Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 12:02   #76
BHPian

@Chethan,

Good to know that you are not facing much issues on the turbo log , or as you said you may be getting used to it lol.
I think when u get your hands on a car that love as long it gives decent amount of performance and quality you wont be let down by the same . Applicable to anything that you love.

2 things I want to know regarding polo .
1- MFD in Comfortline , doesnt it give the DTE information
2-Well I am not a fan of beige seats , so does VW offer black or grey seat fabric ? atleast optional ?

Honour the god , Love your car , defend your country !!
Old 9th June 2010, 18:47   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Really nice.
I love oil burners. Specially the turbo kick.
Remember driving to Tirupati in a Fabia diesel. VW sure makes nice trannies.

Looking forward to meet you and Poloman during the forthcoming Blr meets.

Happy driving.
Thanks!
Is this a Team-BHP meet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
@Chethan,

Good to know that you are not facing much issues on the turbo log , or as you said you may be getting used to it. lol.
I think when u get your hands on a car that love as long it gives decent amount of performance and quality you wont be let down by the same . Applicable to anything that you love.

2 things I want to know regarding polo .
1- MFD in Comfortline , doesnt it give the DTE information
2-Well I am not a fan of beige seats , so does VW offer black or grey seat fabric ? atleast optional ?

Honour the god , Love your car , defend your country !!

After all - we are humans!

AFAIK MFD is available only in Highline (Brochure attached).

Baige seats are the only choice. But seat covers are available as usual.
But this baige is different. Looks very elegant. You can have a TD and find out. You may like it.
Attached Thumbnails
New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-polo-features.jpg  

Old 9th June 2010, 18:53   #78
Senior - BHPian

Chetan, Do you know how to deactivate the speed warning alarm in MID?Mine some how got activated at 30Kmph and display started blinking and chiming.

Last edited by poloman : 9th June 2010 at 19:02.
Old 9th June 2010, 19:13   #79
BHPian

Just wanted to enquire does integrated music system comes with a remote control?
Old 9th June 2010, 23:29   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Chetan, Do you know how to deactivate the speed warning alarm in MID?Mine some how got activated at 30Kmph and display started blinking and chiming.
OMG! I was wondering what that particular option was!! Now I know!!
On a serious note - If you can not deactivate, set it again for say - 140kms.
I have no clue!

Also, does your seat belt alarm function? On the RPM dial, there is a seat belt sort of a sign, which comes on when the ignition key is inserted. But it goes off immediately, even if the belt is not worn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve82 View Post
Just wanted to enquire does integrated music system comes with a remote control?
No Steve. ICE does not come with remote. But do you think that the remote is useful? I had it in my Spark. But I never used it.

Steve, How is your car doing? You are welcome to add your experience in this thread, if you are not going to start one by yourself. At least, that way, we will know what is happening.

Got the body coat, Sun films and Ind - number plates done!
I will post details tomorrow!

Last edited by Chethan B G : 9th June 2010 at 23:42.
Old 10th June 2010, 00:28   #81
BHPian

hey chethan, congrats for your black polo. The black looks really Classy in day light, its good that i had booked a black one. I was somehow skeptical how black would look like thanks to you I got settled to Black one finally, just waiting for my POLO. Do post details of accessories which you have purchased from VW.
Old 10th June 2010, 07:01   #82
Senior - BHPian

Chetan, I have no clue,how it got set . So sat and read the manual again. Manual says select the speed warning function and press the OK/RESET button to deactivate the feature. I did so and the speed limit warning now shows' __.__' . Previously it was 30kmph. Hopefully the warning is disabled. This is very irritating if it gets set to lower speed,since this overrides all other info and the display keep blinking and chiming when ever the speed crosses the set speed.But very good feature if you have a chauffer and you want to control his speed.
Even I am not sure of the seat belt warning.
@Subaro123
The beauty of pearl effect comes out full only in day light.
Contrary to popular perception, I find most of VW accessories moderately priced. I have gone for two floor mats, high quality car cover and door sill plates. Still the total damages was below 5000.
Old 10th June 2010, 10:15   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Also, does your seat belt alarm function? On the RPM dial, there is a seat belt sort of a sign, which comes on when the ignition key is inserted. But it goes off immediately, even if the belt is not worn.
From the brochure image, I do not see any feature about seat belt warning. For cars where this feature is there, there must be some audible alarm as well. What you see when ignition is turned on, are basically checks performed if the equipment is in working order.

E.g, in my fiesta, when ignition is switched on, the ABS/Airbag/Seatbelt icons will glow momentarily and then vanish..as per manual, these are pre-checks performed (kind of BIOS checks when booting a PC)...in case any issue is found with any of these, the icon will keep on glowing as a warning sign.
Old 10th June 2010, 10:37   #84
BHPian

Hey Chetan,

Congrats on your new car. Was waiting to see a polo in colors other than red, white and silver, and yours is the first. Black really looks cool. Welcome to the club :-)

Cheers,
Laxminarayan
Old 10th June 2010, 10:55   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Chetan, I have no clue,how it got set . So sat and read the manual again. Manual says select the speed warning function and press the OK/RESET button to deactivate the feature. I did so and the speed limit warning now shows' __.__' . Previously it was 30kmph. Hopefully the warning is disabled. This is very irritating if it gets set to lower speed,since this overrides all other info and the display keep blinking and chiming when ever the speed crosses the set speed.But very good feature if you have a chauffer and you want to control his speed.
Even I am not sure of the seat belt warning.
@Subaro123
The beauty of pearl effect comes out full only in day light.
Contrary to popular perception, I find most of VW accessories moderately priced. I have gone for two floor mats, high quality car cover and door sill plates. Still the total damages was below 5000.
Yeah the black certainly looks much cooler in day light. However, I haven't seen any black polos yet in Delhi and still visibility of POLOs are limited here.

As you have said the pricing of accessories won't cause too much hole in pocket based on the price mentioned on their website . In addition to that I am planning to get parking sensors as well considering poor rear visibility on rears, whats your view on them.

The features of speed & seat belt warning are they available in Comfortline too.
Old 10th June 2010, 11:32   #86
BHPian

Hi Chethan:

Belated congratulations - love reading your experience on the Polo. However good a test drive report may be, nothing like knowing from an owner.

Do keep posting for prospective buyers and lovers of Polo like us.

Cheers,
Old 10th June 2010, 12:07   #87
BHPian

Congrats Chethan on your new vehicle, happy riding. What is the service intervals for Polo, did you check that in the manual?
Old 10th June 2010, 18:51   #88
BHPian

Hey Chethan,

Some people say that the front bumper gets damaged very easily, is it so? Did you scrape it anywhere?
Old 10th June 2010, 23:07   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
hey chethan, congrats for your black polo. The black looks really Classy in day light, its good that i had booked a black one. I was somehow skeptical how black would look like thanks to you I got settled to Black one finally, just waiting for my POLO. Do post details of accessories which you have purchased from VW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
In addition to that I am planning to get parking sensors as well considering poor rear visibility on rears, whats your view on them.

The features of speed & seat belt warning are they available in Comfortline too.
Thanks Subaro123!

Color was my Wife and Daughter's choice. My only problem with Black was that I was worried that the cabin gets very hot when parked in sun. But with my experience till now with Polo, in cabin heat insulation is excellent. AC also is very good.

I checked up parking sensors at the dealership. It is VW genuine accessory. But still connectors do not match 100%! Wire need to be sleeved/cut!! I asked them to get full details. What is the fun in paying more and getting it done through VW dealer if the connectors are not 100% compatible?

Multi Function Display (MFD) is available only in Highline. Seat belt warning is not available in any variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan View Post
Hey Chetan,

Congrats on your new car. Was waiting to see a polo in colors other than red, white and silver, and yours is the first. Black really looks cool. Welcome to the club :-)

Cheers,
Laxminarayan
Thanks Laxminarayan! Now I am happy that I choose a Black one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
From the brochure image, I do not see any feature about seat belt warning. For cars where this feature is there, there must be some audible alarm as well. What you see when ignition is turned on, are basically checks performed if the equipment is in working order.

E.g, in my fiesta, when ignition is switched on, the ABS/Airbag/Seatbelt icons will glow momentarily and then vanish..as per manual, these are pre-checks performed (kind of BIOS checks when booting a PC)...in case any issue is found with any of these, the icon will keep on glowing as a warning sign.
Yes Sanjay. You are right. Thanks for the info.

Initially I thought that the feature is present in the display, but the sensors were not in place. Confusion was because of the User manual. It has details about all the polo models in the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Hi Chethan:

Belated congratulations - love reading your experience on the Polo. However good a test drive report may be, nothing like knowing from an owner.

Do keep posting for prospective buyers and lovers of Polo like us.

Cheers,
Thanks Diffsoft! I will definitely do it. It is my Pleasure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop RD View Post
Congrats Chethan on your new vehicle, happy riding. What is the service intervals for Polo, did you check that in the manual?
Thanks Anoop!
Service interval is 15,000kms. Same is mentioned in the manual also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Hey Chethan,

Some people say that the front bumper gets damaged very easily, is it so? Did you scrape it anywhere?
Do you mean the bottom of the bumper?

Bumpers in Polo is of very good quality. It will not get damaged easily.

As far as ground clearance is concerned, I must say it is exceptionally good. I have not been able to scrape anywhere till now. That is, even after trying hard (jumped a few humps at 15-20Kmph)! That too in Bangalore roads!!

Thanks Poloman - For the Info. By the way, I was going through the manual. It says that the Digital ODO on the MFD gets reset after 9,999kms!! Is it a print mistake?

Last edited by Chethan B G : 10th June 2010 at 23:20.
Old 11th June 2010, 00:38   #90
BHPian

Quote:
I checked up parking sensors at the dealership. It is VW genuine accessory. But still connectors do not match 100%! Wire need to be sleeved/cut!! I asked them to get full details. What is the fun in paying more and getting it done through VW dealer if the connectors are not 100% compatible?
I thought if a wire is cut, it will void the electrical warranty??? Or is it okay if the VW dealership does it?. I heard from someone that if you need to put in a music system in trendline version (maybe not at the dealership), then the wires need to be cut and it will void the warranty....

Most Viewed