I had the habit of driving with the window slightly open during mild rains. I guess that contributed to some extend to both issues. Anyway Job done without much damage to my pocket. I was expecting some delays due to part not being available. However those expectations were untrue.
Old 19th September 2013, 09:31   #32
BHPian

Good bye to "Lady Lightning"

Hi all, the "Lady Lightning" left my garage yesterday. At 86000 kms on odo, she was running and looking like new. Zero issues to me during the tenure. I would have kept her given I had space to park

Good luck my friend. Best wishes to the person who is buying the car- hope it finds a Team-bhpian
WhiteKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 10:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: "Lady Lightning"- My trusted Japanese companion, the Baleno

Yes, inspite of all the love/sentiment we have for our cars, there comes a time when we have to let go, due to a variety of reasons. I hope it finds an equally caring owner.
And I hope it is many more years before I have to make a similar decision about my Black Beauty (2005 Baleno, 72000kms & going strong with just an annual 10K km visit to the garage).

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 19th September 2013 at 10:04.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed