Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 16:56   #331
BHPian

Thanks Carfanatic007!!
I had booked it with Elite Motors, Bangalore.
Old 13th July 2010, 21:23   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash.giri View Post
Thanks Carfanatic007!!
I had booked it with Elite Motors, Bangalore.
Great, let me know how is the experience there, mine should come in 1.5 months, which variant you going for?
Old 13th July 2010, 21:30   #333
Senior - BHPian

^^ It depends on how one interprets the data. The VW is only cheaper than the Jazz and Uva (inconsequential), not considering the Fabia which is frm the same house.

If you compare the Punto, there is a difference of 20% in the spare parts basket for the petrol version and slightly less than that for the diesel version.
In my opinion, 20% is a lot for these cars.
Old 13th July 2010, 21:46   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
^^ It depends on how one interprets the data. The VW is only cheaper than the Jazz and Uva (inconsequential), not considering the Fabia which is frm the same house.

If you compare the Punto, there is a difference of 20% in the spare parts basket for the petrol version and slightly less than that for the diesel version.
In my opinion, 20% is a lot for these cars.
Jazz is the most over priced. Writing off Fabia is a mistake - mark my words!

Honestly - People who own a Polo, do not think that it is over priced. Others may feel so.

This is not just because they own the car. This car gives immense satisfaction to the owner. A feeling that can not be described in words!!

That is the secret my friend!
Old 13th July 2010, 22:38   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Honestly - People who own a Polo, do not think that it is over priced. Others may feel so.

This is not just because they own the car. This car gives immense satisfaction to the owner. A feeling that can not be described in words!!
+1
In fact, when you sit inside the Polo it feels like an expensive car, unlike any other. When you buy a car, it should feel inside that the money is all worth it. When I sat in the Punto or Figo, it just didn't give me that feeling. The interior showed all signs of cost cutting. While in the Polo, it's a great feeling to be in the cabin. And as you said it cannot be described in words!!

P.S: My pepper grey Polo is coming mid-august. This wait is so agonizing!

Last edited by theragingbull : 13th July 2010 at 22:41.
Old 13th July 2010, 22:46   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
+1
In fact, when you sit inside the Polo it feels like an expensive car, unlike any other. When you buy a car, it should feel inside that the money is all worth it. When I sat in the Punto or Figo, it just didn't give me that feeling. The interior showed all signs of cost cutting. While in the Polo, it's a great feeling to be in the cabin. And as you said it cannot be described in words!!
That's absolutely fine, and it's great that the owners (and prospective owners) appreciate it. I was wondering whether someone can comment on the interiors with respect to the i20 (interior colour shouldn't be taken into account, only quality).
Old 13th July 2010, 22:55   #337
Senior - BHPian

Personally, I feel the i20 interiors are a bit overdone. I did not like the orange backlit displays in old i20.I have not checked out the facelifted i20 yet. But instantly hated the new silver colored center console as seen in pictures. Only ACC design impressed me.
Beige gives a pleasant and upmarket feel to Polo interiors.

Last edited by poloman : 13th July 2010 at 22:56.
Old 13th July 2010, 23:09   #338
BHPian

Last week I went to the Hyundai showroom and checked the i20 (it was Asta). I liked the interiors very much, I felt like sitting inside a car above hatchback segment in terms of comfort, it was luxurious, liked the dash and in-built music system (please note, am talking only the look part of it, didn`t hear the sound), even though the interior is a bit dark for me but still would say I was really impressed.

Having booked a Polo, I went straight to the VW showroom (5 mins. distance) to get the feel of the difference. Looking at the car I thought - no, I like this most , even though less in features and dash is straight forward without any such fancy design (TL). I checked with my wife but she felt more comfortable inside polo than i20.
For me, overall - outside, inside => Polo, Only inside => i20
Old 13th July 2010, 23:46   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was wondering whether someone can comment on the interiors with respect to the i20 (interior colour shouldn't be taken into account, only quality).
Amarthya - Interior description can not be complete without taking color-combination in to consideration. But, I understand what you mean. Let me try.

Polo interiors can be best described as Classic. It is like using very good quality material and giving it a classy touch - without trying too hard.

i20 interiors are also good looking and exciting. But looks over-done. It is like a beautiful face with a lot of make-up, which actually is not required.

When it comes to quality of material used - Fit & Finish - Both are good. Thickness of plastics is better in Polo. Our i20 TD vehicle had a bit of rattle though. With Polo - Absolutely no rattles - Even after 5000 Kms (almost).

Rear leg room and head room, is very good in i20. But rear seats and head rest, are much more comfortable in Polo. Front seat comfort is good in both the cars.

I am not a great fan of silver color center console. Just inserts would have been a lot better. This is very subjective though.

More than interiors, AC & Ride Quality is the let down - in i20.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 13th July 2010 at 23:49.
Old 13th July 2010, 23:53   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was wondering whether someone can comment on the interiors with respect to the i20 (interior colour shouldn't be taken into account, only quality).
The Polo winds hands down here!! The new silver centre console looks too tacky in the i20. And there are a myriad buttons to boggle you. But i'd still rate the i20's interior as the second best.

The Polo's interior on the other hand is clean, functional and classy with first class materials everywhere. Chetan had also shown a pic with the rear seats folded to show that even underneath the paint quality is not compromised.
Old 14th July 2010, 00:08   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Amarthya - Interior description can not be complete without taking color-combination in to consideration. But, I understand what you mean. Let me try.

Polo interiors can be best described as Classic. It is like using very good quality material and giving it a classy touch - without trying too hard.

i20 interiors are also good looking and exciting. But looks over-done. It is like a beautiful face with a lot of make-up, which actually is not required.

When it comes to quality of material used - Fit & Finish - Both are good. Thickness of plastics is better in Polo. Our i20 TD vehicle had a bit of rattle though. With Polo - Absolutely no rattles - Even after 5000 Kms (almost).

Rear leg room and head room, is very good in i20. But rear seats and head rest, are much more comfortable in Polo. Front seat comfort is good in both the cars.

I am not a great fan of silver color center console. Just inserts would have been a lot better. This is very subjective though.

More than interiors, AC & Ride Quality is the let down - in i20.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
The Polo winds hands down here!! The new silver centre console looks too tacky in the i20. And there are a myriad buttons to boggle you. But i'd still rate the i20's interior as the second best.

The Polo's interior on the other hand is clean, functional and classy with first class materials everywhere. Chetan had also shown a pic with the rear seats folded to show that even underneath the paint quality is not compromised.
Thanks to both of you for sharing your feedback. I completely agree with you folks. This was my exact feedback after the Fabia came out as well, and the Polo continues in the same vein. In fact, if you remember, the Fabia's advertisement campaign ran on the punchline, "Feel Special". This is something VW has got spot on with the Polo.

As a friend of mine once told me, that the car should be better from the inside than the outside. He is not an auto-enthusiast, in fact he couldn't care less, but this point of view makes a huge difference. Specially for people who don't really care too much about dynamics, engine power, NVH etc. One visit to the VW showroom and sitting inside a display vehicle convinces people to part with their money.
Note, that doesn't mean that informed people won't buy the car, but just that interiors hold sway over the rest.

I also see what you folks mean about the spare parts cost as well.
Old 14th July 2010, 00:15   #342
Senior - BHPian

Day after a day I am tempted to book the Polo. But the Fe of my Ritz VDI (24kms/l on the High way, makes me to stick withe her. As far as this Fe continues seems I will not change my mind. My usuage is 30K since September. For people like me the FE or the consumption scale is very much in deed to look. I will watch you all guys cons and Pros of Polo and let us see the Polo sedan also.
Old 14th July 2010, 09:44   #343
Senior - BHPian

Having checked out all cars in the segment in my pursuit of buying a new car, here is my opinion on the interiors of each car. Please note, that the interior quality matters a lot to me and it was a very important criteria for deciding my car as it should give me a premium/luxury feel.
1> Punto - out immediately, more than quality, the fit/finish of the interiors is horrible for a 6-7 lakh car. ((4/10)
2> I20 - Lot of gadgets and goodies and good space as well. Quality is also pretty good but it is indeed overdone and misses that 'special' thing. (7/10)
3>Polo - classy, elegant and understated similar to outside design. Quality of parts (though little hard) and fit/finish are excellent. Feels premium. (9/10)
4>Micra - Funky design in the inside similar to outside. Quality of parts (some soft plastics as well) and fit/finish is top-notch. The central silver console with the music system and the climate control looks stunning. Feels premium. (9/10)
Old 14th July 2010, 09:59   #344
Senior - BHPian

I forgot to mention about the Figo. The Figo screamed cheap as soon as I sat inside - the plastics are hard and shiny and the silver finish is the tackiest I have even seen though the fit,finish is better than the Punto (4 out of 10).
Old 14th July 2010, 10:54   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Specially for people who don't really care too much about dynamics, engine power, NVH etc. One visit to the VW showroom and sitting inside a display vehicle convinces people to part with their money.
Note, that doesn't mean that informed people won't buy the car, but just that interiors hold sway over the rest.
Not exactly, Amartya - Interiors will definitely make a difference while concluding the deal. But the way in which people arrive to that stage - is what is important.

Right from the word go - Polo inspires confidence. Be it the built quality, fit & finish, dynamics, Brakes, body roll, ride & handling, Steering, exterior looks, paint quality, attention to detailing, AC effect, seating comfort, boot space, rattle free interiors, Safety features ... etc.

Now, when it comes to Engine and the famous NVH - Engine power as such is adequate for a normal commuter. People upgrading from 1000cc & 1100cc petrol engines will not have issues. Other cars may have a much powerful engine. That does not make this engine puny. NVH inside the cabin is fair enough. Engine is noisy, particularly when we stand outside the car.
People do object to this. But then, this noise factor is just relative. It is only higher then the other diesel cars. Which means that most other diesel cars also have this problem, but to a lesser degree.

This is when the Interiors play a role. It makes people not bother much about the NVH.

Even though it lacks some important features, it more than makes up for it, in terms of quality. Owners do not feel that the car is over priced.

But Rear seat leg room should have been a bit more. VW should have derived the Diesel 3 Pot from their 2L 4 Pot Crdi Engine. This I think, they over-looked. For Petrol enthusiasts - 1.6L engine will suffice.

On the other side of it:

What is ACC without a good - effective AC?

Blue tooth and EORVM is less important - compared to adjustable head rest, Split seat & Power windows - in the rear.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 14th July 2010 at 11:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks