Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2010, 09:43   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Mine is september end 2009 fiesta, remote key is not programmed to open the driver side door only, I really miss the auto lock feature, I'll ask Service Manager if there is any way to activate this feature in my fiesta as already yourself and sanjayc got this feature.

Thanks,
Rajesh, by default the remote is programmed to open all doors. It can be reprogrammed to open driver side door only. This is toggle-feature. Don't remember the correct steps, but it is described in the user manual. IIRC, this is described by Nairji in the "All Fiesta Owners" thread as well.
Old 17th June 2010, 09:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

Its quite simple. Just keep the lock & unlock buttons on the remote both pressed for more than 4 secs and the feature is activated, to disable it repeat the same step.
I used to do it twice a week first during the weekdays when I used to drive alone to office and once during weekends when family drives along with me. But now I have stuck to keeping the option of opening all doors.
Old 17th June 2010, 10:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

Yes ghodlur is correct, but this function can be activated only when the ignition is switched off.
Old 17th June 2010, 12:04   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Rajesh, by default the remote is programmed to open all doors. It can be reprogrammed to open driver side door only. This is toggle-feature. Don't remember the correct steps, but it is described in the user manual. IIRC, this is described by Nairji in the "All Fiesta Owners" thread as well.
Sanjay thanks, I was asking about how to activate auto door lock feature without using remote key after switching off the car, my fiesta don't have this feature of auto door lock which is present in your and Gilead's fiesta, any suggestions from your side.
Old 17th June 2010, 12:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Sanjay thanks, I was asking about how to activate auto door lock feature without using remote key after switching off the car, my fiesta don't have this feature of auto door lock which is present in your and Gilead's fiesta, any suggestions from your side.
Not sure if I understood this, but the auto door lock feature is like this:

If you suppose use the remote unlock button, the lights will flash once. Now, in case you do not open the doors or boot for the next 30 secs or so, central locking system will be engaged and doors will be locked. So, basically this is a feature, where after disengaging the central locking, if for some reason you do not proceed to use the car from inside, the central locking system will re-engage.

I don't remember mentioning anywhere that if you switch off the ignition, and come out of the car, doors will automatically lock after some time. Is this avlbl in Gilead's Fiesta S..I doubt.
Old 17th June 2010, 12:30   #36
BHPian

Quote:
I don't remember mentioning anywhere that if you switch off the ignition, and come out of the car, doors will automatically lock after some time. Is this avlbl in Gilead's Fiesta S..I doubt.
Sanjay, sorry for confusing query, basically Gilead in his earlier post (same thread) mentioned his (also yours) fiesta gets auto lock after switching off the car and if doors are properly closed.
Anyway thanks for your inputs, I am happy with present system (though not satisfied), and I do take care to lock the car with remote key.
Old 17th June 2010, 12:47   #37
BHPian

I re-checked Gilead's post...have never noticed such a feature. Let me check on mine and reconfirm.
Old 17th June 2010, 14:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I re-checked Gilead's post...have never noticed such a feature. Let me check on mine and reconfirm.
sanjay, maybe you forgot you made this post a few months ago.

Quote:
Auto-locking works in mine - after switching off the ignition, if you come out of the car, and all doors/boot are already closed, even if you do not press the lock button on the remote, central locking gets activated automatically after about a minute or so. And, yes, this auto-lock happens without the blinking of lights as Gilead mentioned.
Old 17th June 2010, 14:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I also read in the past as some one did claim that their car has the facility of autolock i.e after you reach your destination, switch off the ignition, come out and close the door - in a shortwhile the doors get locked automatically?
I tried in my car (and even checked with my dealer guys but they are not aware such facility is there in fiesta) but nothing that kind works. May be Ford technicians will be able to explain if this autolocking can be activated in Fiesta's!
Old 17th June 2010, 15:01   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
sanjay, maybe you forgot you made this post a few months ago.
OOPS! Seems this feature is non-repeatable experiment!

Just went out and checked again. Here is what I did:
1. Unlocked using remote
2. Started the ingnition
3. Locked using the push door handle
4. Drove the car back and forward for some metres
5. Switched off the ignition and took out the remote key
6. Unlocked the doors by pulling the door handle
7. Came out, & just slammed the door close (did not use the remote lock button)
8. Walked off, had a fag, came back after five minutes
9. The door could be opened simply.

Which means, the auto-lock was not activated.

Now, let me do some other permutation/combination and see how I arrived at the auto-lock conclusion. Meanwhile, Nura@ also had confirmed it works in his car. Seems something is going on here.

http://www.kairaliford.com/fiesta.htm - this site which has now become kind of ready-reckoner for me, mentions keyless entry & auto-relocking feature present in ZXI/SXI.

Last edited by sanjayc : 17th June 2010 at 15:06.
Old 18th June 2010, 08:47   #41
BHPian

Till now, no luck. Tried various combinations, but auto-lock is not working.

What works is if the unlock button is pressed from outside, but for next few secs if no doors/boot are opened, the locking is activated again automatically.

Maybe Nura@ can cross-check his observations as well and confirm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Auto lock working in my Fiesta too. Haven't checked what happens if there is a person left inside.
I don't think the car can "sense" that there is someone in the car. More likely the car's body controller relies on signals sent by the opening & closing of individual doors. Just my hunch. Which could be totally wrong.

Last edited by sanjayc : 18th June 2010 at 08:49.
Old 18th June 2010, 09:00   #42
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for shooting off my mouth too fast without verfying the facts. The auto locking facility is not working in my Fiesta. I tried on a couple of occasions in a similar way which sanjay had tried but no luck. The auto locking does not happen. I guess its not been programmed, will talk to dealer and verify.
Old 18th June 2010, 09:54   #43
BHPian

So it seems that the feature is available and has to be activated, which seems the case for @Gilead.

Let me go and check the manual once more and see if this feature can be activated. If so, its a nice feature to have.
Old 18th June 2010, 10:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

I contacted the Ford Dealer for the ongoing Auto lock feature issue. They have confirmed that the presently there is no auto lock facility available in Fiesta (any variant). Which means that if you close the doors after you get out of the vehicle the doors dont auto lock after a few min. This was confirmed by two Ford Dealers (Wasan & Shreeji).
This facility is normally available for vehicle having no engine mobilizer but Autocop security systems(not Ford's). Will be writing to Ford customer care for further clarification. Till then I guess I will have to use the remote key for locking the doors.
Old 18th June 2010, 13:24   #45
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I checked again this morning and it does auto lock after I get out of the car hahaha. Happens in about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Didn't time it. Looks like I got something that isn't working on any other Fiesta at the moment.

ghodlur: Auto Lock is explicitly mentioned on the Fiesta website. But it's probably referring to the to the auto lock that happens if you don't open the doors. Let us know what customer care tells you. I am pretty sure it's a programmable feature since it's working in mine, but probably even Ford is not aware of it. Only the OEM vendor will know for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks