Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2010, 02:13   #466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Have it filled with concrete to reduce the ramp.
Exactly what I wanted to say, getting the area up to the road cemented will not only solve the problem but also make it look good and reduce the amount of mud you take inside the house along with the tyres.

Regarding the polo,the body roll certainly is minimal and the Apollos perform beyond my expectations. For the scratch, go to the service station and get some touching done to the bumper, should do it for no cost I believe. Also, couldnt figure out from the pic but is there a crack in bumper too? if so you may get it plastic welded from inside.

whats the air out button for?, missed some serious discussion I believe

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 3rd August 2010 at 02:19.
Old 3rd August 2010, 08:43   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
But then when you come out forwards, it'll hit.

Have it filled with concrete to reduce the ramp.
When I came out, it did not hit, since the road level is much lower.

Level of the surface ahead of the wheel, when the wheel is in the pit (Depression) - is important.

I agree - Filling the concrete is the very basic requirement.

Reason why I was detailing - My previous car Spark, did not have any problem at the same place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Regarding the polo,the body roll certainly is minimal and the Apollos perform beyond my expectations. For the scratch, go to the service station and get some touching done to the bumper, should do it for no cost I believe. Also, couldnt figure out from the pic but is there a crack in bumper too? if so you may get it plastic welded from inside.

whats the air out button for?, missed some serious discussion I believe
There is a crack in the bumper - about 6 inches long. But, it has not opened up at the end. Should be possible to fix it.

Air-out Button: Once the fuel is filled till the rim, if we press this button, air inside the tank will be let out. Then, we can fill more fuel. Good to test FE once in a way.

But in a regular filling, I prefer to fill only about 80% tank capacity, so that there is some space left inside, for the fuel the expand.
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:31   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

I hate this low bumper design trend: an extra three inches of clearance is better for India, rather than looking racy in the showroom! Do they not understand that even many of us city dwellers regularly travel on unmade roads which are worse than some of Europe's farm tracks?
Old 3rd August 2010, 18:34   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I hate this low bumper design trend: an extra three inches of clearance is better for India, rather than looking racy in the showroom! Do they not understand that even many of us city dwellers regularly travel on unmade roads which are worse than some of Europe's farm tracks?
Your opinion for people who would like to add skirting to polo?
Old 3rd August 2010, 19:05   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

My opinion is that it would look daft --- but the people who would do that probably think they way I dress looks pretty silly!

I have big doubts that any of these things make any difference at all to the performance of an "ordinary" car. Now, wait... they probably increase the drag!

Oh... except blue lights under the car, of course. They make it go faster!

But, more on topic... the Polo lines look good already: I think it's a shame to mess with them.
Old 3rd August 2010, 23:29   #471
BHPian

guys i am upgrading my 1.2 polo to 1.6 which they recently started taking bookings at the gurgaon dealership (my 1.2 was scheduled for October end).
The only reason being, i have been driving a 1.8 Corolla for well over 2 years and before that i was on a 1.6 Accent (or was it 1.5?). So i guess going down from 1.8 to 1.2 would have surely made me feel the lack of power plus FE is not a concern for me.

Now my question is, the car is costing me somewhere around 6.70lac onroad delhi (will get the confirmed prices tomorrow hopefully). Is there any chance of a bargain somewhere in the price (besides a no claim bonus) or can i ask the dealer to put me up with some free accessories.
I read somewhere in the forum that people have bought the 1.2 for and it included accessories like floor mats, leather seats, etc. for 10k. Does that mean they paid 10k extra or was it adjusted in their onroad price.

@Chetan did you manage to find out about the ICE for Polo, RCD 510?
Old 4th August 2010, 14:30   #472
Senior - BHPian

Please find my relpies in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitPrashar View Post
guys i am upgrading my 1.2 polo to 1.6 which they recently started taking bookings at the gurgaon dealership (my 1.2 was scheduled for October end).
The only reason being, i have been driving a 1.8 Corolla for well over 2 years and before that i was on a 1.6 Accent (or was it 1.5?). So i guess going down from 1.8 to 1.2 would have surely made me feel the lack of power plus FE is not a concern for me.

Excellent decision, if budget permits and you dont mind less FE compared to 1.2, its anyday better to go for the 1.6. Having driven corolla all this while, you would have definitely felt lack of power on 1.2, especially at higher speeds. Congrats!

Now my question is, the car is costing me somewhere around 6.70lac onroad delhi (will get the confirmed prices tomorrow hopefully).

6.7L? If I am not wrong, the 1.2 highline costs about 6.4L here in delhi, then how come the 1.6 is costing 6.7L. I thought it will be over 7?

Is there any chance of a bargain somewhere in the price (besides a no claim bonus) or can i ask the dealer to put me up with some free accessories.

which dealer have you booked the car with? maximum you may get is a corporate discount if applicable. Rest, the dealers are not offering any discounts.

I read somewhere in the forum that people have bought the 1.2 for and it included accessories like floor mats, leather seats, etc. for 10k. Does that mean they paid 10k extra or was it adjusted in their onroad price.

10K is an additional amount aded to the on road price. its basically an essential kit on highline model. On the comfortline and trendline, its 13k package which includes, floor mats, mud flaps, basic kenwood music system with 2 basic speakers.

I would suggest getting the premium stanley leather from stanley authorised dealers. no point paying for artificial leather.

@Chetan did you manage to find out about the ICE for Polo, RCD 510?

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 4th August 2010 at 14:32.
Old 4th August 2010, 23:36   #473
BHPian

I booked my car at the Gurgaon Dealership and 1.2 on-road price was 6,18,504/. Yes its cheaper in ggn than in Delhi, but i guess you fetch less when you sale your (Haryana registered) vehicle as compare to that bought from Delhi.

My visit to the VW gurgaon today turned out to be quite a surprise. I went to get my 1.2 changed to 1.6. So heres the thing, my 1.2 had a waiting till November however i transfered my booking to 1.6 and apparently i was the 3rd person! to book it.
1.6 is expected to be available by 3rd week of August and so the salesperson told me that i could even get my car by the end of this August or a more realistic September.
Thats a full 2months earlier than what i was getting for 1.2!!!!!

And heres the sweet part the car would cost me around 6.68lacs though the sp kept quoting 6.57 lacs and he even wrote it on my booking slip, i am still going with the 50,000 difference between the two models until i get an official printed price quotes.

so to sum it up , a 1.6 polo for 6.68 lacs which is defin not bad for me and i seem to be getting it a full two months before!!

I guess its to good to be true as i am myself working for an automaker so i know if a company has manufacturing problems, it does take time and delays are to be expected. I wouldn't be surprised if my car gets delayed till November (mind you they are also launching the Vento so prodution will get even more strained) but still it was a good experience today and all i can now do is WAIT AND HOPE!!
Old 5th August 2010, 00:42   #474
Distinguished - BHPian

On my Polo price list, in Chennai: 1.6 Petrol Highline ex-showroom 6,16,000 otr 7,08,535

Really hoping you get your car this month, and can be giving us a report
Old 5th August 2010, 08:56   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitPrashar View Post
And heres the sweet part the car would cost me around 6.68lacs though the sp kept quoting 6.57 lacs and he even wrote it on my booking slip, i am still going with the 50,000 difference between the two models until i get an official printed price quotes.

Chetan did you manage to find out about the ICE for Polo, RCD 510?

Congratulations Ankit! You should be getting your car in the first lot (ggn) itself - if it is not for the color mismatch. By the way - Which color have you chosen?

SP is right. 1.6 Polo is just 40K more!!

RCD 510 - Nobody in the showroom is capable of giving any respectable answer for this question. The other thing is, if it is bought from VW as an accessory, it would cost a fortune.

I am waiting until the end of this year. By then, people outside will become familiar with Polo's wiring. I would rather take-off then!
Old 5th August 2010, 14:34   #476
BHPian

Polo in Glacier blue

Saw a New Polo in Glacier blue, in Tolichowki, Hyderabad, near Reliance Mart. The car looked awesome and I also spoke to the SP today regarding this color. It seems that was the only car in glacier blue delivered in hyderabad in the last five months. I have now changed the preference to blue color. Have to wait and see If am lucky enough to get this color!
Old 5th August 2010, 21:36   #477
Senior - BHPian

guys,
Does the polo come with seatbealt pretensioners with load limiters? I was thinking all cars offering airbags have this feature but looks like that's not the case. Can someone confirm? I guess it is really an important safety feature to have
Old 5th August 2010, 22:47   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Congratulations Ankit! You should be getting your car in the first lot (ggn) itself - if it is not for the color mismatch. By the way - Which color have you chosen?

SP is right. 1.6 Polo is just 40K more!!

RCD 510 - Nobody in the showroom is capable of giving any respectable answer for this question. The other thing is, if it is bought from VW as an accessory, it would cost a fortune.

I am waiting until the end of this year. By then, people outside will become familiar with Polo's wiring. I would rather take-off then!
Here is the official gurgaon price for Polo 1.6

POLO 1.6 PETROL

Ex-Showroom 619,423
Insurance 22,994
Registration 15,394
On Road Price 657,811

6.57 not at all bad for 1.6 i guess
i went for a candy white, wanted more of a luxurious/premium feel but thats my opinion.

Has anyone managed to source the Euro spec headlamps yet?
Old 12th August 2010, 10:27   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
I have another question... What other than build quality do is exceptional in Punto or Figo that you dont get in Indica Vista which is compartively priced less with same engine and has more or less same features?

Getting the point? Logitech sells mouse from 150 Rs to 5000 Rs, each offer the same feature (that is scroll, tracking etc) but the underlying technology and accuracy, ergonomics are different therefore a cost impact. A Videocon LCD with same features cant be compared to a Sony.

Its not just Figo has a music system, Punto has a music system. You have Boss speakers an than you have Rockford, Polk, Bose. So it would be blatently irresponsible to planely state its got the same features so why expensive.

What about quality? Punto's plastic tell a horrific story, for a car that goes well upto 7 lakhs, I find them attrocious. If Fiat tries selling the Punto they sell in India in States, they would be facing law suites.

Figo is old wine in new bottle. A car thats been made by Ford on an ageing platform specially for India/developing countries. Its got parts borrowed from Ikon, Fiesta, Fusion... The dashboard is ancient....

I am not advocating Polo is great. The engines are hopeless to say the least. But at least the product is international and put together with quality and not in a haste. At the end, you get what you pay for.

I dont want to start a debate here about these cars as each has its merits and cons. However a statement that I highlighted was what got me ticking...
Bang On. I like that. Finally the right answer. I was a big fan of Punto too till I actually sat in it. To be blunt, I feel the Vistas plastics look and feel way better than the Punto. And the feel I get after sitting in the Polo maybe comparable to some of the hot sedans.
Old 13th August 2010, 14:52   #480
Adrenalin

Hey All,

I am planning to book Polo(petrol or diesel, still unsure) in few days time. But i am afraid of its maintenance costs thinking it could be high . Can someone throw light on their expenses on regular services, spare parts(if replaced), also opinion as compared to Ford maintenance costs(as they have highest in current scene).

I would highly appreciate if you could respond with above info.

thanks one and all

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks