Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2012, 11:34   #16
BHPian

re: Audi A4 : Vorsprung durch Technik. An Eight Year Saga

Hi Redeff,

I can totally relate to your views about your cars. For me too, our cars become a member of our family and a part of us. Each car would have a certain character in our garage. Some would be hero's who would save our lives someday (My Honda City did recently, had a bad crash with me in it) and for that reason it holds a special place in my heart.

Moving on, we have also booked an AUDI A4 2.0 TDI (White ;p) and shall be getting delivery soon. Reading your initial ownership report and now this made me wonder whether I would also some day be writing something similar about my soon to be AUDI A4, not as well as you of course. My writing skills are similar to that of an orangutan who has just had a crash course in English.

Looking forward to hearing more of your AUDI stories.

From AUDI fan to another,

Cheerz and Drive Safe
Old 15th May 2013, 14:50   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
Some Vital Information-

Run till date Aprox 9.5k Km.

Mileage in City ( Avg ) ( Trip Meter ) - around 10 -11 depending on driving style.

Highway driving - Heavy foot - 10 - 13. ( Variable speeds )

Highway driving ( cruising with cruise control at around 120 - 140 kmh ) - 15 KMPL.

Car does Mumbai - Pune trips ( Inculding local Pune commuting ) twice on approximately one tank full of diesel comfortably.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Hi Redeff,

I can totally relate to your views about your cars. For me too, our cars become a member of our family and a part of us. Each car would have a certain character in our garage. Some would be hero's who would save our lives someday (My Honda City did recently, had a bad crash with me in it) and for that reason it holds a special place in my heart.

Moving on, we have also booked an AUDI A4 2.0 TDI (White ;p) and shall be getting delivery soon. Reading your initial ownership report and now this made me wonder whether I would also some day be writing something similar about my soon to be AUDI A4, not as well as you of course. My writing skills are similar to that of an orangutan who has just had a crash course in English.

Looking forward to hearing more of your AUDI stories.

From AUDI fan to another,

Cheerz and Drive Safe
Hi Guys - Hows your Audi doing? Would be great if you can update us with experiences, issues, maintenance costs etc?
ajayrec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 17:06   #18
BHPian

Hi Ajay,

Our A4 is doing pretty well. Simply love the way it cocoons the occupants from the elements. It has done 5K kilometers with a couple of outstation trips to Chandigarh. Performed really well on the highway as well. And the icing on the cake, it is consistently giving and average of 17 KMPL within the city with the AC on.

Had an unscheduled visit to the ASC though. Usually, there is just one person driving the car. Recently, we had four people travelling to a subarb when we heard a squeaking sound from the rear left side suspension. Called the Audi Sales guy and he promptly arranged a callback from the service center relationship manager. The RM offered to have the car picked up from our residence for a checkup but I preferred to go there myself and supervise the check up.

So I landed up at the Audi Gurgaon Service Centre at 11 AM the next day. Was received there well by the hostess and the RM. They don't get a lot of owners getting the cars in for service and maintenance themselves (most send their drivers or man fridays) so I was given VVIP treatment with numerous requests for refreshments which I declined as I had a lunch meeting to get to. Anyway, the chief tester of the dealership, a dignified senior looking gentleman along with a driver and me went for a test drive on the back roads near the ASC to diagnose the cause of the sound. After a 15 minute test drive, including hard braking, cornering and acceleration tests the source of the sound was zero'd on on. Im must say that the chief tester was very thorough in his analysis of the problem and did not abuse the car just for the sake of it.

What I was told was that the seal (rubber?) in the rear sock absorber was faulty and would be changed FOC and that they had already received an advisory from Audi India to change the same during first service or if any customer reports a problem. So they examined the car for any dents or scratches (there were none ) and gave me a job card of the same. The car was promised to be ready by the evening.

I requested that my car once rectified and thoroughly checked to be delivered to my residence in the evening to which they promptly agreed. They also arranged a drop off to my lunch meeting in a spanking new A6.

The car was delivered by 6 in the evening as promised by the RM. The issue was resolved to my satisfaction. The RM called me the next day to enquire if I was happy with the work carried out. I would rate the first experience with the ASC as top class.

Please feel free to holler if you have any questions!

Cheerzzz!!!

Last edited by Sisu : 15th May 2013 at 17:32. Reason: Grammatical Correction
Sisu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 06:57   #19
BHPian

@Sisu I Have the same problem with my A4, I told the Audi Guys at the first service and they just oiled the suspension and sent it back and its back since a few months. I cant send it to Audi everytime because the nearest showroom is like 150 km away. What do u suggest me to do? I will probably be sending it in a few days! Was it a part replacement?
Old 3rd May 2017, 16:27   #20
BHPian

Long term ownership threads require some long replies, especially when there has been a long bout of silence.

Nenya. If you were one of the old timers who have read the post where it all began, you'd know that this car had captured the very essence of what motoring stood for in my eyes.

To quote the great poet Khalil Gibran 'on love'

Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself.
But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:
To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.
To know the pain of too much tenderness.
To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;
To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;
To return home at eventide with gratitude;
And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips. "

Eight years. That's how long it has been. We took delivery of this beautiful girl on 31st March 2009. It's 2017, and the game has moved on in this segment. Or so they say.
And much has changed in my life in these eight years. Nenya now shares her garage with a BMW x1, a i20 and a vee dublu Polo. But my heart is all hers.

In the first year of getting her, a girl once told me that I'd never have a girl friend as long as I had Nenya; because I wouldn't give the girl any attention. I did manage to get a girl. A girl that I am currently married to. The girl claims that I love Nenya more than her.

It's been eight years and the car honestly feels as good a new. Yearly servicing aside and the minor body work repairs due to the dings and dents of Bombay city life, she has been otherwise a paragon of perfection, an angel of simplicity in the this time of complications, an oasis of charm if you will in this madness called Mumbai traffic. The segment game might have moved forward, but this car symbolizes the word for design that is arguably the most overhyper on this forum 'Timeless'. It didn't age gracefully, infact it did not age at all. The mustang brown interiors against the black with chrome detailing look as fresh today as they did in their day. The design of the A4 hasnt changed much, and frankly I'm a bigger fan of the 'String of pearls' LEDs that came with the car than the new design LEDs.

This year was the first time that I had to look beyond normal service though. She doesn't run more that 10K Kms a year. However, this year in 11 months the Oil level had run low. I've been told that this engine in its advanced age sometimes consumes excess oil. The suspension was also worked on a bit, a given after 8 years and the overloaded trip to Khandala and Lohgarh that I subjected this beauty to. Also, a headlight bulb had to be replaced.

I have had an independent garage look into all her needs for the last 6 years. Servicing her has cost me around 15- 20K. The current suspension overhaul along with the odd bits and pieces that needed to be taken care of cost me around 80K. The headlight replacement was around 7K. All par the course.

She gets interior detailing done once a year. Quite smart she looks actually. My entire family loves her. We came close to selling her for a new car this year, but it was not to be. Fate it seems has other plans for me and Nenya. A fate in which we stay together.

Even today after all these years, none of us at home tire of commenting to each other of how gorgeous she looks. Clean. Stately. She still gets that lingering look from me when I park her at home in the night and walk away.

Oh. And she makes me smile everytime I'm behind the wheel. When a car makes you feel that special, makes you feel cocooned in her embrace. When she treats you that good.. You hold on. And your love story continues.

It endures. It's love. And it makes you feel very fortunate.

Last edited by redeff : 3rd May 2017 at 16:29.
redeff is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 19:29   #21
BHPian

Re: Audi A4 : Vorsprung durch Technik. An Eight Year Saga

I'm facing lot of issues with Audi A4 1.8 tfsi 2012 model. Just after the initial 4 year warranty got over, I had to replace one sensor and yesterday I had to replace thermostat along with water pump . This year I spent close to Rs.75k for parts and labour in addition to the routine service. Vehicle has been driven around 18000 kms . I felt this has been a complete rip off and a very unreliable vehicle . Moreover we have always garage parked and this vehicle has been driven sedately by single person .

These parts are made of plastic and I dont think it will last long. I dont think they are designed to last for the compete lifetime of the car.Rusting should not be an issue as these components are made of plastic and ideally should be capable to withstand at least 60K kms

Did anyone in this forum face such issues within 20000 kms on the petrol variant ? Can I register a complaint regarding the quality of components ?

I'm attaching the invoice for thermostat
Attached Thumbnails
Audi A4 : Vorsprung durch Technik. An Eight Year Saga-capture.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks